Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Default Give a new love interest to emma frost

I'm not a fan of Emma or Jean waiting for cyclops (even though i like him)

I'm 100% sure Jean will find someone else as she should (I love scott/jean but she should explore other things. at least while he is dead)

but emma should explore other things too, this crazy ex-girlfriend act is tiresome and the idea of a woman being so dependant of a guy kind of mysoginistic.
    Like Jean, Emma has the oportunity to explore the character beyond the relationship with cyclops. to be more than that

who would you propose to be emma new love interest?

I'm liking her with Namor, he is handsome, rich and has a somewhat flexible moral

BANNED

Iceman for me.

Banshee. /thread

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Iceman for me.
    .................................................. .......

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Banshee. /thread
    Came here to say this, and I'm not even a big Emma/Banshee/OG Generation X fan. It's just quite obvious. Specially since he's also a villain now IIRC LOL.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Banshee. /thread

.................................................. .......
    Banshee is too old for Emma.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I'm not a fan of Emma or Jean waiting for cyclops (even though i like him)

I'm 100% sure Jean will find someone else as she should (I love scott/jean but she should explore other things. at least while he is dead)

but emma should explore other things too, this crazy ex-girlfriend act is tiresome and the idea of a woman being so dependant of a guy kind of mysoginistic.
    Like Jean, Emma has the oportunity to explore the character beyond the relationship with cyclops. to be more than that

who would you propose to be emma new love interest?

I'm liking her with Namor, he is handsome, rich and has a somewhat flexible moral
    -the most obvious one for me is Banshee, because most likely they would have become a couple in the 90s if Moira had not been alive then. And since Banshee is infected with the death seed used to turn people into Horsemen of Apocalypse, he probably wouldnt judge her too harshly for having killed inhumans (nobody knows how many) in IvX.
    That was very out of character for her, even when she was a supervillain in the 80s, the only innocent person whose death she is responsible as far as I know was a bodyguard of Firestar. The other people she killed before IvX were worse than her, like her sister (who put bombs in Emma's school and killed Synch), or people who had made plans to kill mutants by building sentinels.

-Another obvious one I wouldnt like is Havok. I wouldnt like it because Havok could be seen as the second best thing after Scott, and it may imply she is still obsessed with Scott, but settled for his brother.

-I hate Namor.

-The other obvious one is Shaw. Shaw isnt evil anymore since Emma mindwiped him. But it would be creepy for them to sleep together when she erased all his memories. He had to learn about his past by reading files. They were together in New Tian.

2 that have a similar personality to Emma, and even a similar colour scheme, are Dr Nemesis and Fantomex, but Nemesis may be too old for her (I think he looks like someone in his 50s), and Fantomex would probably flirt with other women, which Emma wouldnt tolerate.

Astonishing Member

I would like to see Emma with someone like Madison Jeffries, because I want to see the continuation of the "grab powerful conflicted repressed man and change him radically" thing she had with Cyclops.
    He was a completely different character before being brainwashed by Sinister in the 2000s to make robots for Weapon X. He was almost a Japanese giant robot action hero before, very different from his nerfed Utopia laboratory guy time.

jeffries.jpg

No one. Banshee is a horrible choice who was more interested in changing her then accepting her and that was more in a colleague sort of way.

Shaw is her abuser and put her face through a table. She also despises his role in Genosha, her hellions and Lourdes and Lelands deaths hence why she double crossed him in New Mutants.

The only viable choice mentioned here is Namor. But even so. I think the best option is no one.

Emma just needs the end to character assassination.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    No one. Banshee is a horrible who was more interested in changing her then accepting her and that was more in a colleague sort of way.

Shaw is her abuser and put her face through a table. She also despises his role in Genosha, her hellions and Lourdes and Lelands deaths hence why she double crossed him in New Mutants.

The only viable choice mentioned here is Namor. But even so. I think the best option is no one.
    Let Emma live. Her world doesn't have to stop.

People die. Life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Let Emma live. Her world doesn't have to stop.

People die. Life goes on.
    She needs a new editorial board. Not everyone needs a relationship and being in a relationship for the sake of being in a relationship adds nothing to Emma's character. The thing about Scott and Emma is that it was interesting because it worked in some weird way even though they were so dysfunctional.

So you're either copying that by putting her in a relationship with the likes of someone like Captain America which will always be seen as a copy or you give her the stale 90s relationship where everyone plays happy families which adds nothing and is regressive.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 11-12-2017 at 04:25 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

but Emma (and Jean) deserve better than keep crying for a guy forever.
    ¿do you want her to cry until scott comes back and then return to be his arm candy? it's that what her existence should be reduced?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    but Emma (and Jean) deserve better than keep crying for a guy forever.
    ¿do you want her to cry until scott comes back and then return to be his arm candy? it's that what her existence should be reduced?
    She can move on without being in a relationship. Relationships aren't very Emma. There is so much wrong with the current characterisation in regards to motivation. Her relationship status is one of the last things needed to be addressed.

Justice. Vance Astrovic.

Astonishing Member

What about Logan. It would be interesting and lead to some amusing moment's

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Banshee. There is no one else.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Banshee is too old for Emma.
    And Iceman is too gay.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey