Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Repackage some obscure/lesser known/less popular Marvel chars into a team...

Who would you pick (anywhere between 5-10, unlimited really) doesn't matter if they are MIA, imprisoned, dead, etc (it is a comic book after all), what would their team/squad name be? And what would their purpose/goals be?

Team Name: The Cleaners/Fixers (not very creative I know :P)

Members:
    1. Spellbinder (Erica Fortune) - telekinetic powers/magick/paranormal the team's "Jean Grey or Magneto"
    2. Stinger (Wendy Sherman) - Electric powers/mutant
    3. Allegra - speed/healing factor/mutant
    4. Clash (Clayton Cole) - sonic power/intelligence/crime history
    5. Adam-X (Adam Neramani) - explosive blood power/battle experience/mutant
    6. Hellion (Julian Keller) - telekinetic powers/mutant/battle experience
    7. Werewolf by Night (Jack Russell) - lycanthropy/street smarts/paranormal
    8. Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) - speed/battle experience/street smarts/mechanics/paranormal
    9. Hybrid (Scott Washington) - symbiote power/long reach/battle experience
    10. Sunfire (Shiro Yoshida) - fire elemental/battle experience/mutant
    11. Behemoth - strength/brawn/mutant
    12. Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly) - intelligence/maneuverability/battle experience/spider sense - team leader
    13. Yellow Jacket (Darren Cross) - flight/speed/science
    14. Triton - swimming/speed/battle experience/inhuman

Purpose: Multiple purposes, but because the Avengers and the Fantastic 4 and Spider-man can't always be around the Twelve can jump in during a crises and work to evacuating all citizens from danger, as well as tracking said threat(s) and handling them themselves or until someone higher-in-rank comes along.

As per my choices 1) I know Robbie isn't necessarily obscure 'yet' but with the unfortunate cancellation of his book and the fact that he is once again in the shadow of Johnny Blaze will contribute to him being lesser known...and besides he's a cool character. 2) I know Ben currently has his own book and is more known now because of the events of the Clone Conspiracy, however I felt the team was missing a 'webslinger' and all-around intelligence guy (unless you count Clash or Hellion) I think compared to bigger name books like TASM, Thor, Avengers, GOTG Ben can still be considered lesser known or 'obscure' or at the very least less popular.

EDIT: Added Yellow Jacket & Triton
    Last edited by Spiderfang; 11-09-2017 at 12:12 AM.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Team Name: HEROES FOR HIRE

Team Members:

Iron Fist
    Luke Cage
    She-Hulk
    Black Knight
    Hercules
    Spider-woman
    Ant-Man

Purpose: Heroing and stuff

Team Name: All-Winner's Squad

Members:
    1. Joystick - possesses superhuman strength (sufficient to press roughly ten tons), speed, agility, dexterity, reflexes & reactions, coordination, balance, and endurance roughly equivalent to that of Spider-Man. usually carries energy batons.

2. Black Bull - enhanced strength, stamina, speed, and durability. usually armed to teeth with deadly ordianance (grenade launcher, assault rifle, explosives, etc)

3. Polestar - manipulates magnetic fields for various uses (ex. flying and hurling metal objects)

4. Tremolo - projects destructive sonic waves - his augmentation cost him his eye sight; requiring him to constantly emit sonar to perceive his surroundings

5. Bluestreak - cybernetic enhancement allows him to run at superhuman speeds (wheels are build into the bodysuit)

Purpose: They are Imus Champion's personal security/hit squad; most are former professional athletes who volunteered for some kind of genetic or mechanical augmentation.

Black Knight
    Moon knight
    Ghost Rider
    Spitfire
    Cloak And Dagger

Fight the thing that go bump in the night.

Incredible Member

The Forgotten

the team is comprised of sidekicks from heroes tossed aside from comics have creative team changes, it can also be a support group from the heroes who were abandoned

Nomad- Steve's adopted son
    Falcon- Joaquin from Sam as captain america
    Alpha- spider-man
    Riri- depending on how she is handled post bends

I'm sure there are others I don't remember

Incredible Member

The Super Duper Six

Captain Ultra
    American Eagle (Wyatt Wingfoot)
    She-Thing (Sharon Ventura)
    Maggott
    Texas Twister
    Shooting Star

With earths mightiest heroes offworld fighting a cosmic threat. These heroes unite to fight the menace of Doctor Bong and the Zaniac.

Dr Strange's supporting cast forming the Midnight Squad to deal with occult cases:
    - Topaz
    - Victoria Bentley
    - Morgana Blessing
    - Rintrah
    - Wong
    When they need a heavy hitter, they can call Clea for assistance.

Mighty Member

Now that Disney technically owns Marvel I'd love to see Gamma Jack!

