Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    I think they will try to make all of theses shows hit 10 seasons. CW seems happy with them and the actors involved seem to love being part of the shared universe. Cool thing is that as long as they don't decide to end a series by killing off the main character, they can always show up in other shows after their individual series end.
    I'd guess "As long as the actors are on board."

How committed they are seems like it could decide some of that for the network.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I'd guess "As long as the actors are on board."

How committed they are seems like it could decide some of that for the network.
    There's already been several departures from the shows. LEGENDS seems designed to survive changes to the line-up and still continue--it helps keep the show interesting. But ARROW and SUPERGIRL have not benefitted from the loss of actors and have become the worse for it. As long as FLASH, SUPERGIRL and ARROW have their star, I guess they can keep going. On that front I think Melissa Benoist is the most likely to exit to pursue other opportunities in Hollywood and on Broadway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    There's already been several departures from the shows. LEGENDS seems designed to survive changes to the line-up and still continue--it helps keep the show interesting. But ARROW and SUPERGIRL have not benefitted from the loss of actors and have become the worse for it. As long as FLASH, SUPERGIRL and ARROW have their star, I guess they can keep going. On that front I think Melissa Benoist is the most likely to exit to pursue other opportunities in Hollywood and on Broadway.
    It does seem like Melissa Benoist is the only one getting meaningful work outside of Supergirl. I don't think Stephen Amell doing professional wrestling counts as meaningful work and I haven't heard of Grant Gustin doing
    anything outside of The Flash. I think Supergirl will probably get five seasons and then wrap up. Or maybe just continue the show without her. Call it DEO. Sort of like how when Kyra Sedgwick didn't want to do
    The Closer anymore so they kept all the other actors and changed it to Major Crimes. I think a show with an agency tasked with investigating extra-ordinary phenomena could work. It could sort of be like X-Files.