Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pitch your ideal Wonder Woman ongoing.

Inspired from the Superman thread . Here you guys can go wild and pitch any ideas you have for our favorite amazon and her supporting cast, go wild and let your imagination go infinity and beyond!

Mighty Member

It'd just be the tv show set up with Steve and Etta and her secret ID would be Agent Prince. She'd occasionally go home to Themyscira but mostly live in D.C.
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 10-31-2017 at 07:28 PM.

Don't know if these ideas have been done.

Villainy Inc. abducts the Amazons of Paradise Island, and some magical artifacts on it, and sells them off in a slave trade now Wonder Woman must travel to multiple places to find all the captive Amazons, and the artifacts, plus tack the down the "Board of Directors" of Villainy Inc.

The Fourth Reich forcibly take over the White House and Wonder Woman fights them.

Queen of Fables puts Wonder Woman and several people into a nostalgic TV show(s) and Wonder Woman tries to make the other people see that this world isn't real and that they need to live in the real world.

Egg Fu experiments on some magical creatures and combines their DNA into a creature(s) (turns its man lol cartoon joke) and it or each of them battle Wonder Woman.

Incredible Member

A complete reboot of Wonder Woman and all of her supporting characters.

It would seek to impose a mythology which is canonical, fixed and overseen by an editor appointed to ensure compliance with the new mythology. The new mythology would be DC-approved instead of being at the whim of the current writer. No matter the complaints. No matter the reception. The new mythology would stick and all writers across all comic books (except for Elseworld stories) would need to abide by the new mythology.

The new mythology would stick to the KISS principal for ALL characters, including the likes of Donna, Cassie and Circe and for ALL elements, including Diana's origin, personality, powers and abilities, weapon/s, equipment (e.g. invisible jet), "occupation", home base / location, history within the DC universe, connection to Themyscira, etc.

Once the new status-quo was clearly established with an introductory story which includes all of the main players, it should then start to build Diana's relationships within the DC universe with other heroes, particularly the female heroes, by including them for story-arcs. Those story-arcs would also seek to reintroduce Diana's rogues gallery one-by-one.

Ultimately, the aim would be to provide easy and "final" answers for all of the main questions about a superhero - what are her abilities, what is her backstory, where does she live, who does she love, what does she do when not superheroing, who is her family, etc.

I simply want another title! I don't care what it is. Call it 'Sensation Comics'.

Ideally i want two books of WW herself. One is her Wonder Woman. Let this focus on the bigger problems more on her superheroic fights. The big villains, action and adventure.

Second book shall focus more on her tackling more down to earth problems. Like helping out in army relief camps, giving speeches, writing, etc. Her activism. Show more of her supporting cast Etta, Steve, the team which was in the film. Bring the ones like Donna Troy. A focus on her legacy and work. Fight some street level crimes. Supervillains shall appear but focus shall be on developing her world and life.

This two will do.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 10-31-2017 at 10:55 PM.

I want to see a Rucka-style return to Wonder Woman as a diplomat, championing peace on both the mortal and immortal stages. Perhaps she could be a broker between pantheons of different cultures.

I want a title that focuses on her supporting cast that isn't normally seen in the main title. This includes Donna and Cassie, plus Nubia, maybe Jason, maybe Artemis, and a few others (maybe even some new characters -- I'd love to see a trans hero in Wonder Woman's cast). Of course Diana would be the focal point of the series, but it would allow for her to have more of a connection to the other Wonderverse heroes, and maybe add in some consistency for subsequent writers to follow. I mean, why the heck are Donna and Cassie such god awful messes right now?

Multi-story narrative in a new continuity.

Opens with first day of college for Vanessa Sandsmark at Marston College. First day of high school for Cassandra Sandsmark at Gateway Academy. First day of work for Diana Prince at Gateway Archaeological & Esoteric Armory. First day as Director of Operations for Julia Kapatelis-Sandsmark at the Gateway Archaeological & Esoteric Armory. First day as Wonder Woman for the daughter of Hades. First day of human trials at Ballesteros Biomédico. And day thirteen thousand of returning home for Nubia Waller amidst the chaos of Tartarus.

Ends with Silver Swan on the run, Wonder Girl being enrolled in the new Olympus High, Diana "adopted" by Hera, Julia resigning from GAEA, Raven back with the Titans, Cheetah trapped in Furyland, and Phillipus in the arms of her wife.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 11-01-2017 at 12:10 PM.

