Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Maybe Gadot doesn't need to ask to terminate Ben Affleck because WB has already decided to do so and is waiting until Justice League finishes its theatrical run to announce it.

Notice how Ben is once again saying he's not sure he'll be playing Batman again after JL? People are assuming this is like the last time he cast doubt on it, but maybe it's because he knows or suspects that eventually WB will not ask him back and he's simply laying the groundwork to save face.

Or maybe not, but we'll see. If the Ben Affleck incident with Hilarie Burton regains traction or if new incidents surface, he would be on the chopping block for sure.
    Interesting observation.

Anyway, if the allegations about Affleck are true, then good riddance. Batman did fine before Affleck, and Batman will be fine once he's gone, be it through voluntary or forced retirement from the role.

Retired

I like Affleck as Batman and I like Gadot as Wonder Woman. So maybe I'm biased. But I haven't seen anything that rises to the same level as Ratner or Weinstein, in Ben's case. And that was all in the past, back when Ben was in the news for being an irresponsible jerk who goes to strip clubs and cheats on his girl friends. And he was punished in the media for all that bad behaviour back then. It seems like he still has a problem with alcohol and fidelity, but that's not the same thing as what Ratner and Weinstein are accused of doing repeatedly--using their position and power to abuse people.

Robert Downey, Jr., back in the day, did far worse than Affleck. Yes RDJ went to prison, but that doesn't diminish the crimes he committed. And he was given second, third and fourth chances to clean up his act by Hollywood. Tom Cruise still continues to do things that are at least questionable, while remaining one of the top paid actors in the industry.

What Ratner did to Olivia Munn was already known and admitted by him. He was bragging about his dirty treatment of her and spreading lies about her that were destructive to her career and dignity as a person. Ratner can finance movies in the hundreds of millions because he's enormously wealthy. If he never makes another dime, he has enough to keep him comfortable for the rest of his life. So not letting him invest in your next movie is completely different from black balling actors. A lot of actors, like Munn, may seem to be doing okay for themselves, but it's feast or famine for actors and when they can't work, the money goes away very quickly.