Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance but who the f is Gabby?
    X-23's Sister/Clone.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Hmm, what power sets have been filled out and which haven't. We have a psychic, a brickhouse, fighters, a teleporter...
    Some sort of elemental controller / energy blaster, perhaps? There's not a ton of long-range firepower in this group, so someone able to shoot lasers or lightning or create darkforce constructs would be useful, or someone able to manipulate air/earth/water.

Gentle and Namor are both 'tanks.' Laura and Gabby are both close-in melee 'scrappers,' as is Nightcrawler. Jean just does whatever an OP person with all the powers does. That leaves room for a long-range 'blaster' like Cyclops or Havok, or an elemental 'controller' like Storm or Iceman.

The name, Trinary, on the other hand, suggests some sort of power based around the number three (she's got three different powersets that she changes between, assembling/creating matter, preserving/strengthening matter, or disintegrating/destroying matter? or she splits into three different forms, with different roles, like a splitting off an astral form from a melee tank body or something, a mind/body/spirit split?).

Or she could represent a third 'non-binary' state of matter and energy and be able to make stuff appear and disappear. Or it could have something to do with an upgrade of the binary computer language and her be able to manipulate and control computers, or 'hack' and 'code' reality itself. Or she could have the strength, toughness, reflexes and intelligence of three girls, and / or be triplets able to merge together into a 3X capable form and triplicate for when three sets of hands (and pairs of eyes, and brains, etc.) are needed.

Or it could be something silly. She's like Carol Danvers in her 'Binary' form, but 50% more powerful, thus, Trinary! (Just kidding! The new girl won't be allowed to overshadow Jean on her own team!)

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’m now rooting super hard for an X-men Black to replace Weapon X. Or just add Cable and Deadpool to Weapon X, and replace OML with real Logan.
    Omg yes!!! I didn’t know I needed X-men: Black until this very minute

Kurt is doing double duty. He’s not leaving Gold according to Mark. More Nightcrawler is always good!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    X-23's Sister/Clone.
    Oh, ok. I guess that’s what the fans were asking for.

What a completely dull team. I really was expecting more.

And either Rogue or Gambit aren't even important enough to be on the cover? What a massive let down.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    The problem in the long term with no "executive producer" is that there's no central control of the story. Everyone does essentially what they want. If a tv show was run like that and writers just did whatever stories they wanted would go a million directions at once. Writers only want to deal with their characters because they don't want to have to coordinate with writers on other books. For example, Taylor avoids using Rachel because he doesn't want to have to spend extra time figuring out what happened before with Rachel and Jean and whether what he's written before works.

There needs to be someone who functions as the executive producer in charge to have an ongoing story where tangents don't get completely dropped.

Back when Dan Abnett was writing New Mutants, there was the first on panel interaction between Rachel and Nate Grey. Dan was asked why he didn't make a bigger deal about this. His response was that he wasn't sure about whether they had met before and decided to completely avoid even addressing it. Something people had highly anticipated became the a gigantic let down. Dan actually apologized. But that's going to keep happening because every writer wants to be off in their own little universe and avoiding everyone else unless forced to do a crossover.

I'd rather have staff writers being told to write stories based on a plan than all of these individual guys doing whatever they want. Say for example Hope and Jean don't meet and finally their first interaction on panel is - nothing. And the writer is more concerned with plot-of-the-arc than any major character interaction because it's too much work.
    Honestly I would love to have this job. Not executive producer, but being the person who helps the writers figure out the past histories and interactions of the characters. Like being a source of info they can easily consult for any questions pertaining to the history of the series. I would even have charts and profiles and everything! I'd do it for minimum wage! Hire me Marvel pls?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    What a completely dull team. I really was expecting more.

And either Rogue or Gambit aren't even important enough to be on the cover? What a massive let down.
    Or they're joining late.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance but who the f is Gabby?
    I didn't know who she was either, but I think she is a younger cloned sister of Laura/X-23.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

That's quite an interesting cast. I hope Trinary would be a great addition to the X-Books and it's nice to see another New X-Man joining the X-Men along with Laura. I'd like for Jean to do something different than before and getting involved with more people sounds nice. Looks like she isn't very Phoenixy either on this cover at least.

Still sad they chose Gabby and Namor instead of Northstar, Polaris or Dazzler.

I'll be checking it out because of the new characters, the art and the writer.

What I really hope is that with Jean and Wolverine getting back to life they'll get rid of alternate versions of characters and the Blue and Gold line-ups will change too. Gambit will go to Red; Wolverine could join Gold with Storm, Kitty, Colossus, Prestige and maybe Northstar and Polaris; Blue could be Astonishing with Professor X (in Fantomex's body), Psylocke, Rogue, Bishop, Archangel, Mystique and Magneto.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 11-13-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Or they're joining late.
    Or they aren't important to the book enough to put them on the cover.

I was really expecting more from the book Jean would be in. This cast is completely forgettable. The team Jean returns to after so long really deserved to have an all star cast.

Like... the Team doesn't really look that bad, I'm liking Kurt in there and the new girl looks promising... but overall IDK, I feel like Jean deserved kind of like... better?

BANNED

So Kurt will be in GOLD AND RED?

So maybe Storm does leave? Or maybe Rachel dies? Hence Kurt being Jean's ally?

Also, "XMEN BLACK" is NOT a new team, it's been confirmed.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post

Also, "XMEN BLACK" is NOT a new team, it's been confirmed.
    Where was this confirmed?