Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member DetectiveStrange's Avatar

Default With All the Changes, What Do You Want from the Super-Line?

We're in store for a major shake up in the Super-titles. The books will look very different:
    - post-Rebirth
    - post-Doomsday Clock
    - post-Berganza
    - post AC #1000
    - with Bendis (& maybe Hickman, Waid, & artists Bendis frequently collaborates with) at DC
    (we don't know for certain Bendis' be on a SM book, but I think it very likely)
    - with the return on the Legion

What directions do you think they'll take in the upcoming year? What would you like to see?

Personally I'd love to see a focus on building the world of Metroplois, Hickman on a book, and the return of a certain bottled city...
    Last edited by DetectiveStrange; 11-13-2017 at 12:38 PM.

I think we'll see The Kents (Post Doomsday Clock) and Conor restored (In Detective Comics since Tim's the one looking for him).

I want a Daily Planet Book with Bendis
    I want Hickman on Legion
    I think Berganza will be replaced by someone potentially like Jurgens but I dont want him to stop on Action and Batman Beyomd

BANNED

Won't it be another year before we see what the books will look like after Doomsday Clock? To my understanding, every book in 2018 leads up to Doomsday Clock, so we won't see what the Super-line will resemble in the present until November 2018 at least.

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

I want Bendis to stay the hell away from the Superman titles. I hate his writing and always have.

I'd like more focus on the supporting characters we haven't really seen in years -- Pete Ross (how he's handling his divorce with Lana, which hasn't been mentioned), Lucy Lane and Ron Troupe (is their marriage canonical again? It should be).

I'm sure the Kents are dead and staying dead. I would like it established that Pa Kent died exactly as he did in Action Comics several years ago, and Ma died shortly after -- we just didn't see it. So yes, they knew Lois well and DID meet Jon.

And I'll be happy to see Connor Kent/Kon-El back, although if he's "Superboy" he won't be sticking around in the 21st century very long. (Long live the Legion!)

And Clark/Lois and Lor-Zod remembering each other -- which means we could talk about "Chris Kent" again (the "Last Son" story could easily be canonical again if you place it back far enough, maybe shortly after Clark and Lois got married).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TruthAndJustice View Post
    I want Bendis to stay the hell away from the Superman titles. I hate his writing and always have.

I'd like more focus on the supporting characters we haven't really seen in years -- Pete Ross (how he's handling his divorce with Lana, which hasn't been mentioned)
    Don't forget Lana and Pete's kid...because it sure as hell looks like Lana did. Is the kid in Pete's care? Why doesn't Lana want to see him? Considering Jurgens came up with her having a child, you'd think it'd be something he'd cover over in Action by now.

BANNED

The kid, and her marriage to Pete are probably not canon even Post-Reborn.

I think its very premature at this stage to say we're in for any major changes at all, regardless what's going on behind-the-scenes. Both narratively and creatively, there's no guarantee things won't just stay as they are.

As for what I'd like, there's a tons of things I'd like to see changed. None of which has any realistic chance of happening. For realistic wants, the only thing I hope for is no timeline changes that contradict confirmed events of what we know of the Rebirth/Reborn timeline as it exists now, outside of restoring Conner, which appears already in the works. I don't think that's asking too much, as there's a wealth of glossed over time that can be filled in as one pleases with no contradictions. But that does mean a few big things, like keeping the Kents dead and not even changing the means. They died when Clark was a teen, its been established, so keep it that way. Chris Kent also looks like a scratch as its heavily insinuated that the new Lor-Zod is indeed a completely repackaged character.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-13-2017 at 09:45 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Im with Sacred in that I actually dont want to see much shake up at all.

Things are pretty solid right now. Not exactly what I'd do myself, but its still decent. Build on that. Don't f**k with it and change things around for no reason.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member DetectiveStrange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Won't it be another year before we see what the books will look like after Doomsday Clock? To my understanding, every book in 2018 leads up to Doomsday Clock, so we won't see what the Super-line will resemble in the present until November 2018 at least.
    Now that you mention it, you're right, I'm guessing that if we're going to see any major changes, they're probably going to be starting in late 2018 at the earliest.

Astonishing Member

-Revive the Superboy book with Conner
    -quarantine bendis on Superman/Batman or World's Finest
    -new writer on Action Comics

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I think its very premature at this stage to say we're in for any major changes at all, regardless what's going on behind-the-scenes.
    I agree.

Besides restoring Conner, I'm not looking for any particular changes I can think of right now. Build on what we have with Rebirth.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Just hope there's nothing too despairing in the lead-up to Doomsday Clock

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'd ideally like to see the entirety of the current status quo be tossed out.

I'm game for just a simple shake up, though. Just open the windows and let some air get in for once.

Astonishing Member

We had plenty of "shakeups" when Idelson was running the Superbooks.

No one frankly wants another seven years of revolving door creators leaving at the drop of a pin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I'd ideally like to see the entirety of the current status quo be tossed out.
    Considering how well received the current status quo is, you're out of luck there mate