Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I think a Gambit + Rogue wedding would really set things on fire, but of course Marvel would break it up and ruin everything. Peter was meant for Mary Jane, and I'd make "Renew Your Vows" the main Spider-title. Nobody cares about Kitty and Colossus so that one seems likely. Northstar and his husband appear to be the only happy marriage permitted to exist by Marvel. I'd like to see Dr Strange and Clea, or Thor and Sif.
    I see more excitement for a Rogue and Gambit wedding but I don't see that happening by the end of Thompson's mini.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I think a Gambit + Rogue wedding would really set things on fire, but of course Marvel would break it up and ruin everything. Peter was meant for Mary Jane, and I'd make "Renew Your Vows" the main Spider-title. Nobody cares about Kitty and Colossus so that one seems likely. Northstar and his husband appear to be the only happy marriage permitted to exist by Marvel. I'd like to see Dr Strange and Clea, or Thor and Sif.
    Rogue and Gambit would be bad.

BANNED

I really don't know why we even bother trying to theorize who it'll be. It'll go pear shape by the end of the year making this **** worthless. "Oh but what about-" shut up, None of the exception are safe from it either. Luke & Jessica's is straining & with Bendis out the house now it's only a matter of time before Marvel axes they're marital life, & Northstar is so irrelevant that Marvel didn't gain or lose anything when promoting it. If this marriage to whoever last more than 5 years I'll eat my own shoe but otherwise there is nothing to get hyped for here.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    I really don't know why we even bother trying to theorize who it'll be. It'll go pear shape by the end of the year making this **** worthless. "Oh but what about-" shut up, None of the exception are safe from it either. Luke & Jessica's is straining & with Bendis out the house now it's only a matter of time before Marvel axes they're marital life, & Northstar is so irrelevant that Marvel didn't gain or lose anything when promoting it. If this marriage to whoever last more than 5 years I'll eat my own shoe but otherwise there is nothing to get hyped for here.
    K see you in the next prediction thread

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Well, for starters, I don't think it's going to be any of the couples pictured. I mean, it would be kind of anti-climatic, as it looks like they want people to be surprised.

I would LOVE for it to be Wiccan and Hulkling, as I feel they are the most healthy and deserving couple right now, in terms of story, consistency and just my overall taste. They've been together for more than a decade on a very stable relationship that evolved naturally and had no silly dramas, they've been engaged for a while and are now living together and, overall, they're just that kind of endgame couple that almost everyone roots for. Plus, in the latest two titles they appeared on, we saw two different alternative futures for the characters, and they seemed to be happily married and with kids in both realities. If that's not a sign, I don't know what it is. If this was real life, I'd probably think they were a little too young for this kind of commitment, but it's comic books and time goes by really slow, so I'd be okay with a marriage right now.

The only thing going against them is that, sadly, I don't think they are such priorities to the publisher. Not to the point where they would describe their wedding as ''wedding of the century''. But they could use a push right now, because I do think they are probably Marvel's most popular gay couple (I mean, even Marvel seems to agree with me on that) and they should be doing more with them. It's about time the two of them play a bigger role in the MU, so a big event like that centered around them would be perfect. Assuming this would mean they would still be pushed afterwards and not get the Northstar treatment, of course. And honestly, just thinking about the family gathering at that wedding would be delightful. I've been wanting Marvel to come up with an excuse to gather all that crazy side of Billy's family for a while now, and a wedding could do just that. Teddy, on the other hand, would pretty much have no family present there at all, poor guy...

Anyway, I'll be telling myself that is going to be Kitty and Piotr so I'll save myself from the disappointment.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-14-2017 at 07:41 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    K see you in the next prediction thread
    Ok I'm cynical but not enough to basically crap on every prediction. If it's something like a long dead character returning or what a New roster for a team Sure that's worth prediction. But not. There are so many marriages down the drain in this universe & the tease of any permanent romance for a major character has long since died or is the characters regress.

BANNED

Marvel hyping up a comic book wedding? Can't say that I'm enthused about the concept. This whole publicity stunt gives-off an unpleasant Archie Comics vibe. Save the melodrama for Riverdale and focus on fixing the fundamental problems with Marvel today as a source of entertainment. Unless this turns out to be a Red Wedding the whole affair might be pretty boring...

Ultimate Member

Honestly, I would love to see older Jean and Scott finally settle down together.

But seeing as older Scott is still dead....

Ultimate Member

Maybe Thor and Thor? (Odinson and Jane) That would be a hoot.

I feel like Wiccan and Hulkling kind of already are married, in spirit, if not on paper.

Also, the cynical part of me thinks that gay marriages in Marvel are going to be like black guys on a team. Once Marvel's got exactly one, they aren't going to feel the need to have another...

Do not think it will be a mutant couple or any couple already known. It must be some new couple and I doubt they have mutants because of the synergy with the movies.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

It's going to be Carol and Rhodey. I mean they have been a popular couple, there's the timing of Carol getting a movie, and... oh wait, Bendis made sure that can't happen.

The only marriage important enough to earn the "of the century" title would be...Logan and the newly resurrected Jean Grey. Kitty/Colossus and Rogue/Gambit are smaller profile.

Both coming back from the dead, realizing their past mistakes, having a new appreciation for life....I can see it happening

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I wish people in real life sent out wedding invites in 7 months advance like Marvel.

It's Danny Rand and Misty Knight at last!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Voyager and Sentry.

Joking aside, I'm not sure. Could it be Jan and Hank to have movie synergy?
    "joking aside", huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Honestly, I would love to see older Jean and Scott finally settle down together.

But seeing as older Scott is still dead....
    I hope young babyCyke marry old Jean.
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    A lot of real life marriages don't last more than five years. Would you attend an actual wedding and loudly announce "Nothing to get hyped for here - it's just a matter of time before it's over!" even though there is realistically a very good chance, given the odds, that the marriage will eventually end in one fashion or another?

No, of course not. That'd be stupid. Many (most?) marriages do end at some point but that doesn't mean that there was no value in attempting it in the first place.

In turn, this Marvel wedding will probably not last for the entire fictional lives of whatever characters are involved but so what? It's a storyline. It doesn't have to represent a permanent change in order to be a story worth telling.

Personally, as much as I don't think Peter Parker should be married, I'd love it if he married Bobbi. One, that would be absolute world class trolling of the Peter/MJ crowd. Also, it would actually make for an intriguing new "power couple" in the MU.