Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    It is appalling is what it is.
    LOL! Well... that's a bit of a strong word, but it IS a somewhat shocking lineup. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Gabby is NOT surprising, given that the writer is Tom Taylor, who write All New Wolverine.

As for the O5 and numerous other classic X-Men I get the feeling that they were and are off limits due to being in other titles. It's pure luck that Taylor got Kurt, probably, since it seems like Guggenheim was writing him out anyway.
    Oh, so he's the writer? He's one of them new-fangled guys, yeah? In Nick Spencer and Tom King's generation, aye? Hmm... so he's their new best hope, eh? Alongside Spencer, since King is jumping ship back to DC again, for some reason.

Have to admit, I've read like 1-2 issues of his All-New Laurverine, so I'm not sure what to make of him... He seems, capable? But nothing special - I'm not getting the feeling that he's a Jason Aaron, Brian Bendis, Ed Brubaker, Matt Fraction or best of all... JONATHAN HICKMAN - that seems to be more his name-sake, the other Tom, now doesn't it?

He seems more like a... Dan Slott?

I am ill pleased with that... With that said, I just realized that age-wise and breaking-through wise, I think Hickman is actually a 1.5 generation between the old ones, and these young ones, isn't he?

Well, I suppose I'll wait for the reviews...

Anyways, cheers for the info.

There goes my dreams of Jean pulling together her rag tag group of x-men again like Northstar, Dazzler, and Frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Got a solo piece of the new girl.

this is so great, can you tell me where you got this from?

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I don't think this team is completely random. There are some indirect and somewhat loose connections.

Gentle is Wakandan and considering what Namor did to Wakanda...
    Namor is former P5, just had an issue with Jeen awhile ago, not to mention his past interactions with Emma and Cyclops
    And if Gambit is on the team then Laura and he will get to interact again

So there's some lines to play with there. But yes, this team could've benefited a character or two who had a clearer connection to Jean. Not to mention seeing what it is that draws all these characters to her.
    Oddly enough, Jean's the odd one out on her own team. Wonder if that's relevant...

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    this is so great, can you tell me where you got this from?
    Mark Pannicia's twitter.

Disappointed that Laura is still going by Wolverine and the Gabby character is still around. IMO, Laura should be portrayed as younger and flawed. Not a perfect female Wolverine with no struggles and a goofy kid sidekick. Taylor fundamentally misunderstands the character as Yost and Kyle created her. Like I’ve said many times over, it’s perverse to think that her taking over the mantle of “Wolverine” is honoring him because the last thing he wanted was for her to grow up to be like him.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Former Morlock View Post
    There goes my dreams of Jean pulling together her rag tag group of x-men again like Northstar, Dazzler, and Frenzy.
    If I had a "like" button I'd punch it in the face for this comment.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Looks nice (much better than many recent stuff). Am curious about her power.
    She actually looks rather bland to me, and I'll explain why:

1. Fully human - we've got a crap-load of these...

2. NO superhuman permanent features, similar to 1, but no peculiar hair or, eye-colour or special skin-patterns / tattoos or permanent energy-signatures - H*ll! Even Rogue and Storm have more character that way! : \

3. A generic team-style uniform - it says very little about the character - her name is TRInary - WHY? What's that supposed to mean? I can't tell from her uniform - Spider-woman she is not... (aka, a character whose entire brand, name and costume, are obviously connected)

With that said, I suppose it looks as if she's got a bit of a 'tude, but low-key - not as in-your-face as Monet for instance. But, we'll see - I won't assume too much about the character from just a quick shot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    So...More Wolverine characters? I can dig it. I'll give it a read. Not exactly sure where Gambit or Rogue are in this as was promised but... sure. I can dig. You get a #1 commit to sell me on it. LoL, like almost half the team is Wolverine.
    At least this team has only 1,5 Wolverines. Trinary could be an Indian Wolverine too

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    At least this team has only 1,5 Wolverines. Trinary could be an Indian Wolverine too
    ...what the hell is a Trinary?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Mark Pannicia's twitter.
    thank you so much! i can't wait to find out more about her

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

You know I'm looking forward to hearing how Jean brings all these characters together on a team. And I'm sure Taylor has a great story planned for it. So bring it Taylor, I can't wait to hear where this is going!

Can't wait until Gentle beats the everliving piss out of Namor.

Also, how will Kitty react to Jean putting a student (Gentle) and child (Gabs) on her team after catching a fit because Santo suggested he join them for literally ONE mission.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    ... I think we all should step back and realize... we just put up 25 pages of posts in 4 hours.
    This is what I'm going to be remembered for.

My legacy.

My magnum opus.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Can't wait until Gentle beats the everliving piss out of Namor.

Also, how will Kitty react to Jean putting a student (Gentle) and child (Gabs) on her team after catching a fit because Santo suggested he join them for literally ONE mission.
    Probably won't be mentioned, but if it is Jean pulling seniority on Kitty could be a hoot.

Who is the artist?

Way to crush everyone’s dream with the cast. It’s down right awful. And Taylor is soooooo meh. Good god.

Makes me want to destroy my Keurig .......