Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Default BuzzFeed runs story on Eddie Berganza

BANNED

Good... maybe now DC will get rid of him.

What a shocker. They didn't take any interest in the Berganza situation back when it was the talk of the comic industry, but conveniently did so now during witch hunt season. Good job BuzzFeed, it's not like you actually care about these poor women, but good job nonetheless. Let's see what DC does about this ******* this time around.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-10-2017 at 05:29 PM.

I would have read the article, but it's on Buzzfeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Buzzfeed's journalism can actually be quite good sometimes. The R. Kelly expose a few months back had exemplary journalism from a top notch writer. Why they're on Buzzfeed I have no idea, but don't knock it out of hand.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Buzzfeed's news section is good.

They use the clickbait to fund the news part.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    Buzzfeed's news section is good.

They use the clickbait to fund the news part.
    Not to derail the thread, but no, compared to the quality of the majority of news reporting websites, Buzzfeed is farcical. it's absurdly pandering, and it reads like it's target audience are caterpillars.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 11-10-2017 at 09:45 PM.

Amazing Member

Yikes!!!!

They've should fired him a long time ago. But I don't know the whole behind the scene things at DC so there's that.

Always Rakzo

Welp, I don't think they can keep running from the issue anymore. They should have gotten rid of him years ago. Wonder if those rumours about him having some info about his bosses are true?

Can we combine this thread with the one in the Superman section?We really don't need two different places for people to rant and rave about Berganza again.
    (I wonder how many similar threads we've had about his "behaviors" in the past?)

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Hopefully, this will be the final straw that breaks the camel's back and forces DC to remove him the position of power he's had for far too long, but has clearly abused. The shame of it all is it sounds like he has been a genuinely good editor. It's a shame he didn't have the self-control to not be a creep and DC's higher-ups allowed him to stay for as long as they have.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

And given the current client, DC really can no longer downplay it.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    It shouldn't have gotten to this point.

DC has to WONDER how many folks refused to do anything for this company based on his actions. And not just limited to folks they asked to pitch but folks who bypassed chances to work for DC be it internships or workshops or whatever.

What if he's the reason why you never saw a Vixen ongoing because whoever got hired would have to work with him?

What if he's the reason Stranger Things is not airing on CW because the creators don't like the fact someone like him was working for DC.

In fact Warner Brothers has to wonder that too. Because you don't know who talks to who and it's never limited to comics.

You just had to deal with this on Cartoon Network with Clarence and it cost you a hit show. Now we have it at comics.

I think his fate depends on who complained about him and who refused to work with DC because of him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Downplay it? They dealt with it when it happened, this is public knowledge. Private companies don't go talking about this stuff and I am sure employment laws protect this sort of stuff from being made public or influenced by the public for good reason. The company has procedures for dealing with it, they dealt with it, and there has been no more new cases. DC probably couldn't fire him even if they were too worried about backlash because they do not have cause. If a new case arises, have at it, but until then the guy paid the price that society has asked no matter what the current outrage is.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Can we combine this thread with the one in the Superman section?We really don't need two different places for people to rant and rave about Berganza again.
    (I wonder how many similar threads we've had about his "behaviors" in the past?)
    I'd disagree with you. I feel like discussion about this behavior and the tolerance thereof should be widespread as possible. Not saying it should show up on boards for, say Marvel or Image, but Superman and DC boards seem perfectly acceptable. It's not like anybody's being forced to read the threads.