Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

There may be postponements and cancellations on the horizon with Berganza gone.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...mics-bergexit/

What they ought to do for #1000 is stop right now any plans for any part of its story to coincide with an actual current continuity plot narrative, and just do a big collection of stand alone short tales by various creators. Its not wildly out of sync with what they were planning to do in the first place, but just with no emphasis at all on trying to connect it to any part of Superman's current narrative. Without that deadline in regards to current stories needing to be at a certain point by #1000, I think that would give a little wiggle room. As for #1000 itself, I certainly wouldn't feel it to be any missed opportunity of any sort. I think fans would greatly appreciate the aforementioned set up for the book, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of fans might even prefer it. It would still have every opportunity to do justice to the anniversary.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-14-2017 at 10:38 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

I'm not surprised given that this was clearly a last minute decision. How long was Berganza the Super-editor? I know he was running things at least since the post-Birthright era.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    He's not wrong though. How many great female creators have we missed out on on Superman books all these years because of him?
    Given the number of high profile non-Berganza books at DC written by women in the history of ever, I would say close to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

I am not surprised... It doesn´t matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I wonder how many female writers/artists may have avoided the Superman line just to keep away from him? Depressing thought really.
    Yes, is really depressing..

BANNED

New revelations from Molly McIsaac.

Basically, it “could have been worse” with me and the only reason it wasn’t was because I had good self preservation skills. However, WHENEVER I saw Eddie over the years (usually at San Diego Comic-Con in the lobby of some hotel where everyone was gathered), he was wildly inappropriate with me. And keep in mind at the time I was quite young – maybe around 20 when I met him? (I’m 28 now).

Some notable moments:

– Rubbing his penis against me while we were both standing at the bar (from behind me)

– Always grabbing/smacking/making weird comments about my ass/the size of it

– Asking extremely invasive questions about my sexual experience and preferences

– Making inappropriate comments about my physical appearance, how I would be “in bed” etc

– Once when I was sitting at the Hyatt complaining that my feet hurt after a day of walking the con, he yanked my feet into his lap and took my shoes off and started giving me a foot massage. I was very awkward and uncomfortable and asked him to stop and he didn’t.

– He was constantly saying “let’s talk about your writing career” because I wanted to write for comics so badly. He consistently told me he could get me a job writing at DC, and when I would try to talk about it he would always attempt to get me to his hotel room/somewhere private. IE “Let’s go up to my hotel room and discuss it, I have nice whiskey up there.” I never went with him which is why it never went beyond this, but I would email him to follow up EVERY time I saw him and he would say “I don’t have an opening for a writer right now, but maybe if you met up with me…” The implication was very clear.

– He would try to get me drunk, always handing me drinks. Luckily I’m 5’10” and Scottish so my blood is made of whiskey.

– If I hugged him hello or goodbye, he would kiss my neck, whisper weird things about how good I felt etc

He was just generally creepy and forever sexually overt with me. I told many people about it and women said “me, too” and men said “well, that’s just how Eddie is, just ignore him and don’t go to his hotel room with him.” I felt like I had to be around him because all of my peers always were, which caused me to be re-victimized by him over and over. At the time, I was writing for a myriad of big comics websites (ifanboy was my primary employer) so I was deeply entrenched in the industry. I wanted desperately to write comics but I can genuinely say that Eddie’s behavior made me abandon that dream as I did not want to work in an industry where I would have to sleep with someone to get a writing job.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...berganza-made/

Were these guys always such a**holes when they were mere peons working their way to the top, or did the power of their position, along with the lack of oversight and discipline, enable them to act so trashy?

That man is worst than I imaginated..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-14-2017 at 02:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    New revelations from Molly McIsaac.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...berganza-made/
    That's a bit more than some of the stories I've heard. Everything I heard made it sound like he just got drunk at a con once in a while and lost control. This sounds like a willfully deliberate pattern of behavior.
    Assassinate Putin!

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm not surprised given that this was clearly a last minute decision. How long was Berganza the Super-editor? I know he was running things at least since the post-Birthright era.
    There were a few years there from the start of the post INFINITE CRISIS era through the first few months of the New 52 that Matt Idelson was Superman group editor. Berganza's first stint was from 1999-2006. Second stint was 2012 to recently.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

They really need to clean house on all of this. This is rot goes right through to the core of the society. All of these peopel in the entertainment industry are getting punished and people are bravely sharing their trauma and at the same time the country is being run by a man who is guilty of the exact same things. The society needs to clean house.

I would love to see these sorts of issues really tackled in the stories and in the media. It can't be tolerated anymore.

Fantastic Member

Molly McIsaac's account of her run-ins with Berganza is one of the most cringeworthy things I've ever read. Very disturbing.

While I'm glad he's gone now, it's disgraceful that his behavior was allowed to continue as long as it did. I agree with some other posters here that whomever was protecting him all this time deserves to be fired, too. They could have put a stop to this a long time ago, and they didn't. That makes them culpable, as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Were these guys always such a**holes when they were mere peons working their way to the top, or did the power of their position, along with the lack of oversight and discipline, enable them to act so trashy?
    He's probably been that way since he hit puberty. A position of power merely gives him freedom to act like he always wanted to.

That firing was long over due.
    Jerry Siegel/Joe Shuster, Bill Finger/Bob Kane/Gardner Fox/Sheldon Moldoff/Jerry Robinson, William Moulton Marston under the pen name Charles Moulton/Harry Peter. Creators of the most enduring iconic archetypes of the comic book superhero genre. The creators early Golden Age versions should be preserved. The early Golden Age mythology by the creators are as close to the proper, correct authentic versions as there is.

Problems with DC Comics artist Mick Gray:

http://insidepulse.com/2017/11/18/dc...eeann-tweeden/