Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

I'm interested to see how the team is put together, I hope we do get to see that at least, except for Nightcrawler it is interesting that none of those characters are necessarily attached to Jean. Specially Namor who will be interesting to see interact with her given his relationship in the Scott/Emma thing and with the Phoenix.

Dunno who not-apocalypse is, but I wouldn't had minded Colossus in his place.

I'm just glad Logan isn't a part of her team. Sad no Bobby though.

And I'm guessing it will be Gambit who will be part of the team cause I doubt Marvel will let go of Rogue for the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Writers shouldn't be forced to write characters they don't want to write otherwise you end up with the mess X-Men Blue
    Hire a different writer then?

Got a solo piece of the new girl.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh-X View Post
    I do not know the criteria that Marvel or Tom Taylor used to form the X-Men Red team. I thought Jean would interact with his older colleagues, but we see a strange team whose only traditional member is Kurt.
    I'm hoping once the WHY is revealed this will make a lot more sense. You'd think reunions would be a big part of Jean's return.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    Hire a different writer then?
    A writer went to them and pitched a story. The editors didn't slip the writer a story. You're asking for a mess when you force characters into a story

All-New Member

All the projections for team formation failed, unfortunately. Kurt will leave X-Men Gold and not Storm. The change of status quo promised to the team may have to do with a new Storm leadership?
    I think the replacement for Kurt in X-Men Gold will be Ink or Armor.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    A writer went to them and pitched a story. The editors didn't slip the writer a story. You're asking for a mess when you force characters into a story
    There has to be some kind of balance there. If the main writers you have available and interested in writing for you don't want to write most of your popular characters then what do you do? Not saying that's what's happening but hypothetically speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I'm hoping once the WHY is revealed this will make a lot more sense. You'd think reunions would be a big part of Jean's return.
    Isn’t that what the mini series is going to give though? Genuinely asking, I thought the whole purpose of it was to bring her back and interact with the “new world.”

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Got a solo piece of the new girl.

I lovelovelove her design.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Wow, there are a LOT of pages here for something that just got revealed a few hours ago. Wow.

So, I gotta say, I'm a little disappointed in the roster.

Laura is great; one of my favorite Marvel characters.

Kurt is cool. Not one of my favorite X-Men but I do enjoy him when he shows up.

Gabby? Eh. I could have really done without her. I'm a big fan of her big sister and Gabby herself is fun but the fewer Wolverines we have running around the better.

Gentle is from an era where I wasn't reading the X-Men so while I vaguely recognize him, I have no idea who he is or what he does. I am however, interested in the idea of a mutant from Wakanda, so that's cool and I look forward to getting to know the guy.

Namor actively annoys me.

And the new chick, Trinary......interesting name, decent visual (if a little generic), so I'm down (though really, there's so many mutants out there.....did we need new ones?)

I was hoping for a roster with a more classic vibe, but this still gets an issue or three out of me just because of Taylor and Jean. And if Rogue/Gambit are involved that'll do a world of good too; they're among my favorite X-Men of all time.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    There has to be some kind of balance there. If the main writers you have available and interested in writing for you don't want to write most of your popular characters then what do you do? Not saying that's what's happening but hypothetically speaking.
    They make one or two compromises e.g. Magik went to Gillen not aaron and Brubaker used Having and Polaris instead of Storm and Cyclops in RAFOTSE. But it's the story you pitch not the characters to fit the story. And all the characters this writer chose were available.

I don't think this team is completely random. There are some indirect and somewhat loose connections.

Gentle is Wakandan and considering what Namor did to Wakanda...
    Namor is former P5, just had an issue with Jeen awhile ago, not to mention his past interactions with Emma and Cyclops
    And if Gambit is on the team then Laura and he will get to interact again

So there's some lines to play with there. But yes, this team could've benefited a character or two who had a clearer connection to Jean. Not to mention seeing what it is that draws all these characters to her.

i wish i knew more about trinary.

do you think she could be the red team's link to the mystic worlds? her outfit looks magic-friendly.

what do you guys think? this team does need more mystic characters, though making an indian mystical may be problematic

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I don't think this team is completely random. There are some indirect and somewhat loose connections.

Gentle is Wakandan and considering what Namor did to Wakanda...
    Namor is former P5, just had an issue with Jeen awhile ago, not to mention his past interactions with Emma and Cyclops
    And if Gambit is on the team then Laura and he will get to interact again

So there's some lines to play with there. But yes, this team could've benefited a character or two who had a clearer connection to Jean. Not to mention seeing what it is that draws all these characters to her.
    It is that random. None of these characters outside of Kurt have a connection to Jean and she is the backbone to why this title exists

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i wish i knew more about trinary.

do you think she could be the red team's link to the mystic worlds? her outfit looks magic-friendly.

what do you guys think? this team does need more mystic characters, though making an indian mystical may be problematic
    I think she might be a doug Ramsey type character