Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Incredible Member

And the Big Bad for MORBIUS maybe....Hunger ?!? Didn't see that coming.

Extraordinary Member

I actually really enjoyed that storylin, but it sounds so generic.

uh, who is the villain for the movie?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    uh, who is the villain for the movie?
    Crown, who isn't even really a Morbius character. He's from a rather obscure Spiderman storyline where Morbius was kidnapped by HYDRA to be their super weapon. It's most famous scene is one where Morbius is being tortured by a lady scientist in a bikni.

so filming is about to begin? who is directing this, now? what other films have they done?
    I guess it may come out by next Halloween? I wonder how much horror this film will delve into. Certainly, if Morbius is to be taken seriously as a kind-of-superhero, he can't really have any innocent victims; that would come across as really obtuse if the film's narrative were to have him attack a series of civilians, feel bad about it, then all of a sudden 'turn good' for the fight against Crown.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Crown, who isn't even really a Morbius character. He's from a rather obscure Spiderman storyline where Morbius was kidnapped by HYDRA to be their super weapon. It's most famous scene is one where Morbius is being tortured by a lady scientist in a bikni.
    You mention this epic moment without posting a pic? I feel like I just watched a 2hr movie on a scrambled cable channel.

July 10th for Morbius

thats some pretty prime real estate

I never once thought they would release Morbius as a Summer movie

Sony has my attention now

82b96ecc9c01c08d4555dde806a1cd60--jered-leto-planet.jpg
    Last edited by Iowa; 11-23-2018 at 03:50 PM.

so will he only be able to glide with his costume? His "flying" was often inconsistently portrayed in the comics. and he was also given hypnotism at one point despite that being more of a distinctly mystical vampire power.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Thats pretty disapointing that Sony are doing the 'Villain is my evil mirror' thing

I actually liked the Brownsville arc in the last Morbius series. It played into the friendly neighborhood vampire trope and gave Morbius three new villains. It had a fun take on The Rose but you could substitute him for another character like Black Tarantula or Blackwing.

He fought against The Hood, lilith(dracula's daughter), a cult, Man-Wolf (john jameson) and the Lizard before. You could also send him against Kraven and the Jackal. If you wanted to be bold you could connect him to Morlun and the Inheritors or have them go after him because he's a bat-totem.

There are about 60+ spidey villains so you could always pick a few at the bottom and revamp them.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Thats pretty disapointing that Sony are doing the 'Villain is my evil mirror' thing
    prettty standard origin story

we'll have to do it twice with Venom

looking forward to more casting news

BANNED

After Venom I'm excited to see what Sony can do with Morbius.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Well, Sony has some hits and misses with their comic book movies, but after the moderate success of Venom and the huge success of Spider-Verse, I am feeling a bit more confident about the odds of a good Morbius movie now.