Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Buzzfeed publishes article on Berganza`s list of sexual harassements

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jtes/dc-com...KY#.sg9j5OPXm8

Yesterday, a compheensive article listing longstanding sexual accusations against famous editor Eddie Berganza has been published by Buzzfead.

It`s no small article (sadly) but these days is sure worth some time and attention, not to mention consideration, over a matter that is very much in argument with society of today. Surely, these days, this sort of unprofessional behaviour that excludes talent from working in the field shouldn`t still be an issue but it seemingly remains so. Berganza has walked in the door in the 90`s and has been a staple in editorialship maping for decades, most notably the Superman section of books, at DC ammounting a sizable concern over boundaries and respect in the office that as far as I know, doesn`t look to have ever been accountable for in any meaningful way.

Obviously he`s not the only one but he stiks out like a sore thumb as an example that we all require to work on and not simply promote and award.

Read on make your mind.

Berganza needs to get kicked out, so does Harras.

DC's statement on this was super weak and disappointing. Berganza probably has some juice on the big heads of DC.

Disgusting. The unnamed guy in his corner at DC blaming the women for a “witch-hunt” and clearly more invested in everyone but the victimd should be revealed.

Does somebody not read other threads posted here?

Did somebody miss the thread "BuzzFeed runs story on Eddie Berganza" started yesterday afternoon? (Last post there was less than five hours before this thread was created, so I doubt it had dropped completely off the page.)

Not to mention the thread in the Superman section, "Eddie Berganza's history of sexual harassment detailed"

And as I've said before, THIS IS OLD STUFF when it comes to people publically making these charges against Berganza. DC already had a chance to fire him years ago for this, but chose to handle the situation in a different way. Unless more recent incidents are reported and verified as occurring after DC already took action, there may not be any further change when it comes to Berganza's employment by DC.

With the current climate happening right now...never say never.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    With the current climate happening right now...never say never.
    What's that suppose to mean?

You think DC would fire Berganza at this late date because of the "political climate"?

They already had the opportunity several years ago but didn't pull the trigger then. They might be facing legal action from Berganza if they fire him NOW without having new reasons to do so. (And, offhand, I'm not aware of anybody mentioning behavior issues that occurred after DC already took action against Berganza.)

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

I live under a rock called college, but this is the first I am hearing of this. It's repulsive. We women cannot work under such conditions. No wonder none of the people interviewed are still at DC.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

You think DC would fire Berganza at this late date because of the "political climate"?

They already had the opportunity several years ago but didn't pull the trigger then. They might be facing legal action from Berganza if they fire him NOW without having new reasons to do so. (And, offhand, I'm not aware of anybody mentioning behavior issues that occurred after DC already took action against Berganza.)
    People are only attracted to buzzwords, nowadays. They take everything at face value and don't bother to look deeper into anything. This is why the blog posters at "Buzz"feed can dig up old bones and present it like it's something new.

Ultimate Member

Well here is your choice if you are DC.

Toss him and be willing to write him a check if all this is not true and pay those court fees.

Or look big picture. Isn't there a DC movie coming out next week? Would you REALLY want it overshadowed by this? Do you REALLY want folks to show you how upset they are at all this and go see Thor or stay at home instead of seeing JLA? So DC can face lower than expected box office. Not to mention a movie opens the Friday that starts Thanksgiving Break for many school kids and they will have plenty of free time to read this story and not see that film.

And the last thing Dc would want is a boycott of that film-especially lead by groups looking for attention.

It might be best for DC to write him a check and leave for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well here is your choice if you are DC.

Toss him and be willing to write him a check if all this is not true and pay those court fees.

Or look big picture. Isn't there a DC movie coming out next week? Would you REALLY want it overshadowed by this? Do you REALLY want folks to show you how upset they are at all this and go see Thor or stay at home instead of seeing JLA? So DC can face lower than expected box office. Not to mention a movie opens the Friday that starts Thanksgiving Break for many school kids and they will have plenty of free time to read this story and not see that film.

And the last thing Dc would want is a boycott of that film-especially lead by groups looking for attention.

It might be best for DC to write him a check and leave for awhile.
    Might also be worse for DC if they dont. You forgot that The Punisher is out on Netflix that day too. So people who boycott JL over Berganza can quite easily support Marvel who are providing competition in the form of Thor and Punisher. Berganza's firing is the best thing they could do for the company right now, regardless of the problems it creates later on for them

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Might also be worse for DC if they dont. You forgot that The Punisher is out on Netflix that day too. So people who boycott JL over Berganza can quite easily support Marvel who are providing competition in the form of Thor and Punisher. Berganza's firing is the best thing they could do for the company right now, regardless of the problems it creates later on for them
    Eddie is not fired, he is suspended.

Same with Andrew Kreisberg, he is suspended from the Berlantiverse shows but he hasn't been fired either.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Eddie is not fired, he is suspended.

Same with Andrew Kreisberg, he is suspended from the Berlantiverse shows but he hasn't been fired either.
    Didn't say that he was fired. I'm just saying that if they DO fire him, it could be what's best for the company.

20 years too late
    Please Remain Calm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    20 years too late
    Guy had too much dirt on others. Only reason why DC stuck with him for so long. At least that's why I hope DC never fired him in the first place.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Well, turns out DC HAVE fired Berganza due to 'political climate'.
    Although nothing has been brought to light in recent years it would seem the current environment has finally forced DC to make a belated move.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.