Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member

Writer: Karl Kesel
    Artist: Tom Grummett

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Writer: Karl Kesel
    Artist: Tom Grummett
    ^^^excellent choice(s). That’d be super fun to see.

For me, Jeff Lemire and Dean Ormston;
    i’d love to see this team Black Hammer the hell out of the FF mythos. They’d have so much to play with.

BANNED

Chip Zdarsky with Mattia De Iulis.

Chip proved his FF capabilities with Marvel Two-In-One. I loved his characterisation of Ben & Johnny. I think he'd be a great fit for the FF ongoing, and steer them in the right direction. Unfortunately the return of the FF in their current run has been unsuccessful, at least from my read, so I'd love to see Chip tackle it, especially in the current Marvel climate with so many huge concepts in play.

Mattia De Iulis has some of the most stunning work. His art in Jessica Jones, Invisible Woman, Incoming and the upcoming Road to Empyre is absolutely stellar. I'd love to see him draw the FF and their wider supporting cast

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m probably in the minority, but I’m enjoying Slott’s run. I’d probably add Gage, or Zub as permanent co-writer. Slott’s team books usually works better with a co-writer. For the art team, I’d love to see a rotating art team of Jacinto and Larraz.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m probably in the minority, but I’m enjoying Slott’s run. I’d probably add Gage, or Zub as permanent co-writer. Slott’s team books usually works better with a co-writer. For the art team, I’d love to see a rotating art team of Jacinto and Larraz.
    My opinion of the current run is fairly neutral, there's nothing specific that's wrong, but also nothing specific that's right

Imo it's just a bit ordinary

they aren't worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m probably in the minority, but I’m enjoying Slott’s run.
    I’m enjoying it, too.
    The problem w. The FF isn’t the creative teams imo, it’s the readers.

Christopher Priest and Olivier Coipel. Have Sara Pichelli as an alternate artist.

I will sign off on Zdarsky FF if this time he remembers to actually plot the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I’m enjoying it, too.
    The problem w. The FF isn’t the creative teams imo, it’s the readers.
    Lemme take this one.

I think I see your point. FF fans will go over details and argue about minutiae that most people wouldn't give a flying fornication about. And some of the topics get petty. When you examine some of the super-FF (can I use that adjective here?) posters, you see a group of folks who love the concept and the characters. We tend to be a lot friendlier to each other than other groups and can actually respect each other opinions even if we can't understand what God-forsaken event occurred in their lives to allow them to like THAT shade of blue for a costume. But I digress.

This is an old thread, recently revived. It was created before Dan Slott was announced and is not a statement against him. Granted, some staunch FF fans are not in Slott's corner here. Many of his still follow the book because we like it, not because we're hooked completionists.

Besides, I got tenure. I can't be fired.

lol, well put!

TBC though, I meant readers who don’t find the FF exciting, or relevant.
    It’s been a looong time since the FF were Marvel’s flagship title. They do however, play host Marvel’s smartest man, most powerful mutant, greatest villain, and Sue is hot; they’ll always feature in other storylines and events, but as a whole, a lot of readers don’t want to spend time w. them.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 01-17-2020 at 11:34 AM.