View Poll Results: Should Polaris get a more prominent role?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! She should join Jean in X-men Blue

30 23.81%
  • Yes! She should headline an Uncanny X-men relaunch

29 23.02%
  • Sure, but Id prefer her on a rebooted X-Factor

37 29.37%
  • Sure, but I have another idea for her (write in thread)

8 6.35%
  • They should make her a villian.

7 5.56%
  • No, the character has never appealed to me

15 11.90%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Id like to see more of Lorna in any X-Book. She could he the head of a new X-Factor or even the team lead in Uncanny X-Men. I would really like to see her and Magneto on the same team and truly working together in battle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don't care what's the name of the book, but she needs to lead the reconstruction of Genosha. I want Utopia done better, a book about a nation focused on human-mutant unity and what that would mean to the rest of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Magneto blew it to pieces. It’d require more than just raising it up.

I like the idea of a mutant nation, but they’d have to do it somewhere new.
    THIS! Reestablishing a Mutant city state, a "homeland", has been my long-held dream for the character. Always struck me as a de facto no-brainer, pretty much, TBH. Just seemed logical, a perfect fit, & like it was meant to be. I even developed a rough story outline revolving around her & it, which I plan on dragging out & re-posting here eventually, in the very near future. A (major) plot point would have to change or be altered now, for reasons I don't wanna get into yet, but I still believe in the overall concept.

HOWEVER, I do somewhat agree with...

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    He didn’t sink it. He literally blew it up.

I honestly think it’d be more interesting if they just colonized the Savage Land. I loved the story of Genosha but with its toxic past, might just be better to start fresh somewhere else.
    ... so it's completely her own, and not weighed down by some of the big G's previous history, or rather... tainted baggage. Something totally new would probably work better, for a a lot of reasons. Not too keen on it being the Savage Land tho, I don't think, as I have some of the same issues with it.

Ultimate Member

Could her time now in Blue be considered a push, yeah not a big one but...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Could her time now in Blue be considered a push, yeah not a big one but...
    No. Blue hasn't done anything to up her profile

Ultimate Member

Well she's not mostly in limbo or used like a throwaway villain like Alex has been lately...then again not sure if any of the other writers wanted Lorna on their books so...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well she's not mostly in limbo or used like a throwaway villain like Alex has been lately...then again not sure if any of the other writers wanted Lorna on their books so...
    It’s very much a supporting role. She’s not one of the books leads. I like what little is done with her but it most definitely has not made her more prominent in the books. She’s not really important to the title and remove her and not much changes.

Ultimate Member

You remove Lorna and nothing changes about Blue, which is why imho she'd be better served in another book, and not where Alex is as he's not in a book and doesn't seem to be about to be in one either...

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Yes i would love for Lorna to lead a X-men team and be a integral part of the franchise. I think Lorna has untapped star potential. I would like Lorna to first re-establish a form of the mutant underground. A network for people to get help in situations regarding mutant affairs, and then move on to be the leader of a new X-Factor team with a mission statement that allows her to interact with the greater Marvel U.

BANNED

Apparently Blue is changing...the cast..the goals..something.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Apparently Blue is changing...the cast..the goals..something.
    We get to see Lorna teaching or screwing with Angel and Jimmy's minds next issue. Whatever she is doing she looks like she is having fun at least. Nobody ever said teaching brings much respect, but as someone who did it you can have fun at times.

What the future brings with Blue is anyone’s guess, but yes it looks like things are changing up by the end of the year into early next year.

How and what the change means for Lorna I don’t know, but here is to hoping it leads to good things.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-16-2017 at 09:52 PM.

It looks like Polaris is getting some Big moments. Can't wait. I hope it is really big haha.

http://cullenbunn.tumblr.com/post/16...let-her-go-for

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    It looks like Polaris is getting some Big moments. Can't wait. I hope it is really big haha.

http://cullenbunn.tumblr.com/post/16...let-her-go-for
    It got better from there:

http://cullenbunn.tumblr.com/post/16...emma-theyre-so
    Thank you for writing Lorna and Emma. They're so amazing under your pen. Are we gonna see more from them by you?

So much more. Polaris fans will be thrilled. Emma fans… well… they’ll have to hang in there, but I think They’ll be happy, too.
    http://cullenbunn.tumblr.com/post/16...an-x-men-green
    Any hope for an X-men Green?

Is that a Polaris-led team?
    http://cullenbunn.tumblr.com/post/16...tic-i-read-all
    I love your books. They are fantastic. I read all of your books and so far they're my favorite from my collection. X-M Blue #15 was fantastic. One question. Are we going to see Magneto's daughter leading her own team beside teaching? Thank you in advance for your attention.

That’s a great, great question… that I will not answer! But stay tuned!
    ThanX for the link!

Fantastic Member

I'm guessing Polaris will be main member on the new X-Men Blue lineup.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki View Post
    I'm guessing Polaris will be main member on the new X-Men Blue lineup.
    Out with the O5 in with Polaris dealing with the Mothervine shenanigans and X-Men Blue's "unfinished business" premise?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

This is great news..I knew it. I knew he was get around to making her a focus. It just took a little time. I never thought Lorna would the top resurgence of 2017 but it feels like it. The show and if Bunn starts to give her some spotlights..that's even better.