Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Time will tell, but I'm very confident in my predictions. I'm right far more often than not with these things.
    "Well, I say that I'm right!"

... do you realize how childish that sounds?

Nobody outside of Spider-Man fans knows what Spider-Verse even is, other than lots of Spider-Men running around for some reason.
    And you think people know who Ben Reilly and Kaine are.

You are vastly overestimating the impact of that story which, btw, fell flat at the end, like most modern Spider-Man stories.
    And you are vastly over-valuing your own opinion.

Look, you like the 90s? That's cool. You don't like mode hold up. Fine. Nobody has a problem with that.
    Can you prove that modern stories won't hold up? No. You can't. No amount of cherry picking random characters and events will change that. On that note, nobody believes or is impressed by you claiming that you're usually right.

Your opinions are not facts.
    Last edited by Alan2099; 11-11-2017 at 09:41 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    Yeah, I'm sorry, but almost none of the stuff you listed as notable actually is. By that token, you may as well say that everything that has ever happened in the history of ever is notable. But hey, if you're that easily impressed, then it must be a good life for you.

Harry's final Goblin story has been adapted multiple times in Spider-Man media.

Carnage is one of Spider-Man's greatest villains.

Spider-Verse is nowhere near as huge as Maximum Carnage or the Clone Saga were in the 90's. Not even close.
    Yeah I am sorry but the only thing you are demonstrating here is that you are out of touch with fandom.
    Also greate attitude you have there with the whole “easily empressed thing”. If anyone is easily impressed it seems to be you if you actually think demon Machendale is in any way noteable.

BANNED

Time will tell, but I'm very confident in my predictions. I'm right far more often than not with these things.

Nobody outside of Spider-Man fans knows what Spider-Verse even is, other than lots of Spider-Men running around for some reason. You are vastly overestimating the impact of that story which, btw, fell flat at the end, like most modern Spider-Man stories.
    Nobody outside of Spider-man fans knows what demon Machendale is at all. The same pretty much applies for Ben Reilly and Kaine. Atleast Miles Morales, Spider Gwen and Mr. Negative has exposere to more general audiences because of video games and cartoons.
    Spider-verse had multi media tie in with some basic plot points appearing in the cartoon show that while I didnt really like plenty of kids did.
    You are vastly overestimating your ability to judge what people have liked and your comfidence here only adds to the fact that you really have no idea what you are talking about.
    Last edited by Bor; 11-12-2017 at 12:36 AM.

BANNED

I cited Venom and Carnage, no other symbiotes. And isn't Anti-Venom one of those "knock off symbiotes?"

Don't forget Ben Reilly and Kaine, two more classic characters from the 90's. And the aforementioned prime Harry Green Goblin, who gave us one of the greatest Spider-Man stories ever.

I'm not downplaying anything, it has been a very "meh" decade for Spider-Man. If the crux of your support is Mr. Negative, then you've kind of made my argument for me.
    I like how you want to just ignore these other character because it demonstrates exactly my point but you want To ignore it because you dont have a leg to stand on here.
    And yes you are downplaying these stories and characters completely. You think your uninformed view means more then other peoples opinions and multimedia exposure. The next soon to bee Spider-man coming is that starring Demon Goblin? Nope Mr Negative. Miles Morales is getting his own animated feature, and has appeared in several cartoons. The newest cartoon has even been announced to include elements from Slotts run but hey you are right lets ignore all these things because you are right more often then not right? Seriously stop comfusing your own taste for reality its really getting ridicules.

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Nobody outside of Spider-man fans knows what demon Machendale is at all. The same pretty much applies for Ben Reilly and Kaine. Atleast Miles Morales, Spider Gwen and Mr. Negative has exposere to more general audiences because of video games and cartoons.
    Spider-verse had multi media tie in with some basic plot points appearing in the cartoon show that while I didnt really like plenty of kids did.
    You are vastly overestimating your ability to judge what people have liked and your comfidence here only adds to the fact that you really have no idea what you are talking about.

uhm what’s a demon macendale
    troo fan or death

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    uhm what’s a demon macendale
    That time Jason Macendale(Hobgoblin) got fused with a demon during inferno.

As I said its not like that version of the character or that storyline is something thats often brought up yet apparently its more notable then the entire last decade worth of characters and storylines according to that poster.

Another poster confusing their own limited perspective with objective reality, huh?

As the Totally And Completely Official #1 Fan of the Clone Saga, I declare that there will be plenty of "current stories" used and referenced in the future - Superior Spider-Man especially. And I want my perspective to be objective too, so *poof* it is: I am 100% correct and cannot be argued with.

Feels good!

-Pav, who wishes everyone had to take college Lit courses...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Yeah, I'm sorry, but almost none of the stuff you listed as notable actually is. By that token, you may as well say that everything that has ever happened in the history of ever is notable. But hey, if you're that easily impressed, then it must be a good life for you.

Harry's final Goblin story has been adapted multiple times in Spider-Man media.

Carnage is one of Spider-Man's greatest villains.

