Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    Fine, throw out DM. All of my other examples are completely valid.

Miles Morales (who, granted, will likely stick long-term) and Mr. Negative show up in media right now because they're relatively new. I highly doubt we'll be seeing Mr. Negative's story in a Spider-Man film any time soon.
    Right because both Kain and Ben, while good characters, are more likely then these two and others like Spider-Gwen.
    I highly doubt you have amy idea what you are talking about at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    And you think people know who Ben Reilly and Kaine are.
    I wasn't reading comics back when Ben Reilly was introduced, but I still knew about him. As for Kaine, I didn't know too much about him.

BANNED

You're the one who keeps focusing on DM and ignoring eveything else I say, because it invalidates your argument.

You also seem to be struggling to distinguish between "classic" and "new."
    I focused on that because it was a perfect exemple that you dont understand the difference between personal opinion and general opinion. Unlike you my argument is completely valid. The fact that noone so far either here or in various polls comducted agrees with you shows that.
    You seem to be struggling between new and 10 years. Mr negative has been around for almost a decade and shows no sign of going away. I will guantee you its more likely we are going to see him in a movie or netflix show before we ever see either Demon Macendale or Kaine.
    Plese just do yourself a favor and stop pretending your opinion is fact. Its getting silly.
    Last edited by Bor; 11-12-2017 at 11:20 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    I wasn't reading comics back when Ben Reilly was introduced, but I still knew about him. As for Kaine, I didn't know too much about him.
    Well he was kinda in the 90s show too. But even so Miles has had more exposure then Ben ever got and will get more when his animated movie comes out.
    To the non comic reader both Ben and Kaine are not well known names nor are they likely to appear in the MCU.
    Mr. Negative on the other hand is one of those charaters thats easy to adapt for a show like Daredevil or Punisher which makes sense seeing he has faced both.

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    I focused on that because it was a perfect exemple that you dont understand the difference between personal opinion and general opinion. Unlike you my argument is completely valid. The fact that noone so far either here or in various polls comducted agrees with you shows that.
    You seem to be struggling between new and 10 years. Mr negative has been around for almost a decade and shows no sign of going away. I will guantee you its more likely we are going to see him in a movie or netflix show before we ever see either Demon Macendale or Kaine.
    Plese just do yourself a favor and stop pretending your opinion is fact. Its getting silly.
    Again, you keep picking and choosing parts of my argument and ignoring the rest, because you know you have no valid rebuttal.

Venom, Carnage, and Ben Reilly are, and will continue to be, much bigger characters in the Spider-Man universe than the bland, forgettable, wanna-be Kingpin, Mr. Photoshop.
    Last edited by Scarlet Spider-Man; 11-12-2017 at 12:17 PM.

Well he was kinda in the 90s show too. But even so Miles has had more exposure then Ben ever got and will get more when his animated movie comes out.
    To the non comic reader both Ben and Kaine are not well known names nor are they likely to appear in the MCU.
    Mr. Negative on the other hand is one of those charaters thats easy to adapt for a show like Daredevil or Punisher which makes sense seeing he has faced both.
    I know this is going to rankle some PC feathers, but Miles Morales is largely notable to the public for his race(s), not his character. He's usually referred to as "the black Spider-Man." Hell, most non-comic fans don't even know his name.
    Last edited by Scarlet Spider-Man; 11-12-2017 at 12:18 PM.

Again, you keep picking and choosing parts of my argument and ignoring the rest, because you know you have no valid rebuttal.
    What parts of your argument is he not addressing?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

So I guess you really dont read other posters post? Good to know.
    I have adressed your points and if you actually read what other posters wrote you would see that.
    Among other things I already agreed with you that characters like Freak is unlikely to have the biggest impact.
    You on the other hand keep on ignoring everything I and every other poster here has pointed out to you. It seems you do so because you honestly dont have an actual argument so instead you pretend others are soing something wrong.
    Again this whole post of yours: Not even a hint of actual evidence or an argument, only more attempts at trying to avoid having to admit that your opinion quite clearly is not fact.

BANNED

I know this is going to rankle some PC feathers, but Miles Morales is largely notable to the public for his race(s), not his character. He's usually referred to as "the black Spider-Man."
    I know this is going to rattle some feathers for you but the reason why the clone saga and relatd characters are so largely notable is not because they are just great characters or storylines but because they were a trainwreck. I love Ben, he is my favorite outside of Peter, but to most people he is just “one of the Spider clones”, and to the general audience he is nothing.
    Supergirl was for the longest time, and to a lot still is, largely known for being a female counterpart to Superman more then for being her own character. Yet she is notable and has her own pretty succesfull tv show.

