Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Default Young Monsters In Love, 80 page Valentines Day special, from DC Comics

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...shot-february/

"The comic has an all star creative team including Paul Dini, James Robinson, Jeff Lemire, Steve Orlando, Mark Russell, Kyle Higgens, Alisa Kwitney, Phil Hester, Guillem March, Frazer Irving, Kelley Jones, and more."

This sounds interesting. Judging by the cover, it is safe to speculate that there is to be a Swamp Thing story in there. This is Swamp Thing's second appearance in a DC prestige one shot, the second being the "Swamp Thing Winter Special", which is expected to come out this Winter.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 11-10-2017 at 12:19 PM.

Incredible Member

The title makes it sound like an amalgam comic.....

I hope this is better then the last Valentine's Day special .

Abigail is probably not going to be happy Swampy...

I wonder if this is actually going to involve the DC heroes or if it's purely centered on the monster characters? Will get an Etrigan romance ?

I could also see them working in a Deadman story.

Fantastic Member

I love that they're at least giving us some swamp thing with these specials. I believe he has a story in next month's holiday special, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Abigail is probably not going to be happy Swampy...
    I would rather see an Abigail-Swamp Thing story too, but there is a chance that the events depicted on the cover doesn't happen in the comic at all, and instead is just a joke cover that is meant to display the tone of the comic rather than an actual scene.

Retired

I'd hope that with a title like YOUNG MONSTERS IN LOVE that the Young Heroes in Love would make an appearance. At least Monstergirl. But I suspect DC is just playing with my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'd hope that with a title like YOUNG MONSTERS IN LOVE that the Young Heroes in Love would make an appearance. At least Monstergirl. But I suspect DC is just playing with my heart.
    Young Heroes in Love is half creator owned which is probably why none of the characters in that book have ever appeared in a DC Comics besides their own, even though Young Heroes in Love has a strong cult fanbase.

Retired

Yeah, I know, that's why I don't seriously expect any of the YHIL mob to show up in anything, but it doesn't stop me from hoping. And calling this book YOUNG MONSTERS IN LOVE is DC's way of torturing the YHIL lovers. They are a bunch of Sadists at DC.

I’ll but anything with Frankenstein and The Bride.

I wonder who will be writing the Swamp Thing/Frankenstein story, Kelly Jones is probably the illustrator of that story since he drew the two characters on the cover.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 11-10-2017 at 10:59 PM.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

It's hard to hope too much for a full, good anthology...sigh, but I do.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet