Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

You might also want to look at Paul Levitz, Jim Lee, Dan Didio, Bob Harras and Diane Nelson, those were the people directly in charge of Berganza and handled the various HR problems with the DC Editorial Bullpen. Didio we know at least one instance where he has apparently trying to cover up some of DC's messes by buying off the accuser.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    You might also want to look at Paul Levitz, Jim Lee, Dan Didio, Bob Harras and Diane Nelson, those were the people directly in charge of Berganza and handled the various HR problems with the DC Editorial Bullpen. Didio we know at least one instance where he has apparently trying to cover up some of DC's messes by buying off the accuser.
    Y'know... I wouldnt be against DiDio and Harras going.... Diane Nelson and Levitz I'd feel indifferent about. I would miss Jim Lee though.

If we axed all those people though, I'd like Johns, Snyder, Bendis and maybe King to take over
    Last edited by Denirac; 11-12-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Astonishing Member

Given that Levitz was willing to tolerate Berganza for decades while forcing editors out from Wildstorm just for having Midnighter/Apollo kissing should show you what kind of a person he was and what he considered appropriate.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 11-12-2017 at 01:41 PM.

Given that Levitz was willing to tolerate Berganza for decades while forcing editors out from Wildstorm just for having Midnighter/Apollo kissing should show you what kind of a person he was.
    I hadnt heard much about Levitz. I knew the name. Not the Reputation with it. But he can go too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'll enjoy reading about DC characters in the pages of IDW books.
    Now that's dumbest sarcastic comment I've heard/read in a while . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    I hadnt heard much about Levitz. I knew the name. Not the Reputation with it. But he can go too.
    What "reputation"?
    And do you know what he even does these days?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Now that's dumbest sarcastic comment I've heard/read in a while . . .

What "reputation"?
    And do you know what he even does these days?

How he protected Berganza and fired people over Midnighter/Apollo kissing.

And all I really know Levitz from is his Doctor Fate in 2015-2016 (Which I did enjoy) and his older Legion of Superheroes stuff.

. . . all I really know Levitz from is his Doctor Fate in 2015-2016 (Which I did enjoy) and his older Legion of Superheroes stuff.
    Then it's a bit rash to flippantly say "he can go too" since you don't know much about his history of working at DC, or even whether he's still an active part of DC these days, isn't it?

Then it's a bit rash to flippantly say "he can go too" since you don't know much about his history of working at DC, or even whether he's still an active part of DC these days, isn't it?
    I originally was indifferent to him like I was with Diane Nelson. If he was axed off, I wasnt going to care overly much. However if it was someone like Jim Lee or Johns then I would care more. And I'd definitively not be sad to see Harras and DiDio go if it came to that. Since Harras made Mark Waid Persona-Non-Grata at the DC offices, and I blame DiDio for the New 52.
    Last edited by Denirac; 11-12-2017 at 02:21 PM.

I originally was indifferent to him like I was with Diane Nelson. If he was axed off, I wasnt going to care overly much.
    Again, "axed off" from what exactly?

Again, "axed off" from what exactly?
    DC for protecting Berganza. As stated by others, people who didnt punish him properly the first time deserve punishment too. And sorry about my phrasing. I'm not great with expressing what I mean in words... I sound more harsh than I mean too.

Astonishing Member

Levitz seems to get special treatment from DC and occasionally receives writings assignment based on his seniority and being former President of DC such as the two relaunches of the LoSH , his Dr. Fate book and the Huntress/Power Girl book. I think he was still teased as being a contender for being the next writer on the Legion again.

That just needs to end given the toxic culture @ DC that he did nothing to address during his tenure.

Levitz seems to get special treatment from DC and occasionally receives writings assignment based on his seniority and being former President of DC such as the two relaunches of the LoSH , his Dr. Fate book and the Huntress/Power Girl book. I think he was still teased as being a contender for being the next writer on the Legion again.

That just needs to end given the toxic culture @ DC that he did nothing to address during his tenure.
    As I was trying to point out, he's not somebody still in charge at DC these days, so there's not a whole lot to necessarily "ax" him off from.

Astonishing Member

They need to end any business relationship they have with him. Really they shouldn't be giving him work anymore given the mess he left simmering behind.

As I was trying to point out, he's not somebody still in charge at DC these days, so there's not a whole lot to necessarily "ax" him off from.
    In fact Levitz stepped down as president and publisher of DC Comics in 2009 and became a contributing editor writing a couple of books as well as working as consultant for DC Entertainment. The first time somebody complained about Berganza (that we know of) was in 2010 so I agree that "axing him off" for not punishing him seems a bit odd. He was no longer in charge at the time.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'd hope that people would be a little hesitant at least when it comes to mentioning names based on standing at DC. "I guess " and "probably" aren't proof of who knows what.