Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Sony's Morbius The Living Vampire

Sony are developing a film for Spidey's resident vamp with a script penned by Power Rangers scribes Burk Sharpless and Matt Sazama

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...riters-1056702

Man, they're really trying to make the most of what they have .

I love Morbius, but I can't imagine this will be interesting.

-Pav, who hopes to be surprised...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

If the Venom movie is successful, then maybe this will fly. Otherwise - nope.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

I shouldn't laugh but it's so hilarious how desperate Sony is getting now that Marvel has creative control over Spider-Man himself.
    By this point I can honestly see them trying to make a Scarlet Spider film without Peter, and clearly it goes without saying how ridiculous that would be.

Extraordinary Member

Morbius isn't the worst character for a movie...

OK, but in all seriousness, this sounds like a really bad idea. Morbius is a great character, but he's also extremely difficult to actually use and use well. I guess maybe Sony is interesting in luring Marvel into letting them use Blade, sure, but really, even that sounds like an idea doomed to failure.

Not interested.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

we'll see what happens. It has to be PG-13 right, so it won't be all the way horror.
    Plus, will they establish Morbius as an anti-hero, or a villain? who will he be attacking?
    I'm sure they'll stress the romance angle.
    I'd suggest Christian Bale, but he's already played a "bat man"-- heh.

I always thought either Steve Buscemi or Kevin Bacon would make a great Morbius plus they are good actors in their own right.
    Hail Hydra!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    we'll see what happens. It has to be PG-13 right, so it won't be all the way horror.
    Plus, will they establish Morbius as an anti-hero, or a villain? who will he be attacking?
    I'm sure they'll stress the romance angle.
    I'd suggest Christian Bale, but he's already played a "bat man"-- heh.
    Christian Bale would be good! I'm sure they won't get him, but he'd be good. The problem with Morbius is that he's so, well, grey that his villain really has to be really horrible to make him look heroic.

Or they can do what they did last series and turn it all into a weird real estate scheme.

I don't think Morbius is a bad idea for a movie. it's just that it can't be a straight forward lighthearted superhero movie. It need to be something darker.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I don't think Morbius is a bad idea for a movie. it's just that it can't be a straight forward lighthearted superhero movie. It need to be something darker.
    Morbius does work well in lighter moments and the character has always been a little deadpan. I actually think he'd be cool played not too dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Morbius does work well in lighter moments and the character has always been a little deadpan. I actually think he'd be cool played not too dark.
    Perhaps something around the level of Tim Burton's Batman or Sam Raimi's Dark man then. Still dark and serious, but with a nice touch of fun and sillyness on top.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Perhaps something around the level of Tim Burton's Batman or Sam Raimi's Dark man then. Still dark and serious, but with a nice touch of fun and sillyness on top.
    You have to make him silly. His concept falls apart if you don't sort of revel in the silly tragedy of his situation.