Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So either Gambit or Rogue was suppose to be on this team. Right? So what was that all about?
    I think most likely only one of them is most likely the undeclared teammate. According to Paniccia there are 1-2 members not featured on the cover.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I think most likely only one of them is most likely the undeclared teammate. According to Paniccia there are 1-2 members not featured on the cover.
    Was there an interview where he said that? I missed that one. If someone had the linkI would be very happy.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Where are you getting that "Half Full" nonsense?

Gentle is one of the New X-Men. They've endured as much — if not MORE — hell in their time than almost any of the older generations of X-Men. They've proven themselves time and time again, and MORE than earned a spot on a front-line X-team. It's outright BS that Marvel continues to force them into the student role.

Laura had hundreds of kills under her belt before she was THIRTEEN. AND she was one of those afore-mentioned NXM. She's young, (but still around 20 years old based on Taylor's recent comments) but by no means inexperienced.

We have no knowledge of Trinary whatsoever, but she doesn't look like a child to me.

Namor is one of Marvel's oldest characters PERIOD. Nightcrawler has been with the franchise since Giant-Sized, and Jean is Jean.

The only character you can make a legitimate case for being an inexperienced child is Gabby, who was artificially aged to 13.
    This. I'm guessing they're probably going to put Trinary around 18-20, but overall this not a green team. They're just green to Jean.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Was there an interview where he said that? I missed that one. If someone had the linkI would be very happy.
    Twitter I think. He said one more member and then someone asked if it'd be Gambit or Rogue, and he said one of them would join RED.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Twitter I think. He said one more member and then someone asked if it'd be Gambit or Rogue, and he said one of them would join RED.
    Specifically someone asked if this was where one of Gambit or Rogue would end up, and he said yes.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Well, Taylor said there's "a character or two" missing, so there's probably someone else besides Gambit.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, Taylor said there's "a character or two" missing, so there's probably someone else besides Gambit.
    Please be Iceman!
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Please be Iceman!
    no thank you ...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The pet wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The pet wolverine.
    Ahah, hilarious!

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Where are you getting that "Half Full" nonsense?

Gentle is one of the New X-Men. They've endured as much — if not MORE — hell in their time than almost any of the older generations of X-Men. They've proven themselves time and time again, and MORE than earned a spot on a front-line X-team. It's outright BS that Marvel continues to force them into the student role.

Laura had hundreds of kills under her belt before she was THIRTEEN. AND she was one of those afore-mentioned NXM. She's young, (but still around 20 years old based on Taylor's recent comments) but by no means inexperienced.

We have no knowledge of Trinary whatsoever, but she doesn't look like a child to me.

Namor is one of Marvel's oldest characters PERIOD. Nightcrawler has been with the franchise since Giant-Sized, and Jean is Jean.

The only character you can make a legitimate case for being an inexperienced child is Gabby, who was artificially aged to 13.
    Stop taking it so personally maybe? So lets see... there are 7 characters Gentle, Laura and Gabby are all "kids" all within or under the NXM age group, none of which are over 18 yet or if they are, not far from it. The only word that may be out of place is "inexperienced". Just because a kid can, doesnt mean they should. This was the argument made against Cyclops and then Wolverine made for himself when he pushed X-23 off of X-Force. Trinary may not look young to you, but she does to me by how shes drawn. So... even if you subtract Trinary, you still have 3 out of 7... roughly half. Why would you think I was referring to Namor, Nightcrawler and Jean?
    Last edited by donpricetag; 11-15-2017 at 11:20 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

The pet wolverine.
    I thought Gabby was already on the cover?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Stop taking it so personally maybe? So lets see... there are 7 characters Gentle, Laura and Gabby are all "kids" all within or under the NXM age group, none of which are over 18 yet or if they are, not far from it. The only word that may be out of place is "inexperienced". Just because a kid can, doesnt mean they should. This was the argument made against Cyclops and then Wolverine made for himself when he pushed X-23 off of X-Force. Trinary may not look young to you, but she does to me by how shes drawn. So... even if you subtract Trinary, you still have 3 out of 7... roughly half.
    Taylor said Laura was around 20 on his Twitter a month or so back. With the other NXM being in the same age group, Gentle would be, too. So they're very much not kids, and their experiences only reinforce that.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Taylor said Laura was around 20 on his Twitter a month or so back. With the other NXM being in the same age group, Gentle would be, too. So they're very much not kids, and their experiences only reinforce that.
    20 years old is still pretty young in my book. Well within the "kid" range. Can't even rent a car at 20, still in college, can't drink, cant be on South Beach past a certain time, most still live at home. And that's his opinion (lol it means more than anyone elses!), which I don't really agree with because then all those NXMers back at the mansion have aged out, when we know they havent. Last I checked Laura was about the same age as Hellion, Mercury, Dust, Surge etc... yet they are all still students? While Quintin Quire just graduated a couple years ago our time, which is like months for them. Maybe at most a year if you take into account the time jump following Secret Wars... But for the sake of not arguing, OK Laura and Gentle are 20... Not exactly long in the tooth. I can understand Laura's presence but not when compounded by the others. Not when there are other X-Men to take into battle against "one of the worst enemies". Just my opinion.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 11-15-2017 at 11:37 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

The pet wolverine.
    This would be my bet.