Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    this is heartbreaking.
    Mixed reviews are heartbreaking??

I try not to think too hard of the close mindedness that has lead people to believe that comic book movies in general *have* to keep a certain (funny) tone, or that indeed sequels in the same extended universe can't themselves be tonally different from one another. I read a review say I wouldn't like JL since I loved BvS, and I scoffed. It's the first time I'm going to see the DCEU Flash; *of course* I'm gonna be expecting it to be different than BvS, and still amazing.

this is heartbreaking.
    To be optamistic the actual audiencr reviews ive read seem to be way less brutal then BvS. And alot of people said they had fun. The GA is way more forgiving of a movie if its fun imo

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Cyborg says Boo Yah

id be disappointed if he didn't
    I get it. I was being snarky about the review, but I don't think my comment came off well....just found it funny that he was tearing apart the film and used that as something specific, when he clearly does NOT get it.

But I mean...booyah is dated. Come on, Cyborg.

BANNED

I see a lot of people discussing this movie saying that 50 minutes were cut. Does anyone know if that's true? If so, the pacing is probably all over the shop.

Once again, it looks like we might get the better cut of the movie on DVD.

BANNED

Vox.com seems to have a fair review. Concrete examples of what was bad, while admitting hope for solo franchises based on actors' abilities.

And vox also raises the issue of Rotten Tomatoes delayed scores.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    I see a lot of people discussing this movie saying that 50 minutes were cut. Does anyone know if that's true? If so, the pacing is probably all over the shop.

Once again, it looks like we might get the better cut of the movie on DVD.
    Yeah...allegedly the original cut was something close to 3 hours. WB mandated it clock in at 2.

This movie was doomed from the start with everything going on around it. Too bad because they have a talented cast, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    Mixed reviews are heartbreaking??
    wonder woman was so amazing and i really wanted to see that sort of receptions for justice league too. but these words are terrible, even the good reviews are not "great.'

RT score can be seen on the app. Dropped from 50% to 48%

Picture from another site.

[IMG][/IMG]

wonder woman was so amazing and i really wanted to see that sort of receptions for justice league too. but these words are terrible, even the good reviews are not "great.'
    Well you really liked BvS so who knows you might love this. But yea i was hoping JL would get some good critic reviews. I still wanna see it because if nothing else ill have some geek out moments with the team on screen. Plus ive been digging Mamoas Aquaman from day one.

Apparently ppl are in a uproar over the way the amazonians dress in Justice league.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Apparently ppl are in a uproar over the way the amazonians dress in Justice league.
    Being unnecessarily sexed up for now reason? I can't imagine why there might be an issue with that.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Being unnecessarily sexed up for now reason? I can't imagine why there might be an issue with that.
    I havent seen it so i cant say. But i assume they have significantly less clothes then in WW for no functional reason. The articles just call them Bikinis

I havent seen it so i cant say. But i assume they have significantly less clothes then in WW for no functional reason. The articles just call them Bikinis
    Here they are.

[IMG][/IMG]