BANNED

Default Incredible Hulk #710 - Preview

Despite myself, I actually enjoyed the last two issues. Yeah, I still want Banner/Hulk back and for Amadeus to going back to being just his super-intelligent, puny human self. But it just goes to show that Greg Pak does his best when writing serious stories, which sadly hasn't been a major take in his TAH run.

Anyway, here's the preview. Let's hope we're getting another issue closer to Banner and Hulk making their triumphant return.

https://www.cbr.com/incredible-hulk-710/

BANNED

I've personally enjoyed this run, but this issue looks amazing. I have to catch up.

This is fun, but I still can't help but laugh at all the blatant synergy/rehash of the original story.

I know there's differences, but still .

All these posers that call themselves Worldbreakers without breaking any world's

I know its not the case, but a big part of me would just want the above sequence to end revealing Cho's charred skeleton, and then we cut to Banner.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is fun, but I still can't help but laugh at all the blatant synergy/rehash of the original story.

I know there's differences, but still .
    Yeah, I know. It's basically a shorter, less epic, rehash of PLANET HULK. But so far, out of the entire TAH run, this arch has been the most enjoyable. And I look at it this way. It's one issue closer until, FINALLY, the real Hulk/Banner return and show everyone who is a true Worldbreaker and the Strongest One There Is.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    All these posers that call themselves Worldbreakers without breaking any world's
    Yeah, it is rather amusing. Amadeus' Hulk's most powerful blow so far has almost shattered Earth's moon. He'll never be as powerful as Banner/Hulk. That's simply a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I know its not the case, but a big part of me would just want the above sequence to end revealing Cho's charred skeleton, and then we cut to Banner.
    A part of me is like that, too. But the other part of me likes the story, as it's fun (even though a rehash of PLANET HULK mixed with Road Warrior, Mad Max and Gladiator) and has been the most enjoyable arch out of the entire TAH run. And I like the new characters of the reborn planet Sakaar.

Now would be the perfect time for Banner/Hulk to return, deactivate the nanites within Skaar, and take his on and the Warbound back to Sakaar. I'd personally love a new ongoing with Skaar and the Warbound, setting about to explore the reborn Sakaar, fighting giant monsters, barbarians, warlords, priestesses, sorcerers and all kinds of intriguing threats. Yeah, I know, it has a similar Conan vibe, but Conan isn't green...

Nor can Conan tear planets asunder with his bare hands or utilize an ancient, powerful energy that can break, heal, and/or hurl worlds across the cosmos.

Now that I think about it...

I would love to see Caiera be brought back to life, for unlike all others she loved Hulk and Banner equally. I could see her and Hulk ruling over Sakaar until the end of time, allowing Sakaar to branch out and become a galactic/universal power in the vast cosmos.

Freeing all slaves. Uniting all people and beings. Eliminating all galactic and universal threats. Saving worlds... and if need be, breaking worlds.
    Last edited by GreenScar1990; 11-13-2017 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    A part of me is like that, too. But the other part of me likes the story, as it's fun (even though a rehash of PLANET HULK mixed with Road Warrior, Mad Max and Gladiator) and has been the most enjoyable arch out of the entire TAH run. And I like the new characters of the reborn planet Sakaar.
    Yeah I have really enjoyed looking back at the Sakaar runs. Planet Hulk was John Carter of Mars. Skaar: Son of Hulk was a Conan type thing since the ruling class and capital city are gone and the power vacuum rushes to be filled. And now this, with it's Mad Max bent, after the planet got partially sucked dry by Galactus and the warring barbarians of Son of Hulk have given way to one Warlord, King of the barren wasteland where everyone's going to die eventually anyway. It's been interesting watching the progression of the planet over the last dozen years.

Now would be the perfect time for Banner/Hulk to return, deactivate the nanites within Skaar, and take his on and the Warbound back to Sakaar. I'd personally love a new ongoing with Skaar and the Warbound, setting about to explore the reborn Sakaar, fighting giant monsters, barbarians, warlords, priestesses, sorcerers and all kinds of intriguing threats.
    Since the portal has been left open, and they're apparently bringing Thor through (wheeee blatant movie tie-ins!), it'd be interesting if the arc ended with the Warbound coming through on the rebuilt stoneship, and lead to a new Savage World of Sakaar spinoff title.

I would love to see Caiera be brought back to life, for unlike all others she loved Hulk and Banner equally. I could see her and Hulk ruling over Sakaar until the end of time, allowing Sakaar to branch out and become a galactic/universal power in the vast cosmos.

Freeing all slaves. Uniting all people and beings. Eliminating all galactic and universal threats. Saving worlds... and if need be, breaking worlds.
    It's a shame that that War of Kings tie-in went no-where, and they never actually went to Sakaar to follow it up. Would have been interesting to see Sakaar as a political power in the universe. They're a bit of a melting pot planet, and it would be interesting to see the various other worlds the Shadow nested on team up with, say, the Kronans, the Brood, and insectoid Sakaaran natives, and the red-skins to form their own little galactic empire.

Okay, I admit I enjoyed this, pretty good issue. I'm guessing the distress call is how Thor end up here

Do we know how many issues this is going to be, total? The page count of the trade makes me think 6 or so.

Thank goodness Pak is as good a writer as he is because if he wasn't this arc, rehashing the Planet Hulk beats as much as it is, would be nowhere near as engaging or entertaining as it is.

I mean, there really isn't much to talk about other then "Planet Hulk with Amadeus Cho," but it's still fun.

BANNED

This issue was really good. Land is well suited for this kind of action and Pak is doing a good job of putting Cho to the test. It'll be interesting to see what kind of Hulk he'll be on the other side of this.

BANNED

Well, this was another solid entry. Very good in terms of art, action and story. It's a shame that Greg Pak didn't simply do this with the majority of his TAH run. He is at his best when doing a serious story without a bunch of unnecessary jokes and humor. He makes it feel like it's not just a complete rehash of the original PLANET HULK saga, which is a good thing to be honest.

It has me looking forward to the next issue.

With the exception of one page I found this issue to be pretty bland. I wanted to see more of the inner conflict between Hulk and Cho, as I feel that's where all the potential in this arc lies. The rest was just a Thunderdome meets the Hulk story. It wasn't bad, but it could have been totally awesome(sorry, couldn't resist). https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...t-hulk-part-2/