Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    For a standalone WW movie, sure, though when you start bringing in other characters perhaps the less said, the better.
    It only becomes problematic if you bring in characters that actually challenge the notion, like Zauriel or Phantom Stranger. Save that it's just a thing in the background that goes unmentioned, like there is no reason for the origins of humanity to be revealed in most movies. It did in WW because Ares' motivations had to be explained, elsewhere... not so much.

BANNED

By the way, does anybody know what the canon origin of humanity is in the comics DCU?

I’m sure it involves time travel, someone from Oa, and Darkseid.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    By the way, does anybody know what the canon origin of humanity is in the comics DCU?
    DC wiki says evolution

it's canon in DC that the Martians also tinkered with humanity in some way too. Back before the Oans made them into the whites and greens instead of the burning version.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    It only becomes problematic if you bring in characters that actually challenge the notion, like Zauriel or Phantom Stranger. Save that it's just a thing in the background that goes unmentioned, like there is no reason for the origins of humanity to be revealed in most movies. It did in WW because Ares' motivations had to be explained, elsewhere... not so much.
    I don't really expect the origin of humanity to be a talking point of future DCEU movies, so whatever I'm going to discuss will probably be irrelevant. I do find other comic and sci-fi ideas to be more interesting than Zeus did this and that. Also, I don't know if Kara Zor-El will factor into the equation, but back in 2013 the idea was something along the lines that she arrived on Earth some thousand years ago. I never read the "prequel" comics, so I don't really know the story, but perhaps I was just under the assumption that alien cultures interfered with human development.

In a standalone universe, I'm perfectly OK with the pantheon. Shared universe, I have some reservations about the pantheon, but I certainly wouldn't want it to be too similar to the classic mythology, but it probably is not pertinent. I do kind of like the way the MCU handles Asgardians.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Answers may vary on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I don't really expect the origin of humanity to be a talking point of future DCEU movies, so whatever I'm going to discuss will probably be irrelevant. I do find other comic and sci-fi ideas to be more interesting than Zeus did this and that. Also, I don't know if Kara Zor-El will factor into the equation, but back in 2013 the idea was something along the lines that she arrived on Earth some thousand years ago. I never read the "prequel" comics, so I don't really know the story, but perhaps I was just under the assumption that alien cultures interfered with human development.

In a standalone universe, I'm perfectly OK with the pantheon. Shared universe, I have some reservations about the pantheon, but I certainly wouldn't want it to be too similar to the classic mythology, but it probably is not pertinent. I do kind of like the way the MCU handles Asgardians.
    I kinda tend to stick with the myths if we were not all monkeys the climbed out of the trees, the sci-fi thing just seems pretty easy to mess up.
    Supergirl was always just a rumor. People saw that open pod in MoS and assumed there had to be someone in it, there might have been, there might not have. They may have gotten out of the ship, or they could be lying dead in it's bowels and remain undiscovered. Well, with JL behind us, we can say that alien cultures did interfere with human development, the Olympians gave humanity the Amazons to calm them down and Apokolips tried to invade.

I really don't, I dont like the idea that beings we've come to see as divine turn out to be just some normal people from far away. It makes the encounter with them decidedly less 'epic'... it's kinda like running into one of those special celebrities, like Lady Gaga, down at some random shop and she dresses and acts completely normal.