In the end it does not matter why a character is notable but the fact that they are.
    Last edited by Bor; 11-12-2017 at 12:23 PM.

So I guess you really dont read other posters post? Good to know.
    I have adressed your points and if you actually read what other posters wrote you would see that.
    Among other things I already agreed with you that characters like Freak is unlikely to have the biggest impact.
    You on the other hand keep on ignoring everything I and every other poster here has pointed out to you. It seems you do so because you honestly dont have an actual argument so instead you pretend others are soing something wrong.
    Again this whole post of yours: Not even a hint of actual evidence or an argument, only more attempts at trying to avoid having to admit that your opinion quite clearly is not fact.
    All you're doing now is taking what I say and saying the same thing about me, even mimicking my posting structure.

I know this is going to rattle some feathers for you but the reason why the clone saga and relatd characters are so largely notable is not because they are just great characters or storylines but because they were a trainwreck. I love Ben, he is my favorite outside of Peter, but to most people he is just “one of the Spider clones”, and to the general audience he is nothing.
    Supergirl was for the longest time, and to a lot still is, largely known for being a female counterpart to Superman more then for being her own character. Yet she is notable and has her own pretty succesfull tv show.

In the end it does not matter why a character is notable but the fact that they are.
    It absolutely matters why something is notable. I can't believe you would even say something like that. Wow.

BANNED

All you're doing now is taking what I say and saying the same thing about me, even mimicking my posting structure.
    I already addressed all your actual ponts and all you did was ignore it because it pointed out how flawed your argument was.
    And as far as my mimicking here, well yeah what do you expect when one of your first posts is a childish “you only think this because you havent read actual classic stories” followed by you ignoring everything every poster here says to you while making empty comments like that what do you expect?

BANNED

It absolutely matters why something is notable. I can't believe you would even say something like that. Wow.
    Really thats your response? Sigh. As I said it does not just matter how a character starts of.
    Batgirl, Supergirl and other characters, including Ben, started of as basicly a carbon copy/gendar swapped version of an existing character yet evolved into something more. Miles has lots of fans and is plenty notable despite your refusual.

Also funny how for someone who accuses others of focusing on some part of a posters arguent you are doing a bang up job of ignoring 95% of what people respond to you.

I cant belive you have yet to address some of the actual points brought up here instead of just empty comments.
    Last edited by Bor; 11-12-2017 at 12:36 PM.

First five links on Google to lists of best Spider-Man villains.

http://www.ign.com/articles/top-25-spider-man-villains (Venom #3, Carnage #21, no Mr. Negative, also notes Demonic Hobgoblin)

https://www.newsarama.com/15454-the-...-all-time.html (Venom #3, no Mr. Negative, also notes Demonic Hobgoblin)

https://www.ranker.com/list/all-spid...-supervillains (Venom #2, Carnage #4, Demogoblin #26, Kaine #32, Mr. Negative #44)

https://screenrant.com/best-spider-m...ever-all-time/ (Carnage #3, Venom #4, no Mr. Negative)

http://whatculture.com/comics/20-gre...-villains-ever (Venom #1, Carnage #4, Mr. Negative #44)

Looks like it isn't just my opinion after all.

BANNED

First five links on Google to lists of best Spider-Man villains.

http://www.ign.com/articles/top-25-spider-man-villains (Venom #3, Carnage #21, no Mr. Negative, also notes Demonic Hobgoblin)

https://www.newsarama.com/15454-the-...-all-time.html (Venom #3, no Mr. Negative, also notes Demonic Hobgoblin)

https://www.ranker.com/list/all-spid...-supervillains (Venom #2, Carnage #4, Demogoblin #26, Kaine #32, Mr. Negative #44)

https://screenrant.com/best-spider-m...ever-all-time/ (Carnage #3, Venom #4, no Mr. Negative)

http://whatculture.com/comics/20-gre...-villains-ever (Venom #1, Carnage #4, Mr. Negative #44)

Looks like it isn't just my opinion after all.
    Most of those are years old and even still Mr. negative appeared above a lot of classic villians including the freaking burgler!
    Not to mention he is slated to appear in a cartoon show and be one of the main antagonists in what is looking to be one of the biggest Spider-man games in years.
    So what is your continued excuse for Miles being prominent? Or storylines like Spider-verse being in several differnt sources of media?

If you want to pretend the last 10 years has not had notable characters or storylines go ahead, but the fact that Marvel/Disney find some of these notable enough to appear in several different formats including games, movies, cartoons and toys speaks volumes.
    Try to compare how many versions of Spider-gwen or Miles you can buy compared to Kaine, Ben or Demon Macendale and you will see that despite your ignorance the last 10 years has brought notable elements to the mythos.