Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Well...I like Cheung's art work so that's one of my hopes ticked off. Rest of my list really is just good story arc/s and that we get to see the Thing say ''it's clobbering time'' at least a few times during the run.
    This does not impress Doom :-)

Lately with Infamous Iron Man, Doom seems to be handling Ben a bit too easily. I expect the Infamous armor must have a serious power up for him to one arm Ben out of a window after being shot in the other arm by Amara.

I also was really jazzed to see Jim Cheung on this. IMO Marvel has very few high caliber artists these days. At least it seems like a lot fewer than when Joe Q was EIC. To see Cheung assigned to this is a very good sign IMO. Sometimes I judge how much confidence Marvel has in a title by the artist assigned. I know Axel Alonso has said he likes indy style art but IMO there are some titles where it's a big turn off for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    with Johnny now being loaded and able to fund his work with Ben I am hopeful for a swashbuckling team up.

I hope any fights with Doom are way in the future.
    Considering the cover of issue #2, I think they will be sooner rather than later. Judging from Ben's arc in Infamous Iron Man, I'd like to see a very reluctant team up and the three of them work this out together.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-15-2017 at 11:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Haven't been reading Infamous Iron Man Iron Maiden, but I'd assume in the F2 book (that's my nickname for the book LOL) that he won't be handling Ben quite so easily. I do like the panel where Doom says ''something something clobbering'' though.

I want to see appearances by both common and obscure FF-sidecharacters and enemies! = ) I want to see them pick up plotlines from both of their respective solo-books, through the ages - perhaps an altercation with both Hydro-Man and the Trapster respectively! An appearance by Sandman would be cool as well - I think his complex relationship with Thing is interesting as well, and would like to see more of it.

And finally... I would like to see them FIND the FF, through some inter-dimensional hijinks with Doom! ^^

Actually, now that I think about it... a Thing / Torch buddy-book is a bit of a no-brainer, and should have been done in the past! (wait... I guess they DID do that in Strange Tales back in the 60s! huh...) There can be tons of focus on the two of them and developing their personalities.

Admittedly, Johnny is indeed the one that needs it the most - he needs to get some development that will actually STICK!

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Haven't been reading Infamous Iron Man Iron Maiden, but I'd assume in the F2 book (that's my nickname for the book LOL) that he won't be handling Ben quite so easily. I do like the panel where Doom says ''something something clobbering'' though.
    Of course I've been more prejudiced about Doom's abilities but even when you take him out of the picture, Ben has been disrespected for years by the writers at Marvel. His decisive wins have been far too few for far too long. I remember Luke benching him for a mission in New Avengers saying that it was best he stay behind while the rest of the team handles things. I think he made him the look out or something. And that still gets me ticked off. I'm going to have to find that panel again one day to see if it's as bad as I remember.

Spectacular Member

I think I would like this series to re-establish both Ben and Johnny as preeminent heroes in the Marvel Universe.

Stop using them as punching bags or punchlines to a bad joke. It can't just be Fantastic Four fans that are excited about the focus on them, I want to see them as the guys other heroes call when they have no where else to turn.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Of course I've been more prejudiced about Doom's abilities but even when you take him out of the picture, Ben has been disrespected for years by the writers at Marvel. His decisive wins have been far too few for far too long. I remember Luke benching him for a mission in New Avengers saying that it was best he stay behind while the rest of the team handles things. I think he made him the look out or something. And that still gets me ticked off. I'm going to have to find that panel again one day to see if it's as bad as I remember.
    It would be great to see Ben kick ass in this new series so hopefully he'll get a lot of clobbering time in this book.

That's probably partially due to Ben offering very little that Luke doesn't have already. Both are similar characters in temperament and powers. It was why Thunderbird had to die so Wolverine could live.

But you are so right about Ben. He's got 90% of the strength and 200% of the heart of "class 100" bricks. He's got the piloting ability, the people skills, the toughness, the integrity, the fighting ability. He should be a Marvel Universe Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    I want it to become Marvel Three-in-One.
    Personally, I'd far rather it became Marvel Four-In-One.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    .....If things will work out within this series, then it'll eventually be.....

BANNED

The eventual return of the rest of Fantastic Four & co., and in the meantime some exploration of the emotional weight of their current predicament on Ben & Johnny.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That we get Spectacular Spider-Man #6 Zdarsky and not issues #1-4 Zdarsky.
    In his recent interview about Two-In-One, Zdarsky was making all the right noises. When he eases up on the tryhard humour and takes things seriously, he does a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Well, if it will be focuse on Reed most of the time... again, then I prefer Three-in-One.

I fully don't expect but totally want Ben and Johnny to visit the Misfits of Science Universe; to meet the team that was clearly based on them. #imold

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    That's probably partially due to Ben offering very little that Luke doesn't have already. Both are similar characters in temperament and powers. It was why Thunderbird had to die so Wolverine could live.

But you are so right about Ben. He's got 90% of the strength and 200% of the heart of "class 100" bricks. He's got the piloting ability, the people skills, the toughness, the integrity, the fighting ability. He should be a Marvel Universe Titan.
    Plus Ben is much stronger than Luke. I would rate their invulnerability about the same but I doubt Luke could do this. I wonder these days if Ben is still a veteran since the age issue and all that. It's not possible for him or Reed to be a WWII veterans anymore. I think a lot of writers tend to downplay him in regards to his intelligence. He just acts like a regular guy but he's not dumb.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-16-2017 at 12:36 AM.

Plus Ben is much stronger than Luke. I would rate their invulnerability about the same but I doubt Luke could do this. I wonder these days if Ben is still a veteran since the age issue and all that. It's not possible for him or Reed to be a WWII veterans anymore. I think a lot of writers tend to downplay him in regards to his intelligence. He just acts like a regular guy but he's not dumb.
    Ben actively hides his intelligence. His language and joking about it was probably a habit he picked up back on Yancy St in his youth. But no one flies anything into space without being intelligent. His abilities piloting and with people are powerful tools in his arsenal. I'd like to see Ben use his brains on occasion to solve a problem or two in the new MTIO series. I do think he's smarter than Johnny (who is probably slightly above average intelligence himself). As for the MTIO cast, Vic's got to know Ben's smart. After all, wouldn't he have pulled Ben's course load and grades from college? After all, he's Dr. Doom. Not that Doom would be impressed but he should place Grimm at his proper position on the upper part of that bell curve of human intelligence.

Marvel Two-One is out December 20th only a few weeks away!

I hope that a lot of people give this book a shot. Even if you have a passing interest in the FF, at least the first issue a try.
    Last edited by Crimz; 11-30-2017 at 02:32 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!