Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

I see Morbius and the other Sony Movies as second tier canon. It's canon but not really essential or set in stone. If they wanna use the characters they would but they might not care about keeping it in sync.

Extraordinary Member

So is anyone else just sort of annoyed with the "lol Marvel's Batman" jokes. I know where they're coming from, but it's annoying to try and explain the character to family and friends and internet people

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I felt a great sense of satisfaction with this first Morbius trailer in ways I did not with Venom's first trailer. Frankly even after Venom's second trailer I had written the film off as being a "so bad it's possibly good" type film. Amazingly Venom did gangbusters while just being a mediocre movie.

Morbius actually looks good from this first look and I'm eager for a second trailer to further convince me it could be really really awesome. Trying not to get my hopes up to high.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I'm hoping Harris is either Dr. Connors or Dr. Warren but after reading this list, Dr. Paine (#7) makes sense.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-morbius-f...ine-bloodbath/

Extraordinary Member

I just feel like they're sort of over complicating Morbius a bit. His powers are really pretty basic and he really doesn't need a bunch of fancy ones. His backstory is pretty simple by Marvel standards and adding too much too quickly feels like they're trying to pack too much in.

Say what you will about Venom, but the writers knew not to add too much convoluted nonesense in and the movie was better for it.

The film will be delayed until March 2021 as a consequence of COVID-19.

https://deadline.com/2020/03/sony-pi...us-1202896230/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    So is anyone else just sort of annoyed with the "lol Marvel's Batman" jokes. I know where they're coming from, but it's annoying to try and explain the character to family and friends and internet people
    I've never heard someone refer to Morbius as "Marvel's Batman".
    The character I hear that about 80% of the time, and that I agree with is Moon Knight. The other 20% of the time it is Nighthawk from Squadron Supreme, who ironically as stated by SS creator is meant to be that but he doesn't come across as well as Moon Knight to the Batman parallel for most in execution.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

The character I hear that about 80% of the time, and that I agree with is Moon Knight. The other 20% of the time it is Nighthawk from Squadron Supreme, who ironically as stated by SS creator is meant to be that but he doesn't come across as well as Moon Knight to the Batman parallel for most in execution.
    I think more people tend to look at Nighthawk as more a stand-in for Batman than a character in his own right.

There's also the people that refer to Daredevil as Marvel's Batman (which I think Frank Miller had a lot to do with). Speaking of Frank, I have heard more than a few people mention Punisher as being "Batman if he was realistic," or something to that affect over the years.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I've never heard someone refer to Morbius as "Marvel's Batman".
    There was the animated JUSTICE LEAGUE:Gods & Monsters with its take on the characters, and concepts. In it Bat-Man was Kirk Langstrom ,a biochemist ,and lukemia sufferer. Whose attempts to cure it resulted in him becoming a literal blood sucking monster like Morbius. Maybe it's where that line of thinking is coming from ?