Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

well, good luck with the project- who will be the antagonist for this film? I hope it's not a generic corporate boss.

I also hope that none of Blade's antagonists are used.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    well, good luck with the project- who will be the antagonist for this film? I hope it's not a generic corporate boss.

I also hope that none of Blade's antagonists are used.
    Sony still owns Blade movie rights?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Is nobody at Sony going, "Hey, isn't it kind of weird that we're building all these Spider-Man spin-offs and Spider-Man universe without Spider-Man?" What the hell are they smoking?
    Yeah, if they had announced Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock or Jared Leto as Morbius in "Far From Home" it would be seen as good casting.

Morbius may have more potential for a standalone, since he has not been as connected to the Spider-Man comics as Venom, and he has had solo stories in the 70s, 90s and current decade, but he doesn't seem to be a character in high demand or to fill a need.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Morbius is a good choice because he's an obscure character with a cool concept that knows Spidey but isnt super dependant on him.

Right now it depends on whether they could do anything interesting with the concept but that's true of anything (Iron fist and inhumans wave hello).

Extraordinary Member

Morbius could work if they just made him look weird and ran with the concept. Just make it really weird.

Unfortunately, I bet that this will be very watered down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Yeah, if they had announced Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock or Jared Leto as Morbius in "Far From Home" it would be seen as good casting.

Morbius may have more potential for a standalone, since he has not been as connected to the Spider-Man comics as Venom, and he has had solo stories in the 70s, 90s and current decade, but he doesn't seem to be a character in high demand or to fill a need.
    I think on their own Tom Hardy and Jared Leto are still big gets for this project, and possibly might not have even considered them if they were intended for the MCU.

Fantastic Member

Morbius works better on his own than venom. Morbius can feature blade and teaming up for a next film. Morbius didn't real suit spidey world

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    The issue with Leto is that he actually could be a very good actor. We've seen that. But he's so obnoxious and full of himself that it's distracting. Plus the weird assault allegations and his very bizarre and weird behavior on the sets of film.

He might even make a good Morbius! I don't want to support him as an actor if he's as unprofessional and creepy as he's been on past sets.
    Exactly. Except for the 'very good actor' part. I haven't personally seen evidence of that. I've seen him be decent and serviceable for a story.... but nothing so amazing that it'd be worth the controversy and headaches. He strikes me as a fine supporting actor or background guy... but I must have missed the great performances that somehow make him a stand out lead character...

I found a really great fan-made movie poster mock-up.

I only know of Morbius from the 90's cartoon. Didn't he drink blood through weird suckers on his hands? Or am I remembering wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Exactly. Except for the 'very good actor' part. I haven't personally seen evidence of that. I've seen him be decent and serviceable for a story.... but nothing so amazing that it'd be worth the controversy and headaches. He strikes me as a fine supporting actor or background guy... but I must have missed the great performances that somehow make him a stand out lead character...
    He's an Oscar winner, and the main disagreements with whether he deserved the award were political (is it right for a cis man to play a transgender woman in the 1980s?) rather than about merit. He was also the lead in one of the most acclaimed films of the twenty years: Requiem for a Dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think on their own Tom Hardy and Jared Leto are still big gets for this project, and possibly might not have even considered them if they were intended for the MCU.
    They're big gets the way the film is, though I'm pretty sure they'd have been on board with package deals (IE- the promise of a smaller part in one film, and then a solo film, the deals Boseman and Holland got prior to Captain America; Civil War.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    They're big gets the way the film is, though I'm pretty sure they'd have been on board with package deals (IE- the promise of a smaller part in one film, and then a solo film, the deals Boseman and Holland got prior to Captain America; Civil War.)
    I think the difference is I don't see Marvel Studios giving Venom and Morbius that kind of attention and focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I only know of Morbius from the 90's cartoon. Didn't he drink blood through weird suckers on his hands? Or am I remembering wrong?
    On the cartoon, yeah. The censors wouldn't allow any actual bites on the neck. They couldn't even say Blood. Morbius drank "plasma".

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    On the cartoon, yeah. The censors wouldn't allow any actual bites on the neck. They couldn't even say Blood. Morbius drank "plasma".
    Wow did the censorship suck in those days. But then again, has censorship ever not sucked?

Still, thought the blood sucking hands were a neat sci-fi monster thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Wow did the censorship suck in those days. But then again, has censorship ever not sucked?

Still, thought the blood sucking hands were a neat sci-fi monster thing.
    Spider-man in particular had some really strict censors, even for the time. I don't know why. Batman the animated series and even the X-men were able to get away with a LOT more than that series did.