View Poll Results: Should Polaris get a more prominent role?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! She should join Jean in X-men Blue

30 23.81%
  • Yes! She should headline an Uncanny X-men relaunch

29 23.02%
  • Sure, but Id prefer her on a rebooted X-Factor

37 29.37%
  • Sure, but I have another idea for her (write in thread)

8 6.35%
  • They should make her a villian.

7 5.56%
  • No, the character has never appealed to me

15 11.90%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

If Polaris becomes the protagonist of Blue instead of these O5 kids I'll be very happy!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki View Post
    I'm guessing Polaris will be main member on the new X-Men Blue lineup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Out with the O5 in with Polaris dealing with the Mothervine shenanigans and X-Men Blue's "unfinished business" premise?
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    This is great news..I knew it. I knew he was get around to making her a focus. It just took a little time. I never thought Lorna would the top resurgence of 2017 but it feels like it. The show and if Bunn starts to give her some spotlights..that's even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    If Polaris becomes the protagonist of Blue instead of these O5 kids I'll be very happy!!
    It is promising & does sound WONDERFUL! Also got me to thinkin', WHAT if... Polaris is responsible for, or at least has a hand in, bringing the 05's story to an end:

... as was the plan all along?

I'm pretty sure that would greatly endear her to many a fan.

Also, wonder if adult Jean's return will play a part? Like maybe they (Mags, Lorna, Danger, Briar) somehow discovered & have known 'bout her eXistence (bein' ALIVE!) all this time, and that's been part of their motivation, for everything they've done since Blue begun... or even before, during the most recent Uncanny?! Polaris has been M.I.A. since post-Secret Wars, 'til just recently. And she's already admitted to have been secretly monitoring the 05, for an undetermined while.

I don't think the editors are that invested on Polaris and Danger to make them such important pieces of the return of old Jean. Even because, Rosenberg told that he presented the pitch to bring Jean back. I don't think his "crazy idea" (like was told) involves these characters from X-men Blue.

For the young X-men going back for any reason they have, maybe... But what bugs me is that we know that they come back from this travel through time, since the next arc, involving Venom, has these characters. And Bunn told that only after this arc, the team will change a lot. I can't think of a good idea for them to come back to the present just to vanish in a Venom crossover.

BANNED

Re. adult Jean, I figured their involvement would only be peripherally related. A tangential tie-in, if you will.

On the latter, makes it sound like the 05 might still be around then. Just in a different fashion, and maybe or maybe not, still part of Blue afterward.

Hopefully, we learn something more about all this, get some more tidbits via announcements, interviews, previews, & social media... SOON! So we can speculate with a lil' more accuracy.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Very curious/excited/nervous for the big moments upcoming for Polaris! I'm happy to see that Bunn is going to be doing more then what he has been doing with Lorna in the past issues of Blue.

BANNED

Found this, @ BleedingCool.com, X-Men Blue’s Roster To Get Uncannily Refreshed After Poison X Crossover:
    ... “This story is titled ‘Poison-X,’ and it crosses over issues of X-Men Blue and Venom,” explained Bunn. “I’m not sure how much I can give away… It involves alien symbiotes. It involves the Starjammers. It takes the X-Men to the far reaches of space and pits them against a terrible and unexpected foe. This adventure changes the X-Men — some more than others. And — hey! — it’s exciting for me to write a few more issues of Venom!”

“Because of things that happen in the space adventure, you’re going to see a completely new team of X-Men take shape,” he continued. “That team will be dealing with some major story threads, including the revelation of Mothervine, the strange secondary mutations that are popping up with some long-standing mutant characters.” ...

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    It is promising & does sound WONDERFUL! Also got me to thinkin', WHAT if... Polaris is responsible for, or at least has a hand in, bringing the 05's story to an end:

... as was the plan all along?

I'm pretty sure that would greatly endear her to many a fan.

Also, wonder if adult Jean's return will play a part? Like maybe they (Mags, Lorna, Danger, Briar) somehow discovered & have known 'bout her eXistence (bein' ALIVE!) all this time, and that's been part of their motivation, for everything they've done since Blue begun... or even before, during the most recent Uncanny?! Polaris has been M.I.A. since post-Secret Wars, 'til just recently. And she's already admitted to have been secretly monitoring the 05, for an undetermined while.
    I remember when I thought that portal could have been teasing a teen Lorna getting pulled into the present by accident. But, I now chalk that up in the same vein as how X-Men Blue #9 had green text bubbles for Jean's narrative. Just a random color choice with no real bearing on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I don't think the editors are that invested on Polaris and Danger to make them such important pieces of the return of old Jean. Even because, Rosenberg told that he presented the pitch to bring Jean back. I don't think his "crazy idea" (like was told) involves these characters from X-men Blue.

