Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 140
  1. #31
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    456

    Default

    So is this going to tie into their Silver Sable and Black Cat movie? Will we get a romance with "Feliiiiisha"?

    maxresdefault.jpg

  2. #32
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,902

    Default

    https://aegonthewhitewolf.tumblr.com...er-man-cartoon

    This tumblr post actually brings up a pretty good point about that.

    And we all know that pairing actually worked quite well in the context of the show.

  3. #33
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    643

    Default

    For awhile I guess there was some question of who had the rights to the Living Vampire. New Line, David Goyer probably thought with Blade, Nightstalkers, he was included with the rest of the Midnight Sons. He had a brief cameo in the deleted ,original ending to BLADE. And he was originally intended to be the Patient Zero of the Reaper Strain in BLADE II. If you check out some of the early designs for the Reapers, they had wings under their arms like the wings on Morbius' costume. And it was mentioned in the notes on the artwork, that the Reapers were intended to fly in the in the script's earlier drafts. Also in a deleted scene in ASM 2, Morbius' name shows up on Harry Osborn's computer. Hopefully, this flick end Michael Morbius' "always the bridesmaid never the bride" trend in the movies.

  4. #34
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    For awhile I guess there was some question of who had the rights to the Living Vampire. New Line, David Goyer probably thought with Blade, Nightstalkers, he was included with the rest of the Midnight Sons. He had a brief cameo in the deleted ,original ending to BLADE. And he was originally intended to be the Patient Zero of the Reaper Strain in BLADE II. If you check out some of the early designs for the Reapers, they had wings under their arms like the wings on Morbius' costume. And it was mentioned in the notes on the artwork, that the Reapers were intended to fly in the in the script's earlier drafts. Also in a deleted scene in ASM 2, Morbius' name shows up on Harry Osborn's computer. Hopefully, this flick end Michael Morbius' "always the bridesmaid never the bride" trend in the movies.
    A few years ago, there was even a rumor that they had cast some guy to play him in ASM 3, but that came to nothing. These rumors were heightened when Morbius was given his own series for some reason. I actually liked the series and thought it gave a fitting "end" to his story. We haven't seen too much of Morbius since. He appears to mostly be working in the underground monster city as its doctor.

    You just get the feeling that some Sony exec saw Morbius and knew instantly that this C-lister was going to be the next big thing. He's such an odd character to consider for a movie. Unlike Deadpool, he's not appearing everywhere and unless you're a huge Marvel fan, you probably have no idea who he is.

  5. #35
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Dear God, just so long as they don't make it Twilight...anything but that!
    Wasn't there a comic where Blade fantasized about slaughtering the Twilight characters?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  6. #36
    Astonishing Member whiteshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,746

    Default

    Vampire movies need all the help they can get after the Twilight movies,so maybe the Morbius movie will be a proper new Vampire movie.
    Thus why i am intrigued about this news.

  7. #37
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    9,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    So is this going to tie into their Silver Sable and Black Cat movie? Will we get a romance with "Feliiiiisha"?

    maxresdefault.jpg
    Hopefully they instead have Debra Whitman as the female lead/fangirl stand-in like Bella.


  8. #38
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    9,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Dear God, just so long as they don't make it Twilight...anything but that!
    I was mostly kidding but now I'm kinda intrigued. Especially if the female lead is an often neglected character like Deb Whitman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd find it hilarious if this movie's major marketing push involves targeting the Twilight fans .
    True Blood kind of targeted the same fanbase but it was good so there's hope.

  9. #39
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    12,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Hopefully they instead have Debra Whitman as the female lead/fangirl stand-in like Bella.

    As a kid I didn't quite appreciate the fact they pimped her out in her last appearance

  10. #40
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    9,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    As a kid I didn't quite appreciate the fact they pimped her out in her last appearance
    Has it ever been clarified that her tell-all book was wiped from existence by Doctor Strange's spell? It would have been fun if Marvel had produced it in prose form with a writer using "Debra Whitman" as an alias. Kind of like Twin Peaks' "The Diary of Laura Palmer".

  11. #41
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,463

    Default

    Morbius doesn't even really work in the COMICS without Spider Man.

    What makes them think it will work as a movie?

    Now a Morbius movie COULD work as a grindhouse horror/actioner like Near Dark but Sony won't
    make the "hard R" movie that would come out of that.

    Well, its their money to waste.

  12. #42
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    12,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Has it ever been clarified that her tell-all book was wiped from existence by Doctor Strange's spell? It would have been fun if Marvel had produced it in prose form with a writer using "Debra Whitman" as an alias. Kind of like Twin Peaks' "The Diary of Laura Palmer".
    It ought to be the Rosarche journal of the MU

  13. #43
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    9,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It ought to be the Rosarche journal of the MU
    OMG it is the Rorschach journal of the MU! XD

  14. #44
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Morbius doesn't even really work in the COMICS without Spider Man.

    What makes them think it will work as a movie?
    , BY
    The Midnight Sons book I thought worked pretty good out of the gate featuring Morbius in solo adventures until the creative dispute broke it up. I also enjoyed Morbius' role in the third and fourth ,MARVEL ZOMBIES mags. The fourth one, subtitled Midnight Sons, featuring him leading a team of supernatural leaning heroes to track down a carrier of the zombie virus under the Midnight Son moniker. Still think that the brass at Marvel had the sense of a head of cabbage not to pick that one up as an ongoing. Fred Van Lente and Kev Walker's did a wonderful job dusting off some of the forgotten horror side of the MU in that entry, and I was rather interested to see where it would've gone had it been allowed to continue.

    By the way, it was in ULTIMATE AVENGERS III by Mark Miller and Steve Dillon , where Blade talked about his recurring dream of trying to stake Ed(ger) Cullen, and never getting the chance to finish the job.

  15. #45
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    , BY
    The Midnight Sons book I thought worked pretty good out of the gate featuring Morbius in solo adventures until the creative dispute broke it up. I also enjoyed Morbius' role in the third and fourth ,MARVEL ZOMBIES mags. The fourth one, subtitled Midnight Sons, featuring him leading a team of supernatural leaning heroes to track down a carrier of the zombie virus under the Midnight Son moniker. Still think that the brass at Marvel had the sense of a head of cabbage not to pick that one up as an ongoing. Fred Van Lente and Kev Walker's did a wonderful job dusting off some of the forgotten horror side of the MU in that entry, and I was rather interested to see where it would've gone had it been allowed to continue.

    By the way, it was in ULTIMATE AVENGERS III by Mark Miller and Steve Dillon , where Blade talked about his recurring dream of trying to stake Ed(ger) Cullen, and never getting the chance to finish the job.
    Morbius was great in Marvel Zombies! I honestly think Marvel Zombies 3 brought up some great fringe horror with Morbius: The guy is so ugly that a zombie impersonated him for two weeks with a very minimal disguise. How ugly, how cold and smelly does our Morbius have to be for that to work? And not only that, but vambie Morbius didn't even act that differently from normal Morbius. He was maybe a little more blood thirsting, but nothing like we've seen from other zombies. This sort of implies that Morbius's normal blood thirst isn't that much better than what zombies have to deal with.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •