Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849
    Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Considering Lex Luthor has been the villain in three Superman movies and Zod in two others it doesn't seem like anyone who makes the movies is aware Superman even has other villains.
    I think it's the nostalgia for the Reeves/Donner Superman.

BANNED

After the fall out from Deadpool 2, Wonder Woman, Ready Player one, GOTG 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Justice League. Credible journalists and websites should stop reporting on all these early reactions and wait until the films comes out itself. that not also been enough, wait also until a few weeks where everyone has digested the movie before we truly have a clear opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    After the fall out from Deadpool 2, Wonder Woman, Ready Player one, GOTG 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Justice League. Credible journalists and websites should stop reporting on all these early reactions and wait until the films comes out itself. that not also been enough, wait also until a few weeks where everyone has digested the movie before we truly have a clear opinion.
    What fallout are you talking about?

Extraordinary Member

Okay, so I finally saw Justice League. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as I had anticipated, but in a strange way, that was the most disappointing thing about it. It was average and ultimately, average tends to be pretty forgettable. If it was at least as spectacularly bad as something like Waterworld (or hell even Batman vs. Superman) it would've left me with some sort of lasting impression. This is the JUSTICE LEAGUE fer crying out loud! Superman! Batman! Wonder Woman! The Flash! A fim featuring this team together for the first time should be a cultural phenomenon!

One issue I've had with Snyder's take on the DCEU pantheon is that he tends to care more about aesthetics than storytelling or characterization. Casting the perfect square jawed actor or attempting to recreate an iconic comic book panel exactly as it appeared in print doesn't make up for the lack of these two things. If anything, it shines a light on them even more. I just don't buy Affleck as the world's greatest detective or Cavill as either a mild mannered reporter or a heroic inspiration (WW still holds that title after her movie). As a result of both this and WB's rush to catch up the competition, the gathering of this particular group of heroes doesn't feel earned. It really just kind of feels like a box the studio had to check to get to where they want to go instead of simply being interested in telling a good story.

Speaking of aesthetics, I realize that Snyder movies tend to have a particular look about them, but the way he uses CGI feels dated by at least a decade. Making everything look like a videogame kind of negates just how high the stakes are supposed to be when facing a world-ending threat or even when just trying to get a family out of harm's way.

All this said, there were aspects of this movie that I enjoyed greatly. Ezra Miller is a freaking national treasure. He literally stole every scene he was in he had such energy (and I'm not talking about the Speed Force, either). Every Amazonian fight scene was great as well. Those scenes were absolutely visceral and I never had any doubt even for a moment that these women were born and raised to be some of Earth's finest warriors.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    Fall out? Deadpool 2 isn't out. I think critics called the others just about right. Justice League stunk. Wonder Woman was great, etc.