Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

As far as trolling the Peter/MJ crowd is concerned, Marvel has done more than enough of that crap but I wouldn't put it past them to do it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Could it be Thanos and Hela?
    Hela No! (Couldn't resist the pun)

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Slott teased something major was being seeded in January's issue of ASM too.
    I'd be surprised if it had anything to do with the marriage thing but I guess we'll find out sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hasn't Marvel trolled those fans enough? Sure they throw them a bone every now and then, especially with Renew Your Vows, but more often then not they just troll anyone who's a fan of that relationship, right down to how they got rid of it in the first place.

Not to mention it would look pretty hypocritical of Marvel to try and marry off Spider-Man again when they went through all the trouble to get rid of his last one and gush about how important his swingin' single status is. And then he was married to an actual Spider-Man supporting character at the time with an actual significant history with him. What does Bobbi have compared to that other then being a fellow Superhero?

If Tony were to ever get married I would hope it would be with someone who's he been together with for longer then, basically, a day.

Don't see a lot of (alive) attendance for that wedding .

Wanting somehing to happen just to spite other fans, sounds really childish. Oh well, its Warren, im not surprised

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post

The last possibility, in my opinion, involved Iron Man and Amara Perera. I know that romance isn't very classic or iconic, but with Tony Stark set to return, this could be one way in which he grows. If Marvel wants to make this "The Wedding of the Century," then using one of its top tier characters is a must. With the success of the MCU, I think few things would be bigger than Iron Man getting married.
    With the pregnancy revelation from the last issue Infamous Iron Man...yeah, this doesn't seem to far out there. Having Tony get married gives Marvel both the chance to hype up a big change (and probably make the actual wedding issue a couple books more with countless variants) and gives them an easy reason to keep Riri as the main character of Invincible Iron Man, what with Tony dealing with marriage, a baby, and his new biological mother. I really hope that isn't the case but if come to expect the worst when it comes to the Iron Man books over the past couple of years...

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    With the pregnancy revelation from the last issue Infamous Iron Man...yeah, this doesn't seem to far out there. Having Tony get married gives Marvel both the chance to hype up a big change (and probably make the actual wedding issue a couple books more with countless variants) and gives them an easy reason to keep Riri as the main character of Invincible Iron Man, what with Tony dealing with marriage, a baby, and his new biological mother. I really hope that isn't the case but if come to expect the worst when it comes to the Iron Man books over the past couple of years...
    It would be so underwhelming to see Tony marry a woman he barely knows just because he got her pregnant from, as far as we know, one night of sex .

I mean, if you're going to give Iron Man a big wedding, at least make it with someone who most Iron Man fans would probably recognize and has major history with him. I don't dislike Amara but I don't see her marrying Tony either.

BANNED

Personally, as much as I don't think Peter Parker should be married, I'd love it if he married Bobbi. One, that would be absolute world class trolling of the Peter/MJ crowd.
    Why would it matter though?

For one, it wouldn't shut anybody up, and two, I don't think there's that many you can troll other than those who still feebly regard 616 as the end-all/be-all for the characters. The simple fact is that Peter and MJ are still married in the newspaper strip and in Renew Your Vows, that's two ongoing continuities that outnumbers post-OMD's solitary one. Marvel are still catering to marriage fans, so trolling them in the mainline canon seems redundant and pointless on their part.

That, plus a lot of fans have been suggesting the Parker family ought to transition over to the main canon or revealed as what really happened to the "core" Peter and MJ, and kill off the shoddily handled "mainline" versions.

Not to mention Bobbi has some failed marriages under her belt, which would age up Peter or make him look more of a loser.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 11-14-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be so underwhelming to see Tony marry a woman he barely knows just because he got her pregnant from, as far as we know, one night of sex .

I mean, if you're going to give Iron Man a big wedding, at least make it with someone who most Iron Man fans would probably recognize and has major history with him. I don't dislike Amara but I don't see her marrying Tony either.
    Given Rhodey's death, the conclusion of Civil War 2, and Riri's time as the star of the book, you could probably just rename the thing Underwhelming Iron Man...so it would totally fit. But yeah, the obvious choice would be Pepper Potts, but we are kinda past that at this point. If they wanted to do that it would certainly take more than a couple of months to get both the characters into a position where that made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Logan&Jean
    Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    The only marriage important enough to earn the "of the century" title would be...Logan and the newly resurrected Jean Grey. Kitty/Colossus and Rogue/Gambit are smaller profile.

Both coming back from the dead, realizing their past mistakes, having a new appreciation for life....I can see it happening
    I too believe this. It means, what else you can do with them? Kill them?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    "Breaking news, Woman re-marries man who once hit her." It's not Jan and Hank, I can see all of the angry tweets, blog posts, reblogs, and thinkpieces. It would be a nightmare.

My mind immediately jumps to Peter and Mary Jane, but that's highly unlikely, maybe Peter and Bobbi.
    Is Hank a super villain now.

Of course, nobody can justify (under normal circumstances) a man hitting his wife (or a woman hitting her husband), but in light of Hank's longstanding psychological issues (for which I assume he has been receiving counseling), he might be the one Marvel character who could be cut a break for this otherwise unforgiveable break. (Heck, there are people who think Magneto is a good guy.) (And just for the record, when I say "under normal circumstances," I mean if he or she is trying to kill or hurt his/her souse, it might be OK to tag him/her.)

That being said, I would agree that they are NOT getting remarried.

Sandy Hausler

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Is Hank a super villain now.

Of course, nobody can justify (under normal circumstances) a man hitting his wife (or a woman hitting her husband), but in light of Hank's longstanding psychological issues (for which I assume he has been receiving counseling), he might be the one Marvel character who could be cut a break for this otherwise unforgiveable break. (Heck, there are people who think Magneto is a good guy.) (And just for the record, when I say "under normal circumstances," I mean if he or she is trying to kill or hurt his/her souse, it might be OK to tag him/her.)

That being said, I would agree that they are NOT getting remarried.

Sandy Hausler
    Hank was cut a break from it but they went back on it for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Hank was cut a break from it but they went back on it for some reason.
    I gather the new Wasp has dropped his name.

Sandy Hausler

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

X-Men characters sound most likely.
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    Oh how nice a Marvel wedding. Here's my present:
    I was just going to get them a his and her (or his and his, or her and her) Sharpie pen pack...so that they can write their names on their things before the vows. That will save them tens of thousands of dollars in lawyer fees later, if they don't have to fight over who owned what.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Maybe this thread would be more entertaining if we list the names of the people that aren't getting married?

Black Panther and Storm
    Blue Marvel and Spectrum
    Captain Marvel and War Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I gather the new Wasp has dropped his name.

Sandy Hausler
    Yep. Happened in Unstoppable Wasp #8, the final issue. She found out that Hank had hit Janet. She also knows about Ultron. So she pretty much sees Hank as a villain and asked Janet if she could have her name. So, she became Nadia van Dyne. The Avengers recap pages still call her Nadia Pym though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yep. Happened in Unstoppable Wasp #8, the final issue. She found out that Hank had hit Janet. She also knows about Ultron. So she pretty much sees Hank as a villain and asked Janet if she could have her name. So, she became Nadia van Dyne.
    Views her dad as a villain yet geeks out over Doctor "I sent babies to hell to get vengence on my mortal enemy" Doom. & people wonder why I call her the 3rd Pym mistake.