Spider-Verse is nowhere near as huge as Maximum Carnage or the Clone Saga were in the 90's. Not even close.
    Harry's final Goblin story is very notable, but it has been retconned out and is unlikely to be used again. And Spider-Verse is much bigger than Max. Carnage or Clone Sage ever were IMO - it's already appeared in a cartoon and people everywhere are clamoring for Spider-Verse movies and stuff. Have you ever heard anyone thiking Maximum Carnage or Clone Saga should be a movie? While I like Carnage, he definitely isn't one of Spider-Man's greatest villains (those would be Goblin, Ock, Venom IMO), and i don't think you can say he is anywhere near as notable as Miles Morales or even Spider-Gwen. And unfortunately, Spider-Man 2099 didn't really take off, but I'd actually say he is one of the most notable Spider-Man developments from the 90s behind Carnage.
    Last edited by blackspidey2099; 11-12-2017 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    "Well, I say that I'm right!"

... do you realize how childish that sounds?

And you think people know who Ben Reilly and Kaine are.

And you are vastly over-valuing your own opinion.

Look, you like the 90s? That's cool. You don't like mode hold up. Fine. Nobody has a problem with that.
    Can you prove that modern stories won't hold up? No. You can't. No amount of cherry picking random characters and events will change that. On that note, nobody believes or is impressed by you claiming that you're usually right.

Your opinions are not facts.
    Maximum Carnage and the 90's Clone Saga were much bigger in their day than Spider-Verse was in its day. That's a fact, not opinion.
    Last edited by Scarlet Spider-Man; 11-12-2017 at 10:20 AM.

Yeah I am sorry but the only thing you are demonstrating here is that you are out of touch with fandom.
    Also greate attitude you have there with the whole “easily empressed thing”. If anyone is easily impressed it seems to be you if you actually think demon Machendale is in any way noteable.
    This coming from someone who thinks stuff like American Son is notable.

Fine, throw out DM. All of my other examples are completely valid.

Miles Morales (who, granted, will likely stick long-term) and Mr. Negative show up in media right now because they're relatively new. I highly doubt we'll be seeing Mr. Negative's story in a Spider-Man film any time soon.

I like how you want to just ignore these other character because it demonstrates exactly my point but you want To ignore it because you dont have a leg to stand on here.
    And yes you are downplaying these stories and characters completely. You think your uninformed view means more then other peoples opinions and multimedia exposure. The next soon to bee Spider-man coming is that starring Demon Goblin? Nope Mr Negative. Miles Morales is getting his own animated feature, and has appeared in several cartoons. The newest cartoon has even been announced to include elements from Slotts run but hey you are right lets ignore all these things because you are right more often then not right? Seriously stop comfusing your own taste for reality its really getting ridicules.
    You're the one who keeps focusing on DM and ignoring eveything else I say, because it invalidates your argument.

You also seem to be struggling to distinguish between "classic" and "new."
    Last edited by Scarlet Spider-Man; 11-12-2017 at 10:29 AM.

Forgot Silk. I think she'll keep popping up.

Having a significant, lasting impact is different from "hey, you remember when x happened?"
    Not claiming othrwise.

Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen are going to be in their second cartoons. The idea of Spider-Man travelling to other dimensions and encouraging new versions of himself has been entrenched in the mythos, despite not being a big part of the comics until Spider-Men.

Mr. Negative is the villain in a video game. He's also a go-to guy for anyone who needs a crime boss who isn't the Kingpin, or who has super-powers.

Superior Spider-Man is one of the biggest mega-arcs in the series' history, and seemed to come to a well-regarded conclusion. It's also going to inform Spider-Man's interactions with one of his greatest enemies going forward.

That time Jason Macendale(Hobgoblin) got fused with a demon during inferno.

As I said its not like that version of the character or that storyline is something thats often brought up yet apparently its more notable then the entire last decade worth of characters and storylines according to that poster.
    It wasn't relevant for any particularly well-regarded stories either.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Forgot Silk. I think she'll keep popping up.

Not claiming othrwise.

Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen are going to be in their second cartoons. The idea of Spider-Man travelling to other dimensions and encouraging new versions of himself has been entrenched in the mythos, despite not being a big part of the comics until Spider-Men.

Mr. Negative is the villain in a video game. He's also a go-to guy for anyone who needs a crime boss who isn't the Kingpin, or who has super-powers.

Superior Spider-Man is one of the biggest mega-arcs in the series' history, and seemed to come to a well-regarded conclusion. It's also going to inform Spider-Man's interactions with one of his greatest enemies going forward.

It wasn't relevant for any particularly well-regarded stories either.
    You know who else has been in a Spider-Man cartoon? Almost every Spider-Man character ever.

The first Spider-Verse style story occurred in the 90's Spider-Man cartoon. In fact, Spider-Verse is almost a direct rip-off of that story.

Maximum Carnage had its own video game.

With the fall of PI, Superior has almost completly lost relevance to Peter. He's virtually back to status quo. If/when Doc Ock forgets Spider-Man's identity again, it will be like SSM never even happened. Superior is only looked at in a positive light in retrospect, and only because Peter is back.
    Last edited by Scarlet Spider-Man; 11-12-2017 at 10:49 AM.

BANNED

This coming from someone who thinks stuff like American Son is notable.
    Yeah that was not me. Thank you for demonstrating even a basic ability to seperate differnet posters.