Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Default New X-Factor Book. Pitch it.

There are some situations that other Marvel U teams teams do not have time to tackle and go unnoticed or they think are to silly to deal with, this is where X-Factor Investigations steps in. Cases that are overlooked by others are solved by the team. These cases would revolve around all corners of the Marvel U and not be limited in the X-verse giving the writer more flexibilty to write different types of stories from noir,science fiction,magic and horror. Step into the different aspects of the Marvel U with some x-characters with this new series.

The team would be sanctioned and have a S.H.E.I.D. correspondent as a go between in certain circumstances. Based in D.C. they would operate as a group that would perform peacekeeping,security,and crime solving tasks for people requesting help and other world governments or hero groups in the Marvel U.

The squad would be several X-men that have worked as members of X-factor or the X-men.The members would have several areas of expertise for certain situations that are overlooked making every member selected for a mission vital.The team wants to prevent as much loss of life as possible and would make sure crowd control, security,preventing civilian causulities, and destruction of property.

This mission statement allows for members of the team to appear in other books performing such tasks with non X-related Marvel heroes.

Polaris Team Leader it is time for her to have a leading role in a book.I think this is the book for her. This gives Lorna the opportunity to shine and establish her name.It's only a matter of time that she steps out the shadow of her past and moves forward. This is the perfect place for it to happen.

Bishop I think it's time for the detective to be in a book that could allow him to explore cases all over the Marvel U.I see Bishop as a leader and lead detective that also is a expert in crowd control and security. This could give him more of a role in the X-verse and MU.Bishop will be able to display his versatility in dealing with different aspects of his life not touched on as much,like a working and personal relationship with Sage.

Sage The character that i think fits this book. This book would portray the plots being solved thru different angles and Sages powers would interact well in this fashion. She will be the one that no matter what tries to hold everything together including a relationship with Bishop.Another character that i think deserves to be more active in the greater Marvel U.

Multiple Man I want him back on the team it can happen.He would be the heart and soul of the team. I think this book deserves some comic relief and even a unfunny Jamie can accomplish that.I think he can bring both comedy and a sense of someone out of place in this crazy world about to be explored.

Mystique Brings Drama and mystery what would be her reasoning for being on the team. Mystique has made a name for herself impersonating others, but what is her real endgame. Maybe this series provides insight to actions.

Doc Nemesis Perfect for this series as a matter of fact he is also a great opponent for this team. A squad like this needs a science guy it was between him and Forge either one will do but i like Doc Nemesis to interact with this group bringing a different type of X-character in the fray.

Additional reoccurring characters they will be members and staff of the team visible in the background and integral to the team and overall focus of the book. That being solving problems thru various routes and options.

Quicksilver i would put him on the main team but i want him to be a full time member that drops in when he wants. I like the idea of Quicksilver using his super speed to pop in and help the team,but still maintaining his personality that everyone else moves slow and inconveniences him,but on a larger and more personal scale.

Forge would be the Tech and Mystical senior operative of the team. I want Forge to display his mystical knowledge and display ways that it can be incorporated with his mutant gifts. also a history with Mystique adds a element to be explored.

Havok I like the idea of X-Factor solving the case of Havok still being inverted or not. Friend or foe he is a former leader of X-factor.

Monet This would be another unresolved case that X-Factor would take up and provide a view of X-Factor trying to solve problems that could not be punched away.

Writer: Al Ewing or Peter David

Artist: Jesus Saiz or Mark Smallwood.
    Last edited by Tazpocalapse; 11-16-2017 at 03:42 PM.

A response to the Defenders, I would pitch a team that is a little bit X-Factor Investigations, a little bit X-Force, that monitors the situation of the streets of NY (and subsequently a rebirthed Mutant Town), especially with the prevalence of mutant-produced drugs and slavery. Still heavy on the comedy and a heavy focus on the hilarity and friction between the cast, the book would also be more action-oriented than it's predecessors. They would also crossover a bit more with Daredevil, the Night Nurses (Cecilia among them), Jessica Jones, Miles Morales, and other street-level heroes.

Cast: Bishop, John Maddox, Wolfsbane, Rictor, Monet, Cece Reyes, and Domino

Writer: David Walker, Christina Strain, or Matthew Rosenberg
    Artist: Mark Smallwood, Nick Draggotta, or ACO

Repeat of my thoughts that I posted in the old ANXF when it was revived recently.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    My feeling in regards to Lorna being on X-Factor if it were to happen is pretty much this, and it may not be a comprehensive view. I may forget to include some things.

