Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Captain America - Hawkeye - Wasp (these 3 are considered the top 3 in the most recent official list)
    Iron Man - Thor - Hank Pym
    Vision - Scarlet Witch - Black Panther
    Captain Marvel - Black Widow - She-Hulk

Official top 10 avengers video from marvel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IP-iD0FkBU

1. Cap
    2. Hawkeye
    3. Wasp
    4. Vision
    5. Iron Man
    6. Black Widow
    7. Luke Cage
    8. Thor
    9. Captain Marvel
    10. Black Panther

There was a 50 greatest Avengers ever post from marvel.com but I can't find it now, did they remove it?

Anyways we don't need to agree with the choices but it's a good reference.

row 1: Cap America, Iron Man, Thor
    row 2: Scarlet Witch, Falcon, Vision
    row 3: Hawkeye, Captain Marvel, Wasp
    row 4: Quicksilver, Giant-Man, She-Hulk

I choose "my" team based on characters who have been heavily associated with the Avengers in the past and on who I think the core four members(Wasp, Cap, Thor, IronMan) would choose every time in a pinch.

That means that I would take out the Hulk because he is to unpredictable and then add in She-Hulk due to having a Hulk is better than no Hulk at all. Besides that she has been a more valued member of the team for years.

Hank Pyms Gian-Man gets a spot on the fourth row for not only being a found member but for having such a valued role among the team for so many years.

Quicksilver gets a spot for his time on the Quirky Quartet that allowed so many others to join later on and for always being ready when called upon. Especially, if his sisters is on the team.

Finally the Falcon. Sam represents the underdog who forever manages to impress those around him. His time on the Avengers in the past will forever be a rememberable, though negative to due the circumstances, one in Avengers history. Falcons time there after on the team with him leading the way is a prime example of what it means to be an Avenger. Starting from the bottom with so many disadvantages only to come out on top of the heap.

If another spot was open I might add Black Panther but he has honestly had the least time on the team then any of the members listed above. On top of which on more then one occasion he was either spying on the team or choosing Wakanda over the team. The last part is understandable since he is a king but I feel "core" Avengers can not have other things pulling them from the mission or the team. Which is also why I did not add Namor to my list.

But that just what I think. I really hope the OP post the final product of his art. Should be a very cool picture.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 11-12-2017 at 07:09 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

row 2: Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision
    row 3: Hawkeye, Hank Pym, Wasp
    row 4: Wonderman, Black Panther, Black Widow

I'd drop Hulk. He's only a recent addition and doesn't have the Avengers history the others have. There other 12 are basically the people everyone automatically equates with Avengers. You can switch out Black Knight for Black Panther. I personally see Black Panther as more a broad Marvel character than an "Avenger" character if that makes sense, but I definitely understand why he would be there.

Quote Originally Posted by R0NIN View Post
    row 2: Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision
    row 3: Hawkeye, Hank Pym, Wasp
    row 4: Wonderman, Black Panther, Black Widow

I'd drop Hulk. He's only a recent addition and doesn't have the Avengers history the others have. There other 12 are basically the people everyone automatically equates with Avengers. You can switch out Black Knight for Black Panther. I personally see Black Panther as more a broad Marvel character than an "Avenger" character if that makes sense, but I definitely understand why he would be there.
    I'd switch your row 2 and 3, but apart from this, I completely agree with you.

I'm kind of surprised that so many people think Black Widow is a classic Avenger. I'm not sure I've ever read a substantial run that included the character, though I pretty much stopped reading the Avengers in the early 90's so if she was in a lot after that, that would explain it. I've always associated her more with The Champions and Daredevil.

Widow is tecnically the second (or third) female to join the Avengers. And she did lead the team in one of its most dramtic runs.

Then there is the movies....
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I'm kind of surprised that so many people think Black Widow is a classic Avenger. I'm not sure I've ever read a substantial run that included the character, though I pretty much stopped reading the Avengers in the early 90's so if she was in a lot after that, that would explain it. I've always associated her more with The Champions and Daredevil.
    To be fair, several of the characters some have suggested have nothing to do with classic Avengers (that's why I didn't include them in my suggestion). I don't either think of BW as a classic Avenger, but she has been leader under Busiek in the late 90s. I suppose the movies might have influenced some in suggesting her, even though it's a different medium, a different universe and all that

Black Widow, Spiderman & Black Panther

I'd say Spider Woman as well but honestly the others are just bigger deals. And Hank Pym well...he's a founding Member but he hasn't been much of an Avenger or even a Human being lately.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Working on a poster and I have places for 12 most important Avengers.

row 2: Scarlet Witch, Hulk, Vision

Who would you choose for the last 3?
    Hank Pym since he is a founder, Quicksilver missing member of the Kooky Quartet and Jarvis since without him the avengers would be a much of slops who would probably starve to dead, failing Jarvis, I would go with Wonder Man

Pym (in any of his identities, though his most recent was Giant-Man, I believe), She Hulk, Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Working on a poster and I have places for 12 most important Avengers.

row 2: Scarlet Witch, Hulk, Vision

Who would you choose for the last 3?
    Well, I don't necessarily agree with your pick of the top three rows. As much as I wanted him to have done so, other than a few special occasions, Hulk never played much of a part in the Avengers until the movies came out. I think She-Hulk would be a better pick. But I'll play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Giant Man (Pym), Black Panther, Quicksilver.
    I agree with Hank and the Panther, and whatever ID you choose to picture Hank, it has to be in giant form. The visual of a Giant on the background has always been a trademark of the Avengers, that, among other things, set them apart from their DC counterparts, the JLA. As much as I LOVE Pietro, I don't consider him such an Avenger mainstay. To me, at least, Pietro has shined better outside of the team. I'd replace him for Wonder Man, someone whose history has always been more intrinsic to the team's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    To be fair, several of the characters some have suggested have nothing to do with classic Avengers (that's why I didn't include them in my suggestion). I don't either think of BW as a classic Avenger, but she has been leader under Busiek in the late 90s. I suppose the movies might have influenced some in suggesting her, even though it's a different medium, a different universe and all that
    Just being picky, but under Harras, not Busiek.

Peace

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Official top 10 avengers video from marvel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IP-iD0FkBU

1. Cap
    2. Hawkeye
    3. Wasp
    4. Vision
    5. Iron Man
    6. Black Widow
    7. Luke Cage
    8. Thor
    9. Captain Marvel
    10. Black Panther

There was a 50 greatest Avengers ever post from marvel.com but I can't find it now, did they remove it?

Anyways we don't need to agree with the choices but it's a good reference.
    Luke Cage as one of the top ten 50 greatest Avengers? Must be a generational thing. I went with characters in the final row who had the most appearances as an Avenger. But I guess there's a spot for Luke and others, too.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    And yet doesn't Black Widow have more appearances as an Avenger than some of the others on the list? Worth fact-checking, but I'm sure she's up there.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    And yet doesn't Black Widow have more appearances as an Avenger than some of the others on the list? Worth fact-checking, but I'm sure she's up there.
    I'm not sure I've ever read an Avengers comic where she was on the roster - I've read several where she turns up for one-off adventures like the Korvac Saga, but none where she's a regular. I know she joins in #111, but she leaves in #112! But like I said, I stopped reading the Avengers before the Harras run, which I guess is where she made her name as an Avenger. It's just too far after my time for her to be an iconic Avenger for me.