Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Should Wally return to the League?

I know this is very unlikely to happen due to a number of reasons like the movie or DC's Silver Age nostalgia, but I was thinking about the League and how some members are allowed to grow and move on, while The Flash seems stuck in the past even thought for a long time he was the symbol of character progression through Wally.

Superman and Batman can grow a little older, have kids and marry.
    Simon and Jessica are now the League's GLs, not Hal. Hal gets to do his own thing in space.
    Cyborg is a JL mainstay
    Diana keeps getting rebooted, but she's really the only major JL symbol like the Flash who doesn't really seems has progressed much.

Barry is back to Silver Age, and he isn't even married. He's taken several steps back and so has Wally.
    The Flash was for a long time an example of DC's evolution. Wally was the one sidekick who got to replace his former mentor and make the role his own.

Now Barry is back and Wally is basically irrelevant aside from the mediocre Titants book.

How would you feel if Barry and Wally got the GL treatment?

- Wally would get to have a solo, return to the League and deal with the usual Flash set-up.
    - Barry would also have a solo, but like Hal, would be centered around expanding his own corner of the DCU. In Barry's case, I think his main mission should be protecting the multiverse from Crisis-level threats. He died for this once and it would be a great role for him to fill now. He'd still be based on the main Earth, and would be married to Iris.

This would effetively restore most pre-FP continuity, giving strong roles to both Flashes without feeling like DC is taking several steps back with these characters.

The books would be:

The Flash: Wally West
    Barry Allen: Flash Prime

Plus their apperances in JL and maybe a new Multiversity book where Barry could have his own team of multiverse protectors.

Nope, I like it how it is now. I like that Barry is dealing with the usual Flash set up and I like that he is on the league. Also, I don't care that some people think that Wally is a sign of "progression". To me, Barry will always be the Flash, and should do all the things a Flash should do.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Yes, Wally should get back into the League... But how about reinstating him as a Main League Member, and then, to avoid confusion with two flashes, Batman asks if Wally could lead the JLA alongside J'onn.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Yes, Wally should get back into the League... But how about reinstating him as a Main League Member, and then, to avoid confusion with two flashes, Batman asks if Wally could lead the JLA alongside J'onn.
    Uh, under current continuity, how much experience does he have?
    (I don't know offhand; I haven't been able to read/enjoy the Flash series since maybe +/-issue #30 of the New52 run? I also haven't bothered with buying Titans.)

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Return now? Not necessarily. But his past membership should be reinstated into the canon.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I know this is very unlikely to happen due to a number of reasons like the movie or DC's Silver Age nostalgia, but I was thinking about the League and how some members are allowed to grow and move on, while The Flash seems stuck in the past even thought for a long time he was the symbol of character progression through Wally.

Superman and Batman can grow a little older, have kids and marry.
    Simon and Jessica are now the League's GLs, not Hal. Hal gets to do his own thing in space.
    Cyborg is a JL mainstay
    Diana keeps getting rebooted, but she's really the only major JL symbol like the Flash who doesn't really seems has progressed much.

Barry is back to Silver Age, and he isn't even married. He's taken several steps back and so has Wally.
    The Flash was for a long time an example of DC's evolution. Wally was the one sidekick who got to replace his former mentor and make the role his own.

Now Barry is back and Wally is basically irrelevant aside from the mediocre Titants book.

How would you feel if Barry and Wally got the GL treatment?

- Wally would get to have a solo, return to the League and deal with the usual Flash set-up.
    - Barry would also have a solo, but like Hal, would be centered around expanding his own corner of the DCU. In Barry's case, I think his main mission should be protecting the multiverse from Crisis-level threats. He died for this once and it would be a great role for him to fill now. He'd still be based on the main Earth, and would be married to Iris.

This would effetively restore most pre-FP continuity, giving strong roles to both Flashes without feeling like DC is taking several steps back with these characters.

The books would be:

The Flash: Wally West
    Barry Allen: Flash Prime

Plus their apperances in JL and maybe a new Multiversity book where Barry could have his own team of multiverse protectors.
    Barry needs to die period. He has absolutely no character other than what DC stole from Wally.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    (I don't know offhand; I haven't been able to read/enjoy the Flash series since maybe +/-issue #30 of the New52 run? I also haven't bothered with buying Titans.)
    Continuity is iffy right now: he may haver almost no experience or he may have all his post-Crisis experience.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I don't see Wally taking Barry's spot on the main League but I could see them eventually re-establishing his tenure or moving him from the Titans to another League group.

I also don't really want to see Barry going on constant Multiverse adventures. I like him in Central City doing Flash stuff, which Williamson is killing on right now.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

No. He has a better emotional connection with the Titans.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Wally is the Wally from Post Crisis. He has all his experiences from that timeline although he currently cannot remember his kids.

only if he can take nightwing with him!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Continuity is iffy right now: he may haver almost no experience or he may have all his post-Crisis experience.
    Lol.

What do the writers do, throw a a set of dice before each story?

If it’s a double 5 we’ll show Wally remembering stuff this issue. But anything lower and he’ completely cluelesss....

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I wonder...with two Flashes and two GLs on the League at the same time, would the Justice League ever be defeated again?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

No, but i would be happy if they put back his membership in continuity again.

BANNED

If Wally ever becomes a member of the JL again I wouldn't mind.

I dont want it to be an entire thing though, where the League is some sort of graduation for the Titans. I'd rather The Titans be their very own top of hero world team like the JL/JSA/Avengers/X-Men etc.

Young Justice is the Junior JL. Teen Titans in the Junior Titans the whole point I thought for TT at least the Fab5 was to get away from their mentors and establish themselves.