Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I wonder how many female writers/artists may have avoided the Superman line just to keep away from him? Depressing thought really.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    This is seriously what you guys care about here...
    Nah, they're just piling on. It's basically saying, "You're a bad guy, Eddie Berganza. And your work sucked, too."

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Nah, they're just piling on. It's basically saying, "You're a bad guy, Eddie Berganza. And your work sucked, too."
    someone gets it

Good riddance.

This is a comic board, is it not? This story and how it affects women is being discussed at length in plenty of other places. I see no reason why the Superman board cannot discuss what this means for the comics bearing his name. It’s not about “priorities”, it’s about discussing a different angle to a story that has been beaten to death already. Berganza = Bad, mmkay? We got it. Let’s discuss the editorial side for a while.

Carry on, gents.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    This is a comic board, is it not? This story and how it affects women is being discussed at length in plenty of other places. I see no reason why the Superman board cannot discuss what this means for the comics bearing his name. It’s not about “priorities”, it’s about discussing a different angle to a story that has been beaten to death already. Berganza = Bad, mmkay? We got it. Let’s discuss the editorial side for a while.

Carry on, gents.
    I agree... But do think both sides deserve explored on here. 'Berganza = Bad' TRUE BUT is Berganza's firing going to prove disasterous elsewhere. He's also editing Metal etc, so will this impact on the wider DCU and the actual company.

Not much to said, beyond that it took more time than it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    I agree... But do think both sides deserve explored on here. 'Berganza = Bad' TRUE BUT is Berganza's firing going to prove disasterous elsewhere. He's also editing Metal etc, so will this impact on the wider DCU and the actual company.
    I agree, both sides should be explored. The problem is when the comics side gets explored & you have people saying “nice priorities”. Berganza is gone, so now there are no priorities to be concerned about. Both topics are equal discussion at the point, imo.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...claims-1057570

And I heard they acknowledged that 'Other Senior Industry Figures' could be on the way out too. Anyone suspecting Harras and DiDio all of a sudden
    Has Didio ever been accused of harassment? Why would you suspect that at all. No need to ruin someone's character.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Has Didio ever been accused of harassment? Why would you suspect that at all. No need to ruin someone's character.
    No. But Harras enabled Berganza’s behavior. He should be demoted at the very least.

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I wonder how many female writers/artists may have avoided the Superman line just to keep away from him? Depressing thought really.
    I can think of one female writer of one of the Superman titles over the last...12 years? And I really hope he never harassed her.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It's less he's accused of Harrassment... More like Harras he could be one of the Enablers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TruthAndJustice View Post
    I can think of one female writer of one of the Superman titles over the last...12 years? And I really hope he never harassed her.
    I can think of Gail Simone and G. Willow Wilson. But that's it, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Yes, good Superman stories.
    Way to get your priorities straight.
    He's not wrong though. How many great female creators have we missed out on on Superman books all these years because of him?

I'm glad he was finally fired. It took way too long to do so. I wonder if the women he assaulted have ever filed charges or taken any other action against him. I hope the offices at DC are now a safe space for any creative person to contribute to the characters they love. Honestly though, it always sticks in my craw when you have a "sorry because we got caught and can't just ignore it" rather that "sorry because this wrong and we'll make sure it doesn't happen again". So I hope this leads to actual change at the DC offices about how these reports are handled.