Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Infinite vs. Jiren the Grey, with a twist.

Infinite of Sonic Forces infamy, takes on Jiren the Grey of Universe 11's Pride Trooper Corps, but here is the twist (since we all know that Jiren would absolutely MURDER Infinite in a regular combat scenario):

Infinite tries the full range of his powers on Jiren, but Jiren is not allowed to (initially) retaliate. however, if Infinite's attacks and powers have no effect on Jiren/aren't able to put him down, then he is allowed to do whatever the hell he wants to Infinite.

What happens?

In Sonic Forces, spoilers:
    Infinite is bound with the finalized Phantom Ruby Prototype, which can (among many other things) can induce a virtual reality so potent (in other words, the Phantom Ruby's power affects the brain to that extent) that any injuries that the victim would suffer in the virtual reality would actually manifest itself on the victim's body in the real world.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Ultra_Sonic; 11-10-2017 at 10:57 PM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I know nothing about Infinite, but Jiren managed to, among other things, muscle his way out of Hit's time stop, explode Goku's spirit bomb by essentially glaring at it, and completely overpowered SSB Goku.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I know nothing about Infinite, but Jiren managed to, among other things, muscle his way out of Hit's time stop, explode Goku's spirit bomb by essentially glaring at it, and completely overpowered SSB Goku.
    The thing is; that evolved Time Skip was an external stimuli, so of course Jiren was able to eventually power his way out of it.

I am not sure about Jiren being able to power out of something that is affecting his brain and his (perception of) reality.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

how fast is infinite? i saw the opening where he was side stepping sonic as he was trying to fight him. but this is jiren. the same guy who could blizt pass goku without goku noticing and casually block and attack goku without visibly moving.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    how fast is infinite? i saw the opening where he was side stepping sonic as he was trying to fight him. but this is jiren. the same guy who could blizt pass goku without goku noticing and casually block and attack goku without visibly moving.
    Infinite isn't even physically strong enough to hurt Jiren, let alone do anything esoteric that the guy can't just straight up muscle through.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Infinite isn't even physically strong enough to hurt Jiren, let alone do anything esoteric that the guy can't just straight up muscle through.
    just asking for clarification sake.

Granted.

However, the power of the Phantom Ruby (Infinite's source of power) can affect one's brain (by feeding bogus info to it via taking control of their visual and depth perception creating a new reality for them).

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra_Sonic View Post
    Granted.

However, the power of the Phantom Ruby (Infinite's source of power) can affect one's brain (by feeding bogus info to it via taking control of their visual and depth perception creating a new reality for them).
    how fast does he do it? and can it actually hurt jiren?

Granted.

Something Jiren has flat out ignored. If I remember right, Hit's time manipulation involves altering time. So... Pretty pretty much Infinite has nothing.

He's also much slower than Jiren.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Something Jiren has flat out ignored. If I remember right, Hit's time manipulation involves altering time. So... Pretty pretty much Infinite has nothing.

He's also much slower than Jiren.
    the move hit used on jiren was a cage of pure time, essentially freezing him in time. and jiren just kinda muscled out of it. i say kinda because he didn't totally break out of it but just was able to move while frozen, which is still pretty damn crazy.

the move hit used on jiren was a cage of pure time, essentially freezing him in time. and jiren just kinda muscled out of it. i say kinda because he didn't totally break out of it but just was able to move while frozen, which is still pretty damn crazy.
    Yeaaaah. That's what we call "this is another stomp, stop making these".

Arx Inosaan

Yeaaaah. That's what we call "this is another stomp, stop making these".
    i'm looking through some vids and he's not doing anything very impressive. at least, not impressive enough to warrant him taking on jiren.

how fast does he do it? and can it actually hurt jiren?
    To be honest, it depends on what Infinite is trying to convince Jiren is happening to him in this personal "virtual" reality.

For instance, near the end of Sonic Forces, spoilers:
    Eggman has everyone present s**tting their pants when he convinces everyone present via the power of the Phantom Ruby that he is about to dump a SUN on their heads (you could tell that the "sun" isn't real; but the only reason why they'd be that afraid is that even though the "sun" is fake, they would be just as much in danger as if said sun was actually real), until the Custom Hero 86es this with a Phantom Ruby prototype that Eggman did NOT destroy.
    end of spoilers

To be honest, it depends on what Infinite is trying to convince Jiren is happening to him in this personal "virtual" reality.

For instance, near the end of Sonic Forces, spoilers:
    Eggman has everyone present s**tting their pants when he convinces everyone present via the power of the Phantom Ruby that he is about to dump a SUN on their heads (you could tell that the "sun" isn't real; but the only reason why they'd be that afraid is that even though the "sun" is fake, they would be just as much in danger as if said sun was actually real), until the Custom Hero 86es this with a Phantom Ruby prototype that Eggman did NOT destroy.
    end of spoilers
    so...........you don't really know.

You just know Jiren would punch out the 'Sun' if he tried something like that. It would have to be something more surreal and esoteric.

Good luck finding something to freak this guy out.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.