Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

the mistake was in being a fan of Doctor Doom; not choosing to honor Janet. Doom was just as scummy to women as Pym.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I gather the new Wasp has dropped his name.

Sandy Hausler
    That (insert obscene words here) Jeremy Whitley threw Hank under the bus, train, etc. in Unstoppable Wasp #8. Basically pulled a Bendis and ignored all the character development from West Coast Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That (insert obscene words here) Jeremy Whitley threw Hank under the bus, train, etc. in Unstoppable Wasp #8. Basically pulled a Bendis and ignored all the character development from West Coast Avengers.
    what development did Jan receive in that series?

BANNED

If Rogue marries Gambit..she's basically ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    "Breaking news, Woman re-marries man who once hit her." It's not Jan and Hank, I can see all of the angry tweets, blog posts, reblogs, and thinkpieces. It would be a nightmare.

My mind immediately jumps to Peter and Mary Jane, but that's highly unlikely, maybe Peter and Bobbi.
    You know, Hank and Jan have been back together for many years after 1981, and there haven't been any uproars or anything But hey, Hank is dead so that should help with the nightmares

I could imagine more angry tweets and such if Peter was to marry anyone else besides MJ honestly. They're probably one of the most classic OTP for fans. I'm not sure people wouldn't be upset at Peter marrying someone else.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    If Rogue marries Gambit..she's basically ruined.
    How? I think that's not really fair.

Besides, it's probably going to be Jean and Logan or Kitty and Colossus.

Astonishing Member

Whoever gets married I hope stays married and doesn't get divorced in the next few years.

The cynic in me doesn't believe it's Kitty and Colossus since they are a hetro white couple.

Incredible Member

It'll end in divorce as soon as a new writer takes over unless it's Billy and Teddy since they've been in a relationship their entire publication history.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Whoever gets married I hope stays married and doesn't get divorced in the next few years.

The cynic in me doesn't believe it's Kitty and Colossus since they are a hetro white couple.
    I find it hilarious that people think Marvel doesn't push cishet white people. Like, do you know how many of Marvel's titles currently have main characters in same-sex romantic relationships? There's America, Iceman, USAvengers, and the ship-teasing in Generation X. That's it. There are other books with gay supporting characters. But in terms of gay couples among the main casts of books? An entire four. And while there are a few more relationship where one or both partners are non-white, it's still not all that many.

Meanwhile, there's actually plenty of straight white couples appearing.

Marvel is not exactly shoving straight white people into the margins.

The truth is, a lot of books right now just don't have much focus on romance at all. Of the ones that do, there's a variety of couples shown, including no shortage of straight white couples.

I honestly think it might help kitty and colossus’s characters at the moment. Kitty is almost unrecognizable in gold and it is terrible and colossus has always been rather boring. I hope it is them so they can just go have marital problems for the next few years. Certainly gives Piotr more

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    I honestly think it might help kitty and colossus’s characters at the moment. Kitty is almost unrecognizable in gold and it is terrible and colossus has always been rather boring. I hope it is them so they can just go have marital problems for the next few years. Certainly gives Piotr more
    If it's written by Guggenheim, it'll just compound the characterization issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    How? I think that's not really fair.

Besides, it's probably going to be Jean and Logan or Kitty and Colossus.
    NOOOOOOOOO!

No no no no no no no no no. In the name of all that is good and pure in this world, no. No. Every single no that has ever existed or will ever exist. There is simply not enough no for this idea.

hellno (2).jpg

Seriously. No.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    If it's written by Guggenheim, it'll just compound the characterization issues.
    Yeah, that's the problem here. Kitty and Piotr not feeling right isn't a result of the characters themselves being in ruts. The problem is Guggenheim being a hack. If Kitty and Piotr get married, it won't be because it'll advance their characters, it'll be because they were connected back in the Claremont era, and Gold is just straight-up Claremont nostalgia-wank with not a single new idea of its own. And as long as he's the one writing them, it's going to be the same hack writing.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I find it hilarious that people think Marvel doesn't push cishet white people. Like, do you know how many of Marvel's titles currently have main characters in same-sex romantic relationships? There's America, Iceman, USAvengers, and the ship-teasing in Generation X. That's it. There are other books with gay supporting characters. But in terms of gay couples among the main casts of books? An entire four. And while there are a few more relationship where one or both partners are non-white, it's still not all that many.

Meanwhile, there's actually plenty of straight white couples appearing.

Marvel is not exactly shoving straight white people into the margins.

The truth is, a lot of books right now just don't have much focus on romance at all. Of the ones that do, there's a variety of couples shown, including no shortage of straight white couples.
    Yeah, I'm confused as to how anyone in touch with reality would even suggest that the odds of a straight white couple getting a story dedicated to them are smaller than any non-straight white couple. That doesn't make any sense at all.

Blaming Hank Pym for the stuff that happened decades ago is the same as saying Wasp is an incompetent sidekick who only cares about men.

Marvel Universe is not some never-ending story. The continuity is thin. Don't bother caring how characters were written in the past. It doesn't make sense because it's irrelevant.
    Last edited by Captain M; 11-15-2017 at 05:12 AM.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Hank was cut a break from it but they went back on it for some reason.
    Pretty much. Every time a writer comes along and has Hank Pym look like his getting his life on track and moving on from the past another writer comes and resets him back to how he was before. The character has stuck in a loop since 1981.

For whatever reason writers at Marvel won't let the character permanently move into a direction and let go of past storylines like many other Marvel characters have.