Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default What if superman had been in the roman empire?

I ask about this because this picture TWScelticsupergirl.jpg which i got here https://stevenhoward.deviantart.com/...CSBG-280319630 it got me thinking this would make neat elseworld story what are everyone elses thoughts on the matter i mean we've had medieval superman a soviet superman and even a nazi superman How about a roman superman
    Last edited by Jovos2099; 11-11-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Fantastic Member

I meant to type what if superman had been raised in the roman empire as a roman citizen.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Kal-El would most likely join the Roman army once he's of age, and is deemed a son of Apollo.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    I ask about this because this picture TWScelticsupergirl.jpg which i got here https://stevenhoward.deviantart.com/...CSBG-280319630 it got me thinking this would make neat elseworld story what are everyone elses thoughts on the matter i mean we've had medieval superman a soviet superman and even a nazi superman How about a roman superman
    depends, which roman empire? the expansionis republic? the monarchy of caesars? the sacred romanic and germanic? the oriental rome?

Fantastic Member

The original back when the empire was at its height the monarchy of Caesar i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    The original back when the empire was at its height the monarchy of Caesar i think.
    if that then he could very well be a general whose role is defending the cult of the emperor, that is if he does no get either the title of son of helios or son of mithras, maybe his name would be claudius

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That's basically the angle of the Alpha Centurion character from the 90s.

Hercules was sort of the Roman version of Superman. And Hercules was considered a god. I wonder how they would have viewed Superman. Was he what the mythology
    of Hercules was based on. Was he Hercules incarnate?

BANNED

I think Roman Superman would been more or less the same as regular Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I think Roman Superman would been more or less the same as regular Superman.
    dunno, roman kinda believed in advance through conquer, so he could very well consolidate the empire through making the world into rome

I always thought it would be cool to have a miniseries with Superman landing in different places and eras.

A Roman superman would be pretty cool to see, or a British Superman at the night of the British empire. To be honest any cool period or place would be awesome to see!

Could be interesting.

One thing I'd note is that since Superman is so out there in the sci-fi/fantasy spectrum, writers pretty much have to even the playing field by super-accelerating human technology, or introducing similarly fantastic creatures and environments. We'd see some similar fantasy/tech creep into the Roman empire times.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agniwolf View Post
    dunno, roman kinda believed in advance through conquer, so he could very well consolidate the empire through making the world into rome
    Not that different from USAans.

Fantastic Member

Has anyone here ever read justice league shogun of steel in the story supermans ship goes lands in feudal japan and the real fun thing is there are characters who counterparts to many of the core justice league members perhaps there is not just a roman superman!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That was actually a very sweet story that I never see mentioned. I dig samurai, I dig Superman, Samurai Superman is a winning concept.