Elementals=

Gamma Jack
    Human Torch
    Iceman
    Hydro Man
    Electro
    Cyclops was right

Niffleheim

Team Name - Graces or The Graces

Lady Sif
    Shuri
    Princess Fen
    Crystal
    Llyra
    Clea
    Zarda

Maybe Gamora can assemble the team and then go back to GOTG

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post

Team Members:

Iron Fist
    Luke Cage
    She-Hulk
    Black Knight
    Hercules
    Spider-woman
    Ant-Man

Basically the Ostrander team... I liked that one.
    She-Hulk and Ant-Man should've been there from the start instead of Hulk, IMHO.
    Only thing I didn't like about the book was the coloring.

Here's mine...

The Enforcers

Doc Samson
    Dominic Fortune
    Nick Fury I
    Paladin
    Silver Sable
    Wonder Man (slight sci-fi pulp revamp based on Woodrow McCord)

-something of a super-hero A-Team.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 11-09-2017 at 12:26 AM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Basically the Ostrander team... I liked that one.
    She-Hulk and Ant-Man should've been there from the start instead of Hulk, IMHO.
    technically, they were there from the start. Jen was working for Oracle as a lawyer. and Ant-Man was hired to monitor the team. it was kind of a non-team, in that way. Hammond might have wanted them to be the Avengers. but, by the time that they were all working as a unit, they got their pink slips. and Hulk was only there as an homage to the original Avengers formation. Hulk never actually joined the H4H, as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Here's mine...

The Enforcers

Doc Samson
    Dominic Fortune
    Nick Fury I
    Paladin
    Silver Sable
    Wonder Man (slight sci-fi pulp revamp based on Woodrow McCord)

-something of a super-hero A-Team.
    sweet. Samson's an odd choice but i'll go with it. I'm always happy to see Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post

Team Members:

Iron Fist
    Luke Cage
    She-Hulk
    Black Knight
    Hercules
    Spider-woman
    Ant-Man

Lesser known?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel/DC Fan View Post
    The Super Duper Six

Captain Ultra
    American Eagle (Wyatt Wingfoot)
    She-Thing (Sharon Ventura)
    Maggott
    Texas Twister
    Shooting Star

With earths mightiest heroes offworld fighting a cosmic threat. These heroes unite to fight the menace of Doctor Bong and the Zaniac.
    Substitute firebird for maggott ( please) and relaunch the rangers!

NEW (and temporary) FRIGHTFUL FOUR

I wanted to introduce the concept of an "evil future foundation." what would that look like? for the purposes of this repackaging, all of the characters are rookies to villainy who were sponsored in some way by the Wizard. maybe he had a college fund, at some point.

1. NEGA-GIRL (Rhona Burchill) - she's the 616 version of the Ultimate Universe Mad Thinker (or the Thinker from the Iron Man Adventures Cartoon, if you prefer). she's as intelligent as she is insane + the moderator of a Wizard Fan Forum. instead of going to Cancun for Spring Break, she proclaimed her supervillainy by venturing into and being empowered by the Negative Zone. she has high level psychokinesis and a hyper-evolved brain.
    http://www.marvel-world.com/contents...ultimate_1.jpg
    ^haven't really thought up a costume, yet. I'm guessing that it'd be jet black and kind of creepy, though; maybe it would include elements of the Wizard's costume & include a short cape.

2. SHELLSHOCK (William Lando Prometheus) - the grandson of Phillip Prometheus; who Micronauts fans might remember as the creator of the Prometheus Pit. he's armed to the teeth with exotic weaponry from subatomica (ex. organic body armor, enlargeable deathworms, psychoman-derived hallucinogens, formic acid grenades, etc.). his eyes are artificial and allow him to operate in near pitch black environments; a "gift" from his short stay in a prison Polarian work camp (for smuggling). his signature weapon is a versatile handgun that can fire various custom ammunition.
    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/shellsho-main.jpg
    ^costume is a more porous armored-looking version of that. he stole a lot of his body armor from the microverse slug men's army surplus.

3. MEGATAK - their first mission is to retrieve the Megatak cyber entity from SHIELD (or Project Pegasus) storage. he's their Ben Grimm and basically a hulking living arcade game end boss; able to co-opt most technology, fire energy blasts, and hang w/ the thing (strength-wise).
    http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20120516234226

4. WATER WIZARD (Finn Dorcas) - Frat president, Swim Team captain, Dean's List honoree, sports car driver, and nephew of Atlantis-obsessed mad scientist Lemuel Dorcas. always looking for an edge, Finn agreed to be the guinea pig of his uncle's experiments. the results were superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability, and limited hydro-kinesis (the limited ability to physically manipulate water).
    http://www.writeups.org/wp-content/u...host-Rider.jpg
    ^imagine a bulkier douchier overly-hair-gel'd version of that

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Lesser known?!?
    I can swap her out for Tigra, if you like.