• Adult/616 Lorna should never be just a team member of X-Factor again unless she's leading a team elsewhere or has a solo book.
    • Characters on X-Factor should be just as deeply involved in X-Men and Marvel events as any other characters. If "she's on X-Factor" is treated like a reason she can't be part of events, then she shouldn't be on X-Factor.
    • Lorna should be able to interact with her father. Peter David's spurning of Magneto and Lorna's history with him in favor of "Lorna haet dad grr" was a huge downside for X-Factor and ANXF.
    • Simultaneously, Lorna shouldn't be defined entirely by who the men are in her life. Peter David didn't have this problem, but Marvel has this problem regularly.
    • Lorna's own history and development should be acknowledged and used, with some understanding and empathy behind it. Marvel's gone a long time using her while refusing to really understand her beyond specific caricatures they like to reduce her to. Peter David had this problem throughout his recent X-Factor and ANXF work with Lorna, with the worst of it being from ANXF #3-6, but I think he was getting better. Key thing was he needed to acknowledge Lorna's had development that Peter David didn't give her, and that development without him was perfectly good. There are ways he could have built on what's there or added new dimensions nobody else provided yet.
    • Lorna should have some variation of her iconic costume. This isn't a make or break thing, but it means more than a lot of hardcore readers think it does.

That's all that comes to mind. I've said many times before that I thought ANXF was really bad for Lorna from #3-6 but that it was getting better. I'm open to a revival with problem areas dealt with or at least an attempt to deal with them.

However, my personal top preference is still either a full-fledged Polaris solo or a new team, ideally written by a female writer since I think there's much less chance of a female writer showing problems we've seen with the male writers Lorna's had so far. I've cited Liu's four-issue Iceman arc multiple times specifically because within one page's worth of panels, she took a closer look at Lorna and who she is than many writers manage to do across an entire run.
    As I say within that, my preference for Lorna is a full-fledged Polaris solo or running an entirely new and different team. Ideally, what Lorna is on should be written by a female writer. I increasingly think part of what's held her back has been male-focused attitudes about the way women and comic books should be that I think are less likely with female writers. I also think male writers have a tendency to put their egos above story and characters. The matter of ego makes the difference between acknowledging and using good past work by other writers, or ignoring past work by other writers in favor of trying to "own" the character.

I'm open to her potentially being on a new X-Factor. It's definitely not my first pick, but I'm open to it. But, if she were to be on X-Factor, it should be for actual good reasons and intent. It shouldn't sever her ties or kill her potential. It shouldn't exile her from events and interactions outside X-Factor. There should be no sense of it "putting Lorna in her place" as if X-Factor is all she can be. That's what set me off when her returning to X-Factor with Havok was announced around 2012. It gave off the impression that Marvel saw her as a worthless nobody character whose only possible value came from her bygone era on X-Factor as a supporting character for Havok. Any move by Marvel that comes across to me as holding her back and throwing her into a past she's developed past is a move I won't support.

There's acknowledging and working with the past to pursue her full potential, then there's keeping a character trapped in the past and holding back her potential. I want the former, not the latter. I'm open to Lorna on X-Factor if it's doing the former.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

A lot of my thoughts line up with Taz's.

For the lineup, I'd have Polaris as the lead character. I feel like she was foisted upon PAD's X-Factor during Schism and he really made her shine. With her role in The Gifted, it's also prime time to put her at the forefront of a book for cross-promoting purposes.

I loved Bishop and Sage's partnership, and would put them in charge. They get along great, and they're pretty similar for the most part, but I could see their differences really play well with Polaris' personality. Sage as the calculating and logical mission control is an obvious foil for Polaris' more emotional, gut-based style. Bishop is usually pretty by-the-book, but is also pretty quick to throw it out when it means doing the right thing. I could see him and Polaris having a bunch of initial friction, but ultimately understanding and respecting each other.

Banshee hasn't been in action to my knowledge since Remender's run on Uncanny Avengers. Now depocalypsed, he joins at Polaris' invitation, since she's been in the same situation he's currently in. Being a former cop, investigator, and crook, he's got tons of experience on both sides of the law. I also think he and Bishop would have some fun interactions based on their view of the law form different time periods.

Forge would swing between Sage's #2 and going in the field. He and Banshee go way back, and he's probably pretty worried about his bro and wants to be there to watch his back as much as possible.

With Gentle showing up in Red, it gives me a ton of hope that the Academy X kids won't be forgotten. I'd put Surge on this team because she deserves a spot somewhere, and given her introductory arc, I'd imagine she'd have a stake in a street-oriented team. She and Polaris would probably get along famously.

Take inspiration from pop culture, (such as My Hero Academia and One Punch Man) and make revive the Marvel NOW! era X-Factor concept, and mix it with X-Statix. Professional superheroes with high death rate. Different characters have two different rankings:
    Level and Rating. Level would take the idea of different "levels" of heroes (ex. Street level) and rating would take the idea of how popular a character is (Ex. A-lister, b-lister, etc.)
    Mostly new casts of X-characters. Have rotating cast, and make sure each character is well developed and fleshed out.
    Mainstays/pre-existing characters would be Bishop and Surge.

