Default Wonder Woman Earth One volume 2 - August 2018

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...e-august-2018/

Per Bleeding Cool - Such a long ways off.

Wink

I want to see this comic again.. So, we should wait almost 1 year more..

Can't wait for this. I actually met Yannick Paquette at NYCC a while back. He said things are moving along nicely with this book. I'm really looking forward to it, if only to see Wonder Woman play baseball.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Very much looking forward to this

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

At least we have a concrete date for this. I'm way more excited for this than anything going with canon Wonder Woman in the immediate future.

I dearly hope this ends up being more than just a trilogy. Keep them coming!

Extraordinary Member

Can't wait!!!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I'm so happy with this news and looking forward to a sci-fi version of Wonder Woman again. The always great Yanick Paquette art will be a treat too.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

I'm super looking forward to this but I've got mixed feelings about Paquette's artwork to be honest, it's undeniably beautiful but almost too sexy for my taste, did Paula really need to be all sexed-up too? and then the only plain-looking girls in the bunch, the holliday girls, get really nasty comments, that was a bit tactless imo, I don't know what to make of it

Mighty Member

Cool, thanks

I thought the first was fun. This one looks really charming as well. Hope the third will follow shortly.

I thought fandom was divided over the first volume?

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    I'm super looking forward to this but I've got mixed feelings about Paquette's artwork to be honest, it's undeniably beautiful but almost too sexy for my taste, did Paula really need to be all sexed-up too? and then the only plain-looking girls in the bunch, the holliday girls, get really nasty comments, that was a bit tactless imo, I don't know what to make of it
    Do you mean some of the Amazons like Mala mocking them, and Etta in particular? We're not supposed to agree with her. And that was pretty much being true to the attitude of the Amazons in the Golden Age who were all glamorous supermodels, except now the narrative is calling them out on it instead of agreeing with them. The one plus sized Amazon we saw in the Golden Age was named "Fatsis" and Mala referred to her as a tub of lard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    It doesn't take much to get the WW fandom divided. But I think more people liked it than not.

Also, we're stuck with a story about her brother in the main continuity, so maybe even the detractors of the first volume think this looks vastly more interesting in comparison.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Well, I'm divided over it. Overall, I'd say there is more good than bad, so, I still look forward to volume 2 (even if just for the beautiful art). But, there are some things I wish I could have revised during the creation of volume 1.

I read it recently and thought it was good. I'd be interested in seeing where volume 2 goes. Some of the dialogue was weird but i think that's a Morrison thing.

I read the true amazon around the same time and i preferred it more
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-09-2017 at 08:00 PM.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Do you mean some of the Amazons like Mala mocking them, and Etta in particular? We're not supposed to agree with her. And that was pretty much being true to the attitude of the Amazons in the Golden Age who were all glamorous supermodels, except now the narrative is calling them out on it instead of agreeing with them. The one plus sized Amazon we saw in the Golden Age was named "Fatsis" and Mala referred to her as a tub of lard.
    And this is what Morrison took away from those Golden Age Wonder Woman comics, he zeroed in on all the superficial stuff. Marston never referred to NORMAL looking girls as "deformed" to the best of my recollection, Morrison used some pretty powerful words in a book that, otherwise, didn't have anything to say
    Last edited by VonHammersmark; 12-10-2017 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    And this is what Morrison took away from those Golden Age Wonder Woman comics, he zeroed in on all the superficial stuff. Marston never referred to NORMAL looking girls as "deformed" to the best of my recollection, Morrison used some pretty powerful words in a book that, otherwise, didn't have anything to say
    Morrison didn't refer to normal looking girls as deformed, he had Mala do it. And we're not meant to side with her. Althea refers to Etta in the same way, but with her it comes from a place of medical concern, as the dietary habits that caused Etta to be that size wouldn't exist in their way of life. Life isn't politically correct/nice, so characters don't have to be either. The Golden Age Amazons were proud of the fact that their Amazon training made them strong while maintaining "Venus Proportions," so they weren't muscle bound like female weight lifters and got to be more conventionally "beautiful." Top female athletes were brought to Paradise island to compete against the Amazons in one of the Cheetah stories, and they were depicted as being superior (hard not to cheer for Priscilla a little bit in that issue). So Morrison is depicting the Amazons as they were, just not siding with them on everything the way Marston did. He also had Diana resolve the whole situation without violence, which is very much in keeping with what Diana should act like.