Setting: WW lives in fictional Marston City (headquarters of A.R.G.U.S) in a large brownstone townhouse that she shares with friends, Etta and Mala, who don’t always get along – neighboring Washington, DC and the Pentagon. From here, Wonder Woman launches her adventures and relaxes in town squares, when trouble doesn’t find her, first.

Regular Cast:

[Brownstone/Core]

Wonder Woman/Diana – Amazon adventurer
    Cmdr. Etta Candy – Diana’s best friend; Naval officer, military-trained fighter, hunter; Dr. Helena Sandsmark’s love interest; namesake of WW I hero, Etta Candy
    Mala – Diana’s cheery, optimistic, Amazon friend; master of technology; superhumanly strong and fast (less so, than Wonder Woman)
    Col. Steve Trevor – Diana’s love interest; Army Air Corps officer, military-trained fighter, marksman and director of ARGUS Secret Operations Unit.
    Ens. Oscar Sweetgulper – Steve Trevor’s bookish assistant; Naval officer and A.R.G.U.S. cyber security pro

Points of interest...

Marston Monument - a large, obelisk-topped monolith that recalls the Washington Monument
    Pyramid of the Crimson Flame - cult stronghold
    A.R.G.U.S Command Citadel - resembles the U.S. Capitol, but is a red sandstone building, topped by a rotating, bronze dome, with a giant, mechanical eye on it
    Marston Harbor
    Sappho’s Coffee
    Kanigher’s department store
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Wonder Women: a title featuring Diana and other female characters from the Wonderverse (Donna, Cassie, Artemis) and the wider DCU (Supergirl, Mera, Batwoman, etc...)

BANNED

Written by Ed Brubaker.
    Drawn by Sean Philips.
    No events or crossovers no matter what.

What/who is it about? Wonder woman and various other characters.
    Beyond that I don't even care a little bit.

Extraordinary Member

I'm going to just assume that this is a scenario where the entire line gets rebooted. Since otherwise, I wouldn't want to diverge too heavily from the Status Quo

Spy Steve Trevor crashes onto the island of Themyscira, home to a technologically advanced civilization composed entirely of Women. He is taken in and raised back to health by the women, becoming close with the princess of the island, Diana. Learning from Trevor about a plot by the God of War, Ares, the Queen of the Amazons holds a contest to determine who shall go out into Man's world to stop Ares. Diana enters the contest, and wins. Diana performs a mystic ritual, becoming the Wonder Woman, the champion of the Amazons.

Steve and Diana travel to Man's world, where they encounter Paulina Von Gunther, and physically and mentally hyper capable baroness, whose child has been kidnapped. Diana determines Ares Plans to corrupt Paulina with the Death of her Daughterm which will drive her mad with grief and motivate her into destroying the world's stockpile of nuclear weapons, allowing full scale war to commence. Diana, along with Trevor and a woman named Etta Candy, stop Ares plan and redeem Von Gunther.

After this origin, there would be several story arcs building up to a climax where the old greecian gods evolve into Fourth World Gods

I would like to see a second WW ongoing that showcases female heroes and talent. It worked for Birds of Prey and I think it could work here. The Wonder Woman book used to have backup stories that featured heroes including: Batgirl, Huntress, Supergirl, Zatanna, Power Girl and Wonder Girl (Donna Troy) to name a few. Bring that back! Imagine the book as a Female Worlds Finest with Wonder Woman pairing up with other heroes. Some months, it could be a rotating cast of female characters with stand-alone stories or small story arcs. It could also be used to launch some pre-nu52 characters that haven't had their Rebirth debut. Highlight those characters that are popular in other media: Harley Quinn, Vixen, Supergirl, SuperHero girls to name a few. It would also be great to see Wonder Woman interact with the extended WW family: Donna Troy, Cassie and Artemis. Heck, even an Amazon story would be great. What about a few pre-Diana WW Amazon story or, young Diana stories? I feel like the options are limitless here. An all female book could work, especially with the success of the Wonder Woman movie and interest in other media.

Wow! You guys are so creative, I'd read several of these and many are far better premises that we've gotten in the actual book!

Not exactly a WW ongoing but I'd do a book focused on the Amazons interacting with the modern world and the culture shock that would ensue.