BANNED

Default Why not do a Flash themed story about the Tornado Twins ?

For all the talk about Flash stories based on Barry, the Wally (s) and Bart, we haven't truly seen stories based on the Tornado Twins and their part of the Flash legacy ?

I mean we even include some stories on Jessie Quick and Jay Garrick and their connections to the Flash Family, but very few on the Tornado Twins.

So as Flash Fans I have to ask you this, given their connections to the overall Flash Family: Do you want to see Flash themed stories based on Tornado Twins and their lives ?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I would rather see more of their kids Bart Allen and Jenni Ognats (Impulse and XS) than I would of Don and Dawn.

BANNED

Yeah, it's been about 14 years since I got to enjoy new stories about Bart, Jenni and Max (My favorite speedsters). Once they, as well as Jay, Jesse, Irey and Jai, start getting stories again and they've all got books to call home, maybe I'll be interested in what Don and Dawn are up to.

Weren't they in a Flash issue where they were evil or something?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Not really much demand for Don and Dawn. They're overshadowed by the Allen before them (Barry) and the Allen after them (Bart).

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I'd be interested in seeing more of them because I'm just curious to see more of what Barry and Iris's kids are like and "Tornado Twins" is a cool name .

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I'd be down.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Not really much demand for Don and Dawn. They're overshadowed by the Allen before them (Barry) and the Allen after them (Bart).

Thus the real problem comes to light. If Bart and Barry are so important to the Flash fandom, then why not do stories surrounding the children of Barry Allen and the family of Bart Allen ?

If we can have tales based on the original Wally West and his kids, then the same can be said for Barry and his kids. Right ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Weren't they in a Flash issue where they were evil or something?
    That’s just another future where the cause is Barry’s fault.

I would love stories about Don and Dawn. Maybe they could join their father in a story arc, Or maybe they could have a back-up in the Flash book.
    Last edited by KC; 11-13-2017 at 09:48 PM.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Thus the real problem comes to light. If Bart and Barry are so important to the Flash fandom, then why not do stories surrounding the children of Barry Allen and the family of Bart Allen ?

If we can have tales based on the original Wally West and his kids, then the same can be said for Barry and his kids. Right ?
    Wally encountered similar problems: many fans viewed Irey and especially Jai as distractions rather than enhancements to Wally's story. Don and Dawn likely have a similar effect on Barry's story.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'd like to read more stories about them.
    I really enjoyed their appearance during Waid's run when Wally was bouncing through time and John Fox was hitting on Linda.
    All I really know about them is they were eventually killed by the Dominators. I think it would be great to see what else they achieved during their lifetimes other than spawning Jenni and Bart.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Wally encountered similar problems: many fans viewed Irey and especially Jai as distractions rather than enhancements to Wally's story. Don and Dawn likely have a similar effect on Barry's story.

But Barry was dead when they were introduced. I think it would be nice that he met them...under no evil future circumstances.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    But Barry was dead when they were introduced. I think it would be nice that he met them...under no evil future circumstances.
    The Tornado Twins first appeared in Adventure Comics 373 dated October 1968.
    Barry was still around, but the story itself wasn't really Flash-centric at all.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    The Tornado Twins first appeared in Adventure Comics 373 dated October 1968.
    Barry was still around, but the story itself wasn't really Flash-centric at all.
    The funny thing is that because I read every Silver Age Legion story before reading any other comics, Don and Dawn were actually the first speedsters I saw. I already knew about everyone else, but 4-year old Assam hadn't gotten to read any of their stories.