For the young X-men going back for any reason they have, maybe... But what bugs me is that we know that they come back from this travel through time, since the next arc, involving Venom, has these characters. And Bunn told that only after this arc, the team will change a lot. I can't think of a good idea for them to come back to the present just to vanish in a Venom crossover.
    Pretty much this. Since Claremont, Marvel's had a strong history of selling Lorna short. Hell, it took over 40 years for her origin story to be told. A delay like that doesn't happen to characters Marvel acknowledges as having value. Marvel also had no problem at all with throwing Lorna into limbo for two years before bringing her back this year. Specific to Jean, Marvel never had Lorna actually interact with teen Jean at any point previously, and it still hasn't really happened. Maybe it will. But that it hasn't yet says a lot in itself.

Pretty much, I won't believe Marvel is going to do anything for Lorna until I see them actually do it.

As for Bunn's Tumblr responses, they sound good. The important part is that things continue in the positive direction set by Blue #15 in terms of her treatment. I'll have more trust in the claim that we'll see big Polaris moments - rather than big Havok or Magneto moments with Lorna used to tell them - if future issues do well by her like #15 did. His response that we'll see Lorna teaching members of the team is a positive sign for what comes next.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    ... His response that we'll see Lorna teaching members of the team is a positive sign for what comes next.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    So say she does end up leading a new incarnation of the Blue--or some ;D--team, who do you think and/or would you like, to be on it with her?

I mean, maybe she's already lookin', with the way she ummmm... propositioned Longshot, lol, in this past week's ish. For team members, that is, to recruit. Contemplating any side benefits, should be secondary at most, I suppose. ;P

Wonder if she has this thing for berating blond-haired, blue-eyed guys now, like some form of transference? Not like ya could blame her.

Ultimate Member

Or maybe you're seeing in those panels what you want to see, and for those two teen Warren is probably first on the chopping block to leave the team for Bunn along with teen Bobby and maybe Beast unless he keeps him and keeps up the whole magic storyline, who knows maybe add Magik to the team, though I still have a problem with Lorna only leading a team because she's Magneto's daughter, though if Lorna would really get a push it'd have to be away from Magneto so he's not always overshadowing her in everything that she does...and Jimmy is more interested in teen Jean anyway...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Haven't voted yet, as I can't decide, and am wavering between at least 2 of the options. ...
    So my original, knee-jerk reaction & inclination, was to go more with "I have another idea for her", which I gotta & am still going to post yet. But I was reluctant & hesitated, not sure if that was the right way to go or not, at this time. I'd want to give every advantage there could be, to insure her success, by way of the book being a hit.

So I started considering which choice could provide her that best, and upon further deliberation, started leaning more towards another of them strongly. And after reading this from:

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    ... Personally she should be placed on a team book. ...
    ... as well as comments & suggestions from others, my mind was made up, and I agree. She needs more build-up & to be established further, in the highest profile platform possible, before headlining riskier fare already saddled with--and hindered by--innate, lower chances of survival.

That is why, ultimately, I decided to go with fronting a... "Uncanny X-Men relaunch!" Tho creative team, concept, & other characters, would all still be key, natch. The Uncanny name's brand & rep alone, just wouldn't do, this would have to be one for the history AND the record books!!

BANNED

Oh & BTW, Havok83's Blue instead of Red boo-boo, in option #1... Freudian slip, or self-fulfilling prophecy?

Astonishing Member

Do Polaris fans want Polaris to be with Havok again at some time in the future?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I'm gonna venture a guess & say most Polaris fans, would say no, with good reason. And as of right now, I would agree with them. But I'm not diametrically opposed to this, if done right, with a new, far more innovative approach.

Ultimate Member

I would say that most Polaris fans that post in this thread would say no, though many of his "crimes" against Lorna are not his fault or open to interpretation...as many of the posters in this thread HATE Alex and blame him for everything bad that's ever happened to Lorna, that the Marvel editors and writers had nothing to do with it until now...yes I want them back together but understand that it'd be sometime mid to late next year at the earliest, as both have plenty to work through first, though I don't think that they split on bad terms, I just hope that Bunn doesn't do something to push them further apart...

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    No. Im all for progression with Lorna, not regression