BANNED

I would prefer an Uncanny X-factor.
    Polaris is like a leader.
    First six issues is flashback that recounts how All-New X-Factor finish. In the end of first arc Polaris wants to create new team.
    Second six issues Lorna searches for members in a new team:
    First recruts: Strong Guy and Wolfsbane. Flashbacks how Guido escaped from hell and how he reconciled with Rahne.
    Next story about Shatterstar and Rictor how they back to 616. Next recruts are Danger and Darwin.
    Comics will be in the style of X-Files with elements of action(They will confront mutants, inhumans and magic). In the final story, they will confront Theresa Cassidy.

Astonishing Member

Bishop and Sage are perfect for X-Factor, I remember how Morrison refered to them as "Mutant Detectives" in New X-Men (they were brought in to investigate Emma's murder)
    IIRC Bishop was also a detective in District X

Bishop Sage
    Madrox Layla Miller
    Rictor and Shatterstar

thats a good team

Bishop not being in XFI was a wasted opportunity. Plus we needed more of Raimondi’s smokey Bishop.

X-factor should be the new Unity Squad. That team shouldn't be tied to the Avengers anymore. "X-factor" makes sense as a collection of outcasts trying to work together for the sake of unity.

The team would be based in the Savage Land, where they'd build a safe haven for all people: a new Genosha where humans, mutants, inhumans and all others could peacefully coexist.

The team would operate globally to set and example and make New Genosha's reality possible for all nations.

The cast:

Polaris - the one who set out to rebuild Genosha and make sure it finds lasting peace this time.
    Rogue - co-leader with Polaris. Rogue would act as an ambassador of their cause amongst the superhuman community.
    Quicksilver - wants to make the world a better place for his daughter and help get Genosha right.
    Synapse - a representative of the Inhumans. She'd be there to make sure Genosha doesn't become another segregated nation.
    Beast - sees the Unity Squad as his road to redemption and a scape from past mistakes.
    Wonder Man - wants to use his fame as a means of bringing the cause forward. Also there to help Beast.
    Brother Voodoo - he knows what prejudice can do to a people. He hears the cries of dead Genoshans and vows to avoid something like that from ever happening again.
    Danger - acting as Genosha's defense system, nothing could get through her senses. She'd be set on giving the populace the freedom she's never had.

I like the idea of X-Factor as a Mutant Underground type book, playing off of the new show ‘The Gifted.’ With Polaris, Bishop, Sage, Wolfsbane, Warpath, Shatterstar...maybe a few others.

And if that’s the case, I’d take the Weapon X book in a totally different direction. Make it more like the old X-Corporation concept of global mutant search and rescue. Throw in Cable as its head. Replace OML with real Logan. Maybe a few other shake-ups.

Here is how I would start the book:

Monet, still struggling with the essence of Emulate, convinced herself that X-Factor is needed and that she needs X-Factor and there is only one person who can make X-Factor work: Madrox.

She search globally for someone who would be able to and want to risk going back in time only to find Eva Bell, living in an apartment in Australia. M confronts her, delves into her mind to find how she spent years in the future and how she helped Xavier erase a mutants existence. She is the only one stupid enough to risk every to save one man.

They turn up to Muir Island mere minutes before the Terrigin sweeps through and kills all of Jamie. M waits until they begin to die off when she uses her powers to severe the connection of a dupe to the Prime, and they bring it to the present. Nothing changes. As Jamie wakes up, he experiences his death over one hundred times but vows to reform the X-Factor team alongside M and Tempus.

Characters:

Madrox: A dupe from the past who became the Prime (since the others are dead). He has PTSD from experiencing his death but also feels the burden of living when he should be dead. However, with the resurgence of mutants, the time for X-Factor is no greater.

M: Hidden within her lies a murderer and she tries to keep it that way. Tempus is the only one who knows and they often come to blows since M knows her secrets - but over time they find respect for each other over their tortured pasts.

Tempus: Still coming to terms with losing her family, she is given an opportunity from X-Factor to start a fresh and doesn't want to fail it.

Hijack: Brought along by Tempus, Hijack no longer considers himself a 'new mutant' and wants to be something more than artist.

Syrin: She returns to X-Factor with a knock on the door and a dozen Purifiers behind her. She remembers only fragments of the world ending before the darkness. Laying comatose for some time she wakes to find Madrox and Cyclops dead, Emma a villain, and the X-Men in Central Park. Terry has been separated from the Morrigan and can no longer speak. I would also like to investigate the whereabouts of her father

Rictor and Shatterstar.

