View Poll Results: Should Polaris get a more prominent role?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! She should join Jean in X-men Blue

30 23.81%
  • Yes! She should headline an Uncanny X-men relaunch

29 23.02%
  • Sure, but Id prefer her on a rebooted X-Factor

37 29.37%
  • Sure, but I have another idea for her (write in thread)

8 6.35%
  • They should make her a villian.

7 5.56%
  • No, the character has never appealed to me

15 11.90%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    BANNED

I'll lament the O5 leaving but lorna deserves that place, specially after such season finale in the gifted. Congrats lorna fans

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Wow this thread got answered it seems

Just hope that her role in BLUE is solid...i'm so nervous with all this new casual attention to it lol Bunn might end up letting these people down if Malice or something occurs... we'll see
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

She should be in X-Men Red with Jean Grey.

Ultimate Member

I just don't see these books lasting, not because the characters don't deserve their positions but just that so far the rosters and everything seem to just be holding down the fort until the next big event happens and then everything changes again...

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Wow this thread got answered it seems

Just hope that her role in BLUE is solid...i'm so nervous with all this new casual attention to it lol Bunn might end up letting these people down if Malice or something occurs... we'll see
    Up to over 15K likes for her promotion of the issue in 4 hours and climbing fast. Unique to have a successful actor who is so invested in her comic characters success and willing to push her sizable non-comic book buying fan base to get into her comics.

Emma Dumont: AHHHH! Polaris is once again leading a group of badass mutants. Everyone go check out X-Men Blue #25. She looks a lot more like me than she used to. Hehehe

I also noticed its a 4:99 over sized issue. Hopefully there are more variants then the Venom anniversary one as this issue might have a sizable number of new readers. And, yes hopefully the issue is firing on all cylinders for the new fans to the x-books as yah I could picture their reaction to something like that.

She should be in X-Men Red with Jean Grey.
    Jean and Lorna should be different enough in central focus and ideas on protecting mutants that the two can bump heads philosophically speaking. They both were well aware of that before Jean died their worldviews were significantly diverged, but they were still the oldest and closest of friends.

The characters do parallel each other in all sorts of ways, but have a massive point of divergence. Jean is many things, but she is at the end of the day a disciple of Xavier or the man he wanted to be. Lorna was the disciple of well Xavier's best friend. It didn't matter when they weren't mutant leaders, but now they are.

I am a fan of Lorna and Jean and their relationship and there is drama to be mined from the relationship.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-23-2018 at 09:37 PM.

Jean as Xavier and Lorna as Magneto definitely would make for good pillars in the X-line going forward. I hope their teams get to clash in the future. I definitely do not expect this any time soon but I would love it if Lorna is that friend turned foe, teased in X-men Red's solicits. They can still be friends while having opposing views

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean as Xavier and Lorna as Magneto definitely would make for good pillars in the X-line going forward. I hope their teams get to clash in the future. I definitely do not expect this any time soon but I would love it if Lorna is that friend turned foe, teased in X-men Red's solicits. They can still be friends while having opposing views
    Agreed, best friends turned ideological rivals is something that is the x-books bread and butter. It can be done and feel very new again coming from two different voices with different vantage points, but who also have very close ties to the original pillars.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-23-2018 at 11:14 PM.

Incredible Member

Well I hope she doesn't go bad. Really don't want Lorna to be controlled yet again by some other influence...and with 2 mentalists and that blasted choker surrounding blue, it could be a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    With the full support of the TV actress playing her and her nearly 200K followers on various social media platforms.

Twitter

Instagram

Its an oddity to have a live motion actress this enthused with her comics character Emma Dumont even as I said in the Polaris thread liked and commented on my post that The Gifted Lorna is one of the closer adaptions to a comic character that has been done to date.

Having an actress of a live motion show as a comic book promoter who really cares about the source material and that her character and the source material follow each other is pretty unique.
    She seems as adorable as she is talented and lovely.

Spectacular Member

Yes, that actress from Gifted has made me a big fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Really don't want Lorna to be controlled yet again by some other influence...and with 2 mentalists and that blasted choker surrounding blue, it could be a possibility.
    I do think there is a good shot of her being controlled in the coming arc at least the first part of it on the basis of the solicits for Blue 23 and 24 which make direct mention of Malice possessing her. As long as the arc ends swiftly and its actually Lorna leading the team its not that big an issue.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-24-2018 at 11:29 AM.

BANNED

The comicbook character Polaris is not to be controlled yet again by some other influence but instead put into a situation that has her require saving another life-form through the best of her ability.

BANNED

“Strange” crosses paths with Polaris and Forge from X-Factor,
    en-route back to Washington after a conference on human/mutant affairs.
    They are in the midst of arguing about the role of mutants in society.
    Forge thinks it crucial that mutant-kind band together in a unified front to ensure their security.
    Polaris, however, believes that different views ought to be expressed,
    and debate encouraged among mutants about what role they should play in the world.

“Strange” is drawn to Polaris as he senses that due to her status as a mutant she is an “outcast” much like him.

BANNED

He wants to merge with her, making them both, in his mind, complete.
    While they are fighting, Polaris slowly begins to comprehend that “Strange” is a being who wants to be accepted & understood.

BANNED

Forge, however, perceives “Strange” as a threat, and attempts to destroy him.
    Polaris’ first instinct is to chastise her teammate for rash action.
    But when “Strange” abruptly reforms, she reacts with fear.

A disenchanted “Strange” flies off, telling Polaris to “remember your hypocrisy.”
    And perhaps she comprehends for the first time the perspective of ordinary
    humans who fear and attack those that are different from themselves.