Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Comics movies cartoons, everything.

I want top 12 brand essential x-men.

At this point I’m thinking Rogue, Mystique, Emma Frost.
    If it's the brand you care about rather then whether are X-Men members or not then Sabretooth and Juggernaut outweigh Emma Frost along with Mystique.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    No, he's not.
    Yes he is.

My reasoning for who I chose “so far”:

Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops. Kind of like the X-Men trinity. Leaders, mentors, steadfast membership and have driven the tone and tempo of the X-Men for years. Present in nearly every representation of the X-Men in media outside of comics.

Colossus, Nightcrawler, Kitty Pryde. At this point, more original than the original 5. Represented as X-Men in film consistently, if not the 90’s cartoon. Kitty, I agree, is a controversial choice but the X-Men have nearly always had an ingenue... and Kitty figures prominently in the most significant X-epics; God Loves & DOFP. While a lot of X-Men stories are monsters-of-the-week, or angst driven, Kitty tends to show up when important things need to be said.

Magneto, Professor X, Phoenix. The idea people. The first two represent a difference in philosophy that’s driven the book for years. Phoenix is a wound that can’t heal... despite serving as an example of the near-limitless creative and destructive potential of a mature and capable mutant. It’s not really about villains, but how important these three are to the storytelling of X-Men principles.

The last three I struggle with. Iceman and Beast both feel like they straddle X-Men with the greater Marvel universe, and now Rogue is similarly so with her involvement with Unvanny Avengers. But her presence in the 90’s as well as Anna Paquin, AND her significance to being a reformed supercriminal has her in the bottom row. I just don’t know who else. I thought Gambit and Psylovke, but both of these characters strike me as surface level cool. Deadpool is irreverent and somewhat irrelevant. I thought Mystique, but then who’s #12.
    Keep what you have currently. It's a very accurate cast.

As for the last row, i'd say Rogue, Gambit (more relevant than Psylocke) and Beast (more relevant than Iceman). Mystique and Deadpool should not be there before these.

BANNED

Row 1: Storm Wolverine Cyclops
    Row 2: Cable Professor X Phoenix
    Row 3: Emma Frost, Rogue, Kitty Pryde
    Row 4: Jubilee Lee, Gambit, Beast

Row Honorable Mention: Nightcrawler, Colossus, Angel.
    Last edited by Jaddor; 11-12-2017 at 05:55 PM.

BANNED

mystique is not an xman. this is xmen we are talking about not Avengers or GOTG. the movies don't define xmen characters since the movie are not what made X-Men the legendary IP it is today, the movies like the cartoons or games just expanded on the xmen lore but will never be seen as the core of the lore.

regardless of the mystique push in the movies because of JLAW. She will always been seen as a messed up brotherhood leading pure villain or anti hero. she will never be seen as an xman. the same way rogue will never be seen as an avenger.

now if you do a list of essential xmen villains, Mystique will score high there as well but not mostly because of the movies but because of all her bad criminal behavior and bad parenting in he comics though the movies may give her a little push but not by any impactful margin.
    Last edited by Jaddor; 11-12-2017 at 05:57 PM.

Working on a poster, and I have room for 12 iconic mutant heroes.

row1: Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm
    row2: Professor X, Phoenix, Magneto
    row3: Colossus, Nightcrawler, Kitty Pryde

Who are the last three?

Beast? Iceman? Rogue? Gambit?
    Is this a fan project? I'd be very curious to see the final project posted when it's finished.

(As far as the last three, I'd use Beast Ice Man, and Rogue; the first two were original generation characters and I think Rogue is more of a core character than Gambit.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Rogue, Mystique and Juggernaut maybe?

DurararaFTW :
    "these" aren't movies. These are comics with movie, cartoon and videogame adaptations. That they get poorly adapted shouldn't denounce any character's X-Men status nor elevate anyone else's.
    Like movies or don't like them but movie affects popularity of characters. I don't like x-men team movies but I understand that popularity of Magneto and Mystique was increased thanks to movies.

planetxmen
    This is a forum for the COMICS.
    Last time Magneto wasn’t a main character in an ongoing team book was the start of Fraction’s run.
    CRaymond wrote that he cares about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Rogue, Mystique and Juggernaut maybe?

DurararaFTW :

Like movies or don't like them but movie affects popularity of characters. I don't like x-men team movies but I understand that popularity of Magneto and Mystique was increased thanks to movies.

planetxmen

CRaymond wrote that he cares about everything.
    A popular character sure, more likely to appear as an X-Men in any new media then all but 11 other characters? Not even close. And thank god for that.

1. Prof. Xavier
    2. Cyclops
    3. Wolverine
    4. Jean Grey
    5. Storm
    6. Nightcrawler
    7. Emma Frost
    8. Rogue
    9. Iceman
    10. Psylocke
    11. Beast
    12. Kitty

Tho very popular, I don't think I'll lump Magneto into the list of Top X-Men. He's certainly an A list mutant. But not as an X-man.

BANNED

Honestly, I'd cut Prof X (never an active X-Man), Kitty and Magneto (who generally has more of an antagonistic role), subbing them in for Iceman, Rogue, Gambit, Psylocke, Angel and Beast

Just cause this seems to be a hang up for people: i don’t believe you need to be a member of an X-Men strikeforce to be considered “brand essential”. Like everything great about X-Men, it’s about choices, and characters that represent paths defined by choice.

Rogue isn’t a top 12 because she was a Blue team powerhouse, but because she considered her mutation an illness, turned from exploitation to heroism, accepted her powers, and became a high profile mutant hero. Her story arc is portrayed as a seminal one in X-Men canon.

Some time ago, I asked people's thoughts as to who represents the TOP TWELVE characters that best represent the X-Men's story. There was some debate but we settled on the following:

Magneto, Xavier, Phoenix, Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Rogue, Beast, Mystique and the White Queen.

Who do you feel makes the second page of 12?

Iceman, Psylocke, Angel, Gambit, Shadowcat, Jubilee, X-23, Sabretooth, Cable, Deadpool? Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    When was this, because I totally missed it.

I do not think either Beast or Mystique belong with the 1st 12 though.
    Found it. My CBR skillz aren't yellow belt yet.

Xavier
    Cyclops
    Jean Grey
    Beast
    Iceman
    Wolverine
    Storm
    Nightcrawler
    Shadowcat
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Emma Frost

Colossus could replace Gambit, but I'd stay with Gambit.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/