Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    And Kurt is German.
    **** how come i forgot about one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Where'd you hear that?
    Paniccia, just posted it in gis twitter

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Apparently, Trinary is from India and I don't think we've had a mutant from India yet (we had Omega Sentinel and Dr. Rao but neither are mutants and both are in limbo). I do agree with you though. I can count the amount black female mutants on one hand (I think) and that shouldn't be a thing.
    Indra?

10char

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Thurderbird III was also from India wasn't he?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Indra?

10char
    Indra and Thunderbird III lol. Maybe that's where the rumour about him started. But yes X-Men are in desperate need of more Indians if they want to seem even somewhat representative of the world makeup so this is a nice step.
    Last edited by Mackandal; 11-13-2017 at 01:14 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Paniccia, just posted it in gis twitter
    Thank you! Just looked and he said she has an intense debut on issue #2.

Ultimate Member

Yeah he was from India, he had a nickname for some as the Delhi Dimwit if memory serves, so yeah Trinary won't be the first or second or third...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    If u want a more traditional team line-up read Gold?
    But Gold is penned by a terrible writer who only cares for half of his cast (if that)

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    I'll be reading this because I'm interested, but I can't help but be a little underwhelmed as well? There's just no synergy to this lineup. Out of the entire cast, it feels like the only people who have any connection with each other at all is Jean and Kurt, and even then it'd be a bit of a stretch to say their history is all that involved.
    You have a good point. Not only does Jean not have any allies here, but the rest of the cast don't really have any connections either. They feel thrown together. Not saying it can't work, but obviously Taylor will be starting from scratch in terms of developing relationships between characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'd honestly rather see those two again because new characters rarely appear after their creator leaves. It's always the same with the X-men.
    Every new writer wants to create new mutants and they're almost always forgotten as soon as the writer leaves.
    Editors should be trying to reduce the number of characters in limbo, not the opposite.
    ^^^ This. I appreciate what they're trying to do, but there's already a vast range of diverse and interesting characters that aren't being used. Make use of them. Please.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Yeah he was from India, he had a nickname for some as the Delhi Dimwit if memory serves, so yeah Trinary won't be the first or second or third...
    Yes, you are correct. There was a sizable racist backlash when he was introduced and a lot of online fans at the time referred to him as the "Delhi Dimwit". It was very disturbing.

Writers shouldn't be forced to write characters they don't want to write otherwise you end up with the mess X-Men Blue

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Indra?

10char
    God damn it.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Delhi Dimwit is his name??????????

ETA: oh, nvm, read the previous posts.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Having Namor on this team blew my freaking socks off: bringing him on-board was easily the best thing Matt Fraction did during his run, and I love that he's coming back.

For the rest of the roster, I like Laura well enough, but Gabby and Nezhno are somewhat unknown quantities to me (as I haven't read much with them in it). Kurt's okay, but I get that he's there for the connection to old-school X-Men.

I'm always willing to give new mutants the benefit of the doubt, and Trinary looks pretty cool. I want to hear more about her personality and power set.

If the Gambit rumors are true, then I'm all for his inclusion, too.

All in all, I like the lineup, but something about it feels a little lacking: it's probably the lack of a long-range energy user. *COUGH*BringBackAdultCyclops*COUGH*
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

All-New Member

I do not know the criteria that Marvel or Tom Taylor used to form the X-Men Red team. I thought Jean would interact with his older colleagues, but we see a strange team whose only traditional member is Kurt.

Not what I wanted but I'm cautiously optimistic. The X-Men need new blood, not a constant nostalgia rehash. This is bold but it might actually be good. Looks more intriguing than Gold or Blue