Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kuurth vs Sentry

Pre death version of Sentry

Hum. I mean on just a very basic level I'm not sure there's anything in any lasting sense either can do to the other.

edit: I presume you mean Kuurth at full power, not Kuurth after Cyttorak created the Colossusnaut.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Hum. I mean on just a very basic level I'm not sure there's anything in any lasting sense either can do to the other.

edit: I presume you mean Kuurth at full power, not Kuurth after Cyttorak created the Colossusnaut.
    Yeah Kuurth when the X men were attacking him in different ways

Then yeah, there's not much either is going to manage to the other up in this piece.

Mighty Member

I know they tried a variety of attacks on him, like setting his blood on fire, but did anyone try to just turn him into a turnip or something?

Considering the variety of stuff Kuurth basically bounced or ignored or instantly countered, I feel like transmutation/that kind of thing working on the dude would be a leap.

Considering the variety of stuff Kuurth basically bounced or ignored or instantly countered, I feel like transmutation/that kind of thing working on the dude would be a leap.
    I figure transmuting his blood to fire, and it ... turning him into a flaming monster thing, probably counts ?

EDIT: Well I guess TECHNICALLY they just lit his blood on fire, but similar kind of thing, maybe ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I figure transmuting his blood to fire, and it ... turning him into a flaming monster thing, probably counts ?

EDIT: Well I guess TECHNICALLY they just lit his blood on fire, but similar kind of thing, maybe ?
    You can't transmute anything into fire. Fire has no atomic structure, it's just energy.

EDIT: Technically, it's a by-product of energy but it still does not have an atomic structure.
    Last edited by Slade1; 11-11-2017 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    You can't transmute anything into fire. Fire has no atomic structure, it's just energy.

EDIT: Technically, it's a by-product of energy but it still does not have an atomic structure.
    Gonna be honest, comic boom writers likely don't know this. A
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Adam X specifically ignited his blood, so very clearly not transmutation, just setting on fire

I mean I'm probably with Pend, almost, cause the Xmen tried what three dozen or so different ways to stop him including every combination of power they could think of and nothing worked, the only but I can raise is was anything they tried really on par with what Sentry had feats for, like breaking a Herald's weapon or some of his more outlandish stuff

Mighty Member

On the other hand, some stuff they tried seem to have the intended immediate effect, like the igniting his blood thing, his blood did ignite, and teleportation IIRC so he wasn't just bouncing it. He had no demonstrated transmutation resistance that I can recall (though I only saw scans, never read the issue). Would he be able to come back from being turned into a cup of pudding? I have no idea either way.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    On the other hand, some stuff they tried seem to have the intended immediate effect, like the igniting his blood thing, his blood did ignite, and teleportation IIRC so he wasn't just bouncing it. He had no demonstrated transmutation resistance that I can recall (though I only saw scans, never read the issue). Would he be able to come back from being turned into a cup of pudding? I have no idea either way.
    I'd assume so, or it wouldn't compromise its durability. Lighting his blood on fire literally just turned him into "an unstoppable monster who now lights everything it touches on fire". The teleportation also worked in the sense that he DID teleport, but ... he was always back before he'd taken a step, IIRC; and they were dumping him in places like the bottom of the ocean, low earth orbit .. the sun.

Arx Inosaan

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I'd assume so, or it wouldn't compromise its durability.
    A super durable cup of pudding wouldn't pose much threat though.
    Lighting his blood on fire literally just turned him into "an unstoppable monster who now lights everything it touches on fire". The teleportation also worked in the sense that he DID teleport, but ... he was always back before he'd taken a step, IIRC; and they were dumping him in places like the bottom of the ocean, low earth orbit .. the sun.
    That's kind of my point. They are able to teleport him, but he can teleport himself back. They can ignite his blood, and it continues burning, but that just doesn't bother him. It's apparent then that he doesn't prevent esoteric attacks from affecting him. The one esoteric that he was able to directly counter was teleportation, but that could be either an enhanced version of his original "unstoppable" power (in that he can't be moved from his unstoppable path) or he could have teleportation powers. Neither of those would affect transmutation. The blood ignition actually worked exactly as intended, he is just so durable that it made no difference (and being an unstoppable flaming Juggernaut just makes things worse). Again, no effect on transmutation. I suppose it just comes down to this: Is he so powerful that we handwave something not working on him with no specific proven resistance, like we assume Flash can't speed steel beings of a certain heft (for that matter, could Flash speed steel Kuurth?)?

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    A super durable cup of pudding wouldn't pose much threat though.
    He says, before food poisoning rears its ugly head.

Arx Inosaan

I've never seen Sentry turn any living being into a pudding. Or rather, never seen him transmute any living being period.

He can rip them apart with his powers, sure, but it was even a specific plot point that while Sentry was more powerful with his powers than Post-Retcon Molecule Man, he lacked the control.