Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

But then the pet wolverine would need his/her own costume as well right...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    But then the pet wolverine would need his/her own costume as well right...
    Jonathan the pet wolverine has already a costume. Easy change!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I think most likely only one of them is most likely the undeclared teammate. According to Paniccia there are 1-2 members not featured on the cover.
    Oh bummer....I was hoping Gambit, Magik, and Polaris, would be on this team.

BANNED

I'm interested in this Trinary character. I just wonder how long it'll be before her skin is lightened to make others feel comfortable with her character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I wouldn't like for Jean to just lead Gold, but I do wish she would become the headmistress of the school instead of Kitty... Just have Kitty being the field leader of the Gold team while Jean does something else in the school.
    I honestly thought that was the direction we were heading. Instead, the new team and new HQ makes it seem as if the Red squad will stay away from the school for the most part. I can't help but think keeping Jean away from the big league X-Men is a mistake, but I'll give it a chance. I maintain that Kitty isn't the most capable or deserving mutant as headmistress and team leader. Yes, she stole it away from Storm, but characters like Rogue or Dani Moonstar may have done better too. Once Xavier returns perhaps he'll reassume his role. At this point, I'll take anyone else in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    what if they had canceled Gold and made this her team?

Can't say that's a perfect roster either. It's just Gold minus Rachel plus Jean, Beast, and Iceman. Beast is a traitor and ought to be an Avenger for a while until his redemption arc is through, current Kitty Pryde is an abomination thanks to Guggenheim and Old Man Logan needs to go now that he's redundant. I'm fine with the rest, and that'd leave spots for Angel, Psylocke, Bishop and/or Wolverine (Laura).

Having thought about it more, Gentle being among X-Men Red is quite exciting, though the big thing I would change is having Storm on this book, thus allowing for that mentor relationship we know and love. And of course, Ororo is Jean's bestie. It'd be a nice way to tie the group together.

Does anyone else feel like Red, Blue & Gold are placeholders in a way? I honestly feel like the return of UNCANNY XMEN is inevitable, and that'll be the big flagship title with all the A-list characters. Add in titles like X-Factor and X-Force and there's room for most of our favorite mutants again. It might be a lengthy wait, but it'll happen.
    Last edited by King_Thor13; 11-15-2017 at 04:18 PM.

Yeah, I'm hoping for Uncanny X-Men with Xavier, Logan and Jean after AXM ends. I used to actually hate that idea as I think Jean should have full attention, but right now I would much rather have that instead of XMR.

All-New Member

I was a little disappointed when I realized that it was Namor. I was hoping for Hellion. I don't know what it is about him, but I'd like to see him get some real time in a book again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Based on the description I can't understand why Jean would be taking a team half-full of inexperienced, children, into something like this? I'm looking forward to reading this just to find that out.
    The original X-Men were even younger than most of these guys when the first faced one of their greatest enemies Magneto so why would it be a problem now? Jean is not Kitty. She can bring along who she wants.

Only weird case my be Gabby, but I'm not familiar with her enough to say whether she has the experience. And she could end up being a Jubilee like role.
    Last edited by Bart; 11-15-2017 at 05:50 PM.

BANNED

I'm glad Rogue or Gambit are confirmed. I hope it's Rogue, if only one because I like her better than Gambit. Though I'd prefer if they got rid of Gabby or Gentile and included both Rogue & Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Does anyone else feel like Red, Blue & Gold are placeholders in a way? I honestly feel like the return of UNCANNY XMEN is inevitable, and that'll be the big flagship title with all the A-list characters. Add in titles like X-Factor and X-Force and there's room for most of our favorite mutants again. It might be a lengthy wait, but it'll happen.
    I think Uncanny will spin out of Astonishing, but what the cast will look like is kinda up in the air at this point. Too soon to make any predictions.

Now, Gold, Blue, and Red opens up something interesting. I've always thought that Blue and Gold should both count towards Adjectiveless X-Men's Legacy number and now Red is included in that. I can see the three books going on for a few years and then combining into X-Men for a big weekly story the way the Avengers books are about to do and then the book continues on normally after that or the book does the same thing Amazing Spider-Man did during the Brand New Day era (three times a month, rotating set of creators, kinda like an anthology).

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    I'm glad Rogue or Gambit are confirmed. I hope it's Rogue, if only one because I like her better than Gambit. Though I'd prefer if they got rid of Gabby or Gentile and included both Rogue & Gambit.
    My personal preference is for the elimination of that abomination of science, Gabby, and her replacement with Pickles, who is at least a magikal abomination.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    My personal preference is for the elimination of that abomination of science, Gabby, and her replacement with Pickles, who is at least a magikal abomination.
    Ok I can agree with that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I think Uncanny will spin out of Astonishing, but what the cast will look like is kinda up in the air at this point. Too soon to make any predictions.

Now, Gold, Blue, and Red open up something interesting. I've always thought that Blue and Gold should both count towards Adjectiveless X-Men's Legacy number and now Red is included in that. I can see the three books going on for a few years and then combine into X-Men for a big weekly story the way the Avengers books are about to do and then the book continues on normally after that or the book does the same thing Amazing Spider-Man did during the Brand New Day era (three times a month, rotating set of creators, kinda like an anthology).
    That's entirely possible. If so, I'd want them to drop Fantomex and Old Man Logan for sure. Mystique I think should be over with Magneto. That leaves room for Banshee, Sunfire, Forge or Sage to join. Though I'd still be reserving the Uncanny title tbh. If Astonishing were to continue on somehow, I'm fine with it keeping that adjective.

As for Red, Blue & Gold, I think a crossover between the three teams is inevitable, despite being unwanted by some. I'm not sure if Blue should count towards the big numbers given they're all alternate characters? An eventual situation like No Surrender could be great in terms of shaking up the rosters again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, I'm hoping for Uncanny X-Men with Xavier, Logan, and Jean after AXM ends. I used to actually hate that idea as I think Jean should have full attention, but right now I would much rather have that instead of XMR.
    I don't really want Xavier on a team tbh. If he's back then I'd rather he readopt his role as teacher/mentor. Unless if he's getting a younger more capable body in Astonishing X-Men as speculated. But even then I don't find him to be a particularly likable individual. As for Logan, if he & Jean are put on a team together without Scott around, they'll probably end up romantically involved. I don't want that. Keep Logan over in other titles (X-FORCE). But Uncanny X-Men with Jean, Ororo, Bobby, Warren, Betsy, Kurt, Lucas etc. just feels right.

i'm just glad we're finally at a place where ppl can complain about rando new x-men and clones being on an x-team again, and not "who is this cloud killing this week?" tallies

Incredible Member

I hate that Namur keeps getting lumped in with the X-Men. He’s his own character with a long history that was in no way involved in the X-universe and now they keep putting him on the team. Not a fan.