Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Berganza Officially Fired by DC

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...claims-1057570

And I heard they acknowledged that 'Other Senior Industry Figures' could be on the way out too. Anyone suspecting Harras and DiDio all of a sudden
    Last edited by Denirac; 11-13-2017 at 01:34 PM.

Good. 10char

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Well, good. I can't especially see it as anything other than shameless ass-covering as opposed to a real sign of change (even in the name of shameless ass-covering) unless Harras goes out the door too for having facilitated this for the better part of a decade, but even in isolation I'll definitely take it.
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 11-13-2017 at 02:27 PM.
    Buh-bye

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Good. Hopefully now Supes can get an editor with some fresh ideas about how to push him back to glory. I hope he gets someone good.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Good. Hopefully now Supes can get an editor with some fresh ideas about how to push him back to glory. I hope he gets someone good.
    Yes, good Superman stories.
    Way to get your priorities straight.

It's been a long-time coming, but it's good to finally have Berganza out.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

So it looks like we can say that "good word" about incriminating evidence people claimed was more gossip.

For the sake of discussion about the ramifications on the comic line, let's please avoid that gossip. Please don't fling out names of people you don't know to be involved or go on about who should be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    So it looks like we can say that "good word" about incriminating evidence people claimed was more gossip.

For the sake of discussion about the ramifications on the comic line, let's please avoid that gossip. Please don't fling out names of people you don't know to be involved or go on about who should be fired.
    Honestly, I hope it doesnt impact the current line. I really like the DC Landscape since Rebirth

Finally!

And before the New Year, too--maybe some good stories that make sense--and adhere to continuity --only will soon be forthcoming!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Finally!

And before the New Year, too--maybe some good stories that make sense--and adhere to continuity --only will soon be forthcoming!
    This is seriously what you guys care about here...

But yeah, despite the lingering problem, this is still good news and long overdue.

My initial thoughts:

1. Good riddance to that albatross.

2. DC better take a long hard look at its current hiring and firing policies and revamp them to ensure this kind of situation does not repeat here.

3. DC has to do its own apology tour of sorts by just making its own work environment a safer place for all its employees.

4. Whoever was protecting this guy needs to be aggressively exposed and unceremoniously fired, no matter how senior they are.

5. I guess whatever alleged blackmail material the guy had on the offices is ultimately A) not damning enough to keep him protected, or B) so damning that a lot more heads are soon going to be rolling after his.

6. Neither talent nor connections should ever outweigh basic decency, but clearly does way too often in virtually all walks of life.

7. No idea how this will affect the Superverse line in and of itself. My hope is that now more female talent will WANT to work on the books in the future without that guy there.

good riddance, because of him n52 was burdened with crossover after crossover and as such had few chances to estabilish a strong foundation

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I'm of the opinion Berganza should have been moved off Superman even before I was aware of his history of misconduct. However I'm glad he's gone, Because of his behaviors. That's what's important honestly. Hopefully those who excused him are shown the door soon.No matter who they are.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Yes, good Superman stories.
    Way to get your priorities straight.
    I was under the impression that celebrating the removal of a sexual predator from his position of power kind of goes without saying? That's OBVIOUSLY good news.

AND? As a side benefit, we also may get some better stories out of this.

It IS possible to be happy about both, you know? Everyone else was doing a fine job of praising the firing as a victory for women, so I thought I'd point out the OTHER perk of finally losing Berganza.
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 11-13-2017 at 03:42 PM.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I'm of the opinion Berganza should have been moved off Superman even before I was aware of his history of misconduct. However I'm glad he's gone, Because of his behaviors. That's what's important honestly.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”