Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Well, turns out DC HAVE fired Berganza due to 'political climate'.
    Although nothing has been brought to light in recent years it would seem the current environment has finally forced DC to make a belated move.
    But as far as I'm aware, there's much about this we haven't heard yet as to whether DC acted to save their own assets or if they had new ammo to force him out.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But as far as I'm aware, there's much about this we haven't heard yet as to whether DC acted to save their own assets or if they had new ammo to force him out.
    I'm not particularly interested in the details of "how" all this came about and, in fact, I wouldn't be bothered by it if those details never came to light. What is important to me is that DC finally had the balls to fire the guy regardless of how or why it came about. They should have done so back when those incidents occurred IMHO but then again I take a very dim view of sexual harassers since my cousin was raped by one years ago.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'm not particularly interested in the details of "how" all this came about and, in fact, I wouldn't be bothered by it if those details never came to light. What is important to me is that DC finally had the balls to fire the guy regardless of how or why it came about. They should have done so back when those incidents occurred IMHO but then again I take a very dim view of sexual harassers since my cousin was raped by one years ago.
    So, you wouldn't care if it turns out DC gave Eddie a boatload of money if he agreed to leave and not say anything publicly further on the matter?
    (Would all the females who have been fighting for the past few years to have him fired outright be happy with that?)

Astonishing Member

Turned out to no surprise there was more than the 5 recorded by HR:
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...berganza-made/

I don't think there is much grounds for him to get back at DC. They could just argue learning of these other incidents (regardless of when they happened) they had to fire him and null/voided whatever steps Harras took to keep him.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 11-14-2017 at 09:27 AM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So, you wouldn't care if it turns out DC gave Eddie a boatload of money if he agreed to leave and not say anything publicly further on the matter?
    (Would all the females who have been fighting for the past few years to have him fired outright be happy with that?)
    No, I wouldn't be happy with that but personally that's none of my business nor anyone else's for the matter. That is between him and DC IMHO. All I need to "know" is that they finally fired the guy. I don't really care about every last detail about how they did so. If other people care about it that's fine but personally I've no interest in that.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 11-14-2017 at 09:28 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Turned out to no surprise there was more than the 5 recorded by HR:
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...berganza-made/

I don't think there is much grounds for him to get back at DC. They could just argue learning of these other incidents (regardless of when they happened) they had to fire him.
    You make it sound so simple.
    But, we don't know whether or not DC "just learned" about all of the past incidents now surfacing in the media or if they previously had been made aware of them to some degree or another.
    And if DC had previously been even possibly aware of these other occurrences, they can't necessarily argue DC was "just learning" of them.
    (And it also depends on what DC and Berganza had previously agreed to / how any agreements were worded when DC previously "handled" his past actions several years back.)