Just a few ideas
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I like the idea of X-Factor as a Mutant Underground type book, playing off of the new show ‘The Gifted.’ With Polaris, Bishop, Sage, Wolfsbane, Warpath, Shatterstar...maybe a few others.

And if that’s the case, I’d take the Weapon X book in a totally different direction. Make it more like the old X-Corporation concept of global mutant search and rescue. Throw in Cable as its head. Replace OML with real Logan. Maybe a few other shake-ups.
    All your posts are “maybe throw in Cable” lol

Can you post with mentioning Cable?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    X-factor should be the new Unity Squad. That team shouldn't be tied to the Avengers anymore. "X-factor" makes sense as a collection of outcasts trying to work together for the sake of unity.

The team would be based in the Savage Land, where they'd build a safe haven for all people: a new Genosha where humans, mutants, inhumans and all others could peacefully coexist.

The team would operate globally to set and example and make New Genosha's reality possible for all nations.

The cast:

Polaris - the one who set out to rebuild Genosha and make sure it finds lasting peace this time.
    Rogue - co-leader with Polaris. Rogue would act as an ambassador of their cause amongst the superhuman community.
    Quicksilver - wants to make the world a better place for his daughter and help get Genosha right.
    Synapse - a representative of the Inhumans. She'd be there to make sure Genosha doesn't become another segregated nation.
    Beast - sees the Unity Squad as his road to redemption and a scape from past mistakes.
    Wonder Man - wants to use his fame as a means of bringing the cause forward. Also there to help Beast.
    Brother Voodoo - he knows what prejudice can do to a people. He hears the cries of dead Genoshans and vows to avoid something like that from ever happening again.
    Danger - acting as Genosha's defense system, nothing could get through her senses. She'd be set on giving the populace the freedom she's never had.
    To me this is THE idea of the ones on this thread. As usual Factor I think I remember you coming up with awesome ideas for books before. You SERIOUSLY should try becoming a writer.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    Here is how I would start the book:

Monet, still struggling with the essence of Emulate, convinced herself that X-Factor is needed and that she needs X-Factor and there is only one person who can make X-Factor work: Madrox.

She search globally for someone who would be able to and want to risk going back in time only to find Eva Bell, living in an apartment in Australia. M confronts her, delves into her mind to find how she spent years in the future and how she helped Xavier erase a mutants existence. She is the only one stupid enough to risk every to save one man.

They turn up to Muir Island mere minutes before the Terrigin sweeps through and kills all of Jamie. M waits until they begin to die off when she uses her powers to severe the connection of a dupe to the Prime, and they bring it to the present. Nothing changes. As Jamie wakes up, he experiences his death over one hundred times but vows to reform the X-Factor team alongside M and Tempus.

Characters:

Madrox: A dupe from the past who became the Prime (since the others are dead). He has PTSD from experiencing his death but also feels the burden of living when he should be dead. However, with the resurgence of mutants, the time for X-Factor is no greater.

M: Hidden within her lies a murderer and she tries to keep it that way. Tempus is the only one who knows and they often come to blows since M knows her secrets - but over time they find respect for each other over their tortured pasts.

Tempus: Still coming to terms with losing her family, she is given an opportunity from X-Factor to start a fresh and doesn't want to fail it.

Hijack: Brought along by Tempus, Hijack no longer considers himself a 'new mutant' and wants to be something more than artist.

Syrin: She returns to X-Factor with a knock on the door and a dozen Purifiers behind her. She remembers only fragments of the world ending before the darkness. Laying comatose for some time she wakes to find Madrox and Cyclops dead, Emma a villain, and the X-Men in Central Park. Terry has been separated from the Morrigan and can no longer speak. I would also like to investigate the whereabouts of her father

Rictor and Shatterstar.

Just a few ideas
    This one is OK except no Polaris feels like a waste, also Monet is already known by the Gen X squad that Emplate is there I think
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Uncanny X-Factor

In light of the recent resurgence of Mutants following the end of both the Decimation and the M-Pox virus, mutant-human relations are once again tumultuous. With more and more mutants appearing in the world these days, the world government reinstates the X*S*E - the X-Factor Sanctions Executive. With a direct connection to SHIELD, X-Factor operates as a mix of the government-run X-Factor of the 1990's, the wetworks X-Force squad, Claremont's X-Treme X-Men, and the Thunderbolts.

Cast
    Polaris - Team Leader
    Bishop
    Mystique
    Shatterstar
    Danger
    Banshee
    Wolfsbane
    Rictor

Val Cooper - SHIELD Liaison
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

If Lorna is not the boss, keep her out. I think it's at a point where the social media energy can push Lorna into her own book in 2018. Long overdue. Should of happened after the end of House Of M 12 years ago.