Default Doctor Who Titan Titles

Does anyone pick up any of the Doctor Who comics from Titan and if so which ones and do you enjoy them?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member

They can be split up into Doctor ranges, and then by Year. Titan started out with Tenth Doctor, Eleventh Doctor and Twelfth Doctor, the first Year was fifteen or so issues each. Like the Doctor Who Magazine comics they had a story arc going between the individual storylines. I can personally recommend the Weeping Angels of Mons storyline in the Tenth Doctor Year 1 run.

Year 2 was similar, but the Eleventh Doctor run was more of an ongoing story involving River Song and the Time War. The Twelfth Doctor run was a bit different, as the last four or five issues were after Clara left but before Bill began, leaving Twelve with a few short-term original companions. Year 3, again similar.

The Ninth Doctor was initially a mini-series, Weapons of Past Destruction, before getting an ongoing run with Rose and Captain Jack. Other mini-series have included the Eighth Doctor (with new companion Josie Day), Fourth Doctor (with Sarah) and Third Doctor (with Jo Grant and UNIT). A Seventh Doctor mini-series was teased earlier this year at a convention, but there's been no news on companion, story or creative team since then.

Events are The Four Doctors, Supremacy of the Cybermen and the recently completed Lost Dimension. Four Doctors and Supremacy were five issue mini-series with Doctors 10-12 and 9-12 respectively. Lost Dimension was different in that while it started and ended with special issues, along with a couple of other specials in between, the other four issues were from the ongoing Doctor Who titles at the time, thus focusing on those Doctor and companion sets. Four Doctors is the best of the three IMO. Lost Dimension is ranked second place, but I felt it had too many issues (which is ironic considering my main complaint about the worst). Supremacy of the Cybermen had four different storylines that don't interact squeezed into five issues (so you had four or five pages at best with each storyline each issue) with notorious release delays and poor art.

There's also the Ghost Stories mini-series, which features the Twelfth Doctor, Grant, Lucy and an older Jennifer from last year's Christmas special.

Torchwood has just started the third mini-series. Personally I'm not a fan of the Torchwood titles, and I'm a huge Torchwood fan. They're basically a follow-up to the Torchwood novel The Exodus Code from four or five years ago, written by John Barrowman and his sister. That's not mentioned until the Previously On in issue 1, and issue 1 is a poor jumping on point.

When Year 3 wraps up Titan will be taking a break for several months to tighten their titles, so that someone could conceivably afford everything.

I'm sad to say that, just like the IDW Doctor Who comics, the Titan Who comics are pretty dreadful. More often than not the writing is overly campy and tends to pander to a very young audience. As a Doctor Who fan for 40-years now, Who just doesn't seem to work in comics. I recommend hunting down some of the early Fourth Doctor stories that were published in Doctor Who Weekly back in the Seventies and Eighties. Those were fun and had some gorgeous art. They've been reprinted by Marvel and IDW over the decades.

If high-camp and generally mediocre artwork is your thing, then sample Titan's Who.

I enjoyed 11 and 10's comics more than 12's which is ironic because im a bigger fan of 12 than 11.

I haven't read them yet, but if you're interested, the Year One editions are out in November/December.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

If anybody knows anything about future year one editions, I'm thinking of 8th doctor and earlier, I'd love to know as I can't find anything and don't want to buy HCs if the year one edition is incoming
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I'm enjoying the 10th and 12th Doctor runs. The 12th Doctor is about to face the weeping angels in the next storyline. Haven't read any of the others, but you have the 3rd, 4th, 8th and 9th with books as well. So give some a try. You favorite Doctor may be coming out soon.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

The Weeping Angels are probably my favourite 'monster', so I'm glad to hear that they are getting attention in the comics

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    The Weeping Angels are probably my favourite 'monster', so I'm glad to hear that they are getting attention in the comics
    They were in the early Tenth Doctor arc The Weeping Angels of Mons, collected in the trade of that name, or the Year One trade.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    They were in the early Tenth Doctor arc The Weeping Angels of Mons, collected in the trade of that name, or the Year One trade.
    Yep and it was really good. The art and they way they were drawn made them look really sinister.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Yep and it was really good. The art and they way they were drawn made them look really sinister.
    If you want more Angels, Big Finish have set them up against the Doctor a couple of times. The Fifth Doctor in the Classic Doctors New Monsters story Fallen Angels and the Doom Coalition 4 story The Side of the Angels (which also includes the Meddling Monk and other Time Lords).

Thanks for the heads up! I am slowly making my way through Big Finish, only 4 episodes in though

I wish the 12th doctor comics did more with the 24 years he spent with river in the holiday special and the 50 years he and Nardole spent guarding missy.