Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Sony please just stop with the Spider-Man spin-off movies. It's just feeling desperate now, especially with Spider-Man not being a part of this.

Morbius is really the perfect character FOR them to play around with. He's the least spider-manish Spider-man enemy there is. Not only can a movie about reluctant vampire who searches for a cure and struggle to maintain his humanity be done... It HAS been a done probably a dozen times.

Morbius is a lot like Blade. He'd be a comic book movie that the general public doesn't realize was a comic book movie. Heck, Blade is more morbius than really was Blade...

Even in the beginning, Morbius has nothing to really do with Spider-man. He has his disease, he tries to cure it, he gets infected and tries to kill himself and then by complete coincidence bumps into Spidey who's trying to cure his own extra arms. Spidey isn't needed in that movie.

As opposed to say.... VENOM. That is a character so intrinsically connected to Peter Parker that any attempt to remove him..... will by nature suck a LOT. Morbius?? Yeah, I'd like to see that.

Will it be unique and awesome? Probably not. I think the formula is a little to tired at this point to really take off, but is it doable? Absolutely.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Morbius is really the perfect character FOR them to play around with. He's the least spider-manish Spider-man enemy there is. Not only can a movie about reluctant vampire who searches for a cure and struggle to maintain his humanity be done... It HAS been a done probably a dozen times.

Morbius is a lot like Blade. He'd be a comic book movie that the general public doesn't realize was a comic book movie. Heck, Blade is more morbius than really was Blade...

Even in the beginning, Morbius has nothing to really do with Spider-man. He has his disease, he tries to cure it, he gets infected and tries to kill himself and then by complete coincidence bumps into Spidey who's trying to cure his own extra arms. Spidey isn't needed in that movie.

As opposed to say.... VENOM. That is a character so intrinsically connected to Peter Parker that any attempt to remove him..... will by nature suck a LOT. Morbius?? Yeah, I'd like to see that.

Will it be unique and awesome? Probably not. I think the formula is a little to tired at this point to really take off, but is it doable? Absolutely.
    The problem a lot of us have with this is while there is a lot you can do with Morbius, will the film do it? Morbius is a very versatile character and that's why he's survived longer than many Marvel characters. The problem is, can he be interesting when you strip those comic book elements away? Is it even worth it to call him Morbius if he's just another mopey vampire?

We've seen obscure comic book characters work in movies before. Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor, Iron Man...basically all of the MCU because Marvel sold the film rights to X-Men. Blade as a movie practically saved Marvel comics from certain death. In the case of the MCU, this success was done with tender loving care towards the source material while making necessary changes. Blade as a movie really just came out at the right place at the right time and was cool as hell.

What can you do with Morbius? He's a very versatile character, but he's also incredibly hard to get right and there's a reason many writers seem hesitant to use him.

I actually agree with this casting! And usually I am very picky.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Extraordinary Member

I don't know if I like this. For one, Jared Leto can be a really great actor, but he's nuts. The man takes his prep work too far. There's a very good chance that he might actually drink human blood to prepare for the movie. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but we all remember the rumors that he made Suicide Squad filming very uncomfortable. Then you have the sexual assault allegations against him, which while they seemingly have fizzled out, they haven't exactly gone away.

And I'm just not sure I like him as Morbius. I love Morbius! I really do! I just hope this doesn't ruin him for the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I don't know if I like this. For one, Jared Leto can be a really great actor, but he's nuts. The man takes his prep work too far. There's a very good chance that he might actually drink human blood to prepare for the movie. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but we all remember the rumors that he made Suicide Squad filming very uncomfortable. Then you have the sexual assault allegations against him, which while they seemingly have fizzled out, they haven't exactly gone away.

And I'm just not sure I like him as Morbius. I love Morbius! I really do! I just hope this doesn't ruin him for the comics.

Yeah, that was my first thought too. I'm no fan of Leto, but after what I heard about his Suicide Squad antics in the name of 'getting in character...' I'd have preferred he just faded away and didn't get hired anymore. Dude is messed up.

BANNED

I don't want a child rapist near a Marvel property.

Extraordinary Member

I'll give Leto another chance. You know, maybe he'll grow up or something. But I have a feeling that this is just going to go insane. This movie's budget is probably going to be small and if Venom bombs, I assume that this movie will either be shelved or Leto will be given free reign in the hopes that it will somehow make the movie "better."

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I don't even want to imagine how Leto will Method Act Morbius .

Extraordinary Member

I just assume that he'll drink actual human blood and maybe accidentally electrocute himself or someone else. And let's not tell him about that time Morbius was kidnapped and sexually assaulted by that Voodoo priestess.

Astonishing Member

Will he have ‘THIRSTY’ tattooed on his forehead?

Is nobody at Sony going, "Hey, isn't it kind of weird that we're building all these Spider-Man spin-offs and Spider-Man universe without Spider-Man?" What the hell are they smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Is nobody at Sony going, "Hey, isn't it kind of weird that we're building all these Spider-Man spin-offs and Spider-Man universe without Spider-Man?" What the hell are they smoking?
    If they manage to pull off Venom, then Silk and Morbius should be easier as they only have superficial ties to Spider-Man (in Silk's case, every time she's interacted with Peter has made her look bad so separating her from him is actually a good idea).

But it all depends on Venom's box office. And uh, Leto is a terrible choice. His Joker is plain embarrassing. So Morbius could sink on its own terms, not because of an absence of Spider-Man.

Extraordinary Member

The issue with Leto is that he actually could be a very good actor. We've seen that. But he's so obnoxious and full of himself that it's distracting. Plus the weird assault allegations and his very bizarre and weird behavior on the sets of film.

He might even make a good Morbius! I don't want to support him as an actor if he's as unprofessional and creepy as